Will i make 500 RWHP

wtsn8ke

Established Member
Ok. My mods are in the sig. I will be having a Steggy IV put on in the next couple weeks (being polished now :)) and i am hoping to reach 500 HP. Will be adding an Accufab TB/Plenum and re-tune. Do you guys think i will reach 500 without any additional mods on this crappy 91 Octane Cali gas? If not, what more will i need? Thanks for the input!

Last edited by a moderator:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Depends on timing and AFR. :lol:

I think you CAN, will you is a different question. Who cares?? A safe 490 is better than an on the edge 500. IMO. :shrug:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
what pullies you running? i think thats attainable with a 2.93/4lb lower combo, but i didnt see your combo in your sig so idk

wtsn8ke

Established Member
It has a 2.65 upper only. Steg website advertises 50+ rwhp from the stage 4 and that's without the LT's, TB, BP. Have people found this not to be true. And yes, i will be getting a safe tune.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
It has a 2.65 upper only. Steg website advertises 50+ rwhp from the stage 4 and that's without the LT's, TB, BP. Have people found this not to be true. And yes, i will be getting a safe tune.
Don't matter and even if you do happen to hit peak HP of 500 it won't be reliable.. You'll have to ICE the shit out of it and use uncorrected numbers.

My point is - once you leave the dyno with the hood down, you won't have no where near 500 HP.. Just my opinion.

Can't even throw a bunch of timing at it because of crappy cali 91.

wtsn8ke

Established Member
Ok. Seems the consensus is pretty much negativo. So what can i do in addition to the steggy to get me there? Injectors? ???

99MystiC

Established Member
Ok i think you should make 500. I made 497 with a stage 5 steggy with match TB and PL CAI, High flow cated x pipe, catback. Running a 2.76 pulley. I had to upgrade my MAF to a mafia and i still have to upgrade my fuel pump started to lean out after 5700 rpm. This is on 91 also. Tuned by RET. Since you have a smaller pulley and LTs and the heat exchanger you should deff see 500. Where are you gona get her tuned at?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Ok, sell him a whipple then. Hope you have some cash handy op. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my 525hp daily driver. lol
Won't acknowledge your ignorant comment..

What i would say for the OPs benefit is:
I'd rather do it right the first time and spend less money in the long run.
or at the very least set a proper expectation so you don't get your feelings hurt because you didn't hit your number..

Lastly - worst case, would be getting an aggressive tune and risking your motor.

take it from me - i've been through terminator motors & i'm in cali.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
So two octane points kill the power that bad?

With 93 octane, you have the ability to advance the timing more than 91 octane and run more boost thus allow more horsepower.

So technically yes, two octane points kills it that bad IF you want it to be safe.

Sure, he could hit 500RWHP but how much timing will it take? 22,23,24*? I wouldn't call that safe with 91 octane.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread