Will I regret Lund tuning on my 5.0?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
AED.... LUND..... its like choosing a Super Model over Ms. Universe. Both will put a smile or ur face :D and get the job done.

Holovacko

Established Member
Go with Lund and the Ngauge. Both are good, being mostly stock, you won’t see much difference between the 2. Lund now has a team of calibrators, so service is very fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DeepImpact

Established Member
Sorry, old thread but wondering how the tune went. Did you go with Lund? I am about to pull the trigger on a mail order Lund tune. I wanted AED, but he won't do mail order for me and we can't find a date that works for both of us. Lund is much cheaper since for AED, I have to do a $500 dyno tune, take a day off of work, and drive a 250 mile round trip. I am thinking of going Lund now and then AED later when things settle down if my AED tuned buddy is quicker than me. lol I lost everything in the Santa Rosa wildfire and trying to rebuild our house. Things are crazy right now, but I need this car set up so I can go to the track and beat the hell out of it to relieve some stress and keep me from going crazy. I sure miss my 530rwhp Foxbody that I tuned myself. Such a shame that it burned up. It was very rare to find one that was as clean as mine, and never saw another Reef Blue. I had it since 95 and it ran 10's and still was a blast to go around the road course. I can't wait to get the 14 Track Pack in the 11's and get it on the road course. Keeping it mild for now. Just need to do a little suspension work and trying to get close to 118 mph in the 1/4. That would be an 11.50 on drag tires and a fun amount of power on the road course.

Wingrider

Established Member
Sorry, old thread but wondering how the tune went. Did you go with Lund? I am about to pull the trigger on a mail order Lund tune. I wanted AED, but he won't do mail order for me and we can't find a date that works for both of us. Lund is much cheaper since for AED, I have to do a $500 dyno tune, take a day off of work, and drive a 250 mile round trip. I am thinking of going Lund now and then AED later when things settle down if my AED tuned buddy is quicker than me. lol I lost everything in the Santa Rosa wildfire and trying to rebuild our house. Things are crazy right now, but I need this car set up so I can go to the track and beat the hell out of it to relieve some stress and keep me from going crazy. I sure miss my 530rwhp Foxbody that I tuned myself. Such a shame that it burned up. It was very rare to find one that was as clean as mine, and never saw another Reef Blue. I had it since 95 and it ran 10's and still was a blast to go around the road course. I can't wait to get the 14 Track Pack in the 11's and get it on the road course. Keeping it mild for now. Just need to do a little suspension work and trying to get close to 118 mph in the 1/4. That would be an 11.50 on drag tires and a fun amount of power on the road course.
+1 For Lund if that still matters.

Are you going to bring your 14 to the SAAC Nats the first weekend of August? All Fords welcome. Drag Racing Friday night.

DeepImpact

Established Member
No, I don't even have any drag tires yet and racing on these OEM Pirellis sucks! It also isn't consistent with this stock tune since it decides to shut the throttle down to 30% eventhough my foot is on the floor when it senses too much torque off the line. Ridiculous. I just launched softly last week so it wouldn't kick in to that mode but that kept my 60fts in the 1.95's. I need to put my exhaust on and do some mods and the tune before I make the trip to Sac. I will order tires when I get back from vacation. The next race at Sonoma isn't until August so I am going to start working on it. Well, they race tomorrow and the 11th, but I am out of town on the 11th and I plan on drinking and relaxing tomorrow. Are you running a Lund tune? Do you race at Sonoma?

Wingrider

Established Member
No, I don't even have any drag tires yet and racing on these OEM Pirellis sucks! It also isn't consistent with this stock tune since it decides to shut the throttle down to 30% eventhough my foot is on the floor when it senses too much torque off the line. Ridiculous. I just launched softly last week so it wouldn't kick in to that mode but that kept my 60fts in the 1.95's. I need to put my exhaust on and do some mods and the tune before I make the trip to Sac. I will order tires when I get back from vacation. The next race at Sonoma isn't until August so I am going to start working on it. Well, they race tomorrow and the 11th, but I am out of town on the 11th and I plan on drinking and relaxing tomorrow. Are you running a Lund tune? Do you race at Sonoma?

I have had a Lund tune for some time by way of Van @ Revan. It has been running very well with it when I pullied the car a few years ago. I just did the Ford Racing 2.9 Whipple kit with their tune last week along with some other stuff. I am going to put a little time on the car before adding some 1050x's and I'll do a remote Lund tune session. I rarely drag race the car as it's 99% a road course car for Sonoma and Laguna. Once in awhile I'll hit Thunderhill.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
It also isn't consistent with this stock tune since it decides to shut the throttle down to 30% eventhough my foot is on the floor when it senses too much torque off the line. Ridiculous. I just launched softly last week so it wouldn't kick in to that mode but that kept my 60fts in the 1.95's.

Even with the Traction Control off?

DeepImpact

Established Member
Yes, hold the TC button down to turn it off all the way and this bog mode would get triggered. My buddy's Shelby GT500 even does it!! I got a 1.79 60ft my first time out somehow on the Pirellis, but the next time I started launching a little harder and every time I though I had the perfect launch, just as I went WOT as I got the clutch all the way out, it would go flat. The following time out I logged it so I could see what the hell it did, and my guess was right. I logged the pedal which showed 100% and the actual throttle angle at only 30 degrees. It may have even went below that. It takes a really good launch to trigger it. My buddy never noticed it until he put his ET Street bias ply's on. They are prepping the track better now so I hit it with the Pirelli's. I think it might need to have rpm go over 4k before the clutch is all the way out to trigger it, but that is a guess based on the log and the video from my best night that showed the tack staying at 3 as I let the clutch out. Since that first time out, I have not been able to get back under a 1.9 60ft. I need a tune and tires!! I was going to pull the trigger on a 18 intake performance package from Lethal because it looks like a lot can be saved, but I don't think I want the CAI. Does a CAI actually net any gains with the stock throttlebody?

Users who are viewing this thread