will ford and svt listen????

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
can they really have a 300hp mustang gt in 09 and 10 when the camaro and challenger are both above 400hp in thier base v8s?

I don't know why this is hard to understand. Ask GM how well the 305hp Camaro did against the 260hp Mustang. The F-Bodies had a major power advantage for years and they sold like ass. It is what it is.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
DBK said:
I don't know why this is hard to understand. Ask GM how well the 305hp Camaro did against the 260hp Mustang. The F-Bodies had a major power advantage for years and they sold like ass. It is what it is.

was there that big of a difference between mustang gt/svt and camaro z28/ss? i had always believed the big deal for gm is that the v6 camaro/firebirds never sold, unlike the v6 mustang.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
DBK said:

+1 :thumbsup:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
was there that big of a difference between mustang gt/svt and camaro z28/ss? i had always believed the big deal for gm is that the v6 camaro/firebirds never sold, unlike the v6 mustang.

I don't think it was just v6 f-body models that didn't sell. :bored:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
ON D BIT said:

All of them. Insurance rates and a boy racer image killed the Camarobird.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
DBK said:

IMO they didn't sell because of the styling, they looked like shit! To be a a hot seller you have to have both looks and performance.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
mosconiac said:
Hear me out on this one. "We" say the world needs [fill in the blank here] and when they listen, we don't buy it. "We" dream a lot and think we can out arm-chair quarterback the Big Three. "We" can't understand why they don't listen to our whims.

Meanwhile, "We" are a few thousand people. A Global enterprise such as Ford must appeal to millions to make a $.

"We" all wanted the 2-seater T-Bird to return. Ford built it in mass and it was a sales failure.

"We" all wanted the Holden to come to America. GM brought it in mass and it was a sales failure.

"We" all wanted an entry-level Shelby. Shelby put together the SGT using every part from the FRPP parts bin and sales are luke warm. There are some sitting on the lots.

I could go on, but we all remember the other niche cars that failed.

Your attitude is BS.:bs: You list one failure with the T bird,but what about the successful sales of things we asked for ,the 03 cobra ,the ford gt,and the gt 500. Obliviously they are trying to please and sell to this small market segment or these cars would never have been built.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
dan04gt said:
IMO they didn't sell because of the styling, they looked like shit! To be a a hot seller you have to have both looks and performance.

+1 :thumbsup:

I think the gto is proof of that. :-D

cobracide

Established Member
dan04gt said:
Your attitude is BS.:bs: You list one failure with the T bird,but what about the successful sales of things we asked for ,the 03 cobra ,the ford gt,and the gt 500. Obliviously they are trying to please and sell to this small market segment or these cars would never have been built.

The tbird had a crap underpowered engine in it.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i want to know why they didnt drop the jag XJRs supercharged 4.0l in it. same engine(either bored or stroked from 3.9 to 4.2) + a supercharger on top. hell, they should have made a higher performance version of the lincoln LS(which had the same jag sourced engine as the Tbird) with the jags s'charged 4.2.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
cobracide said:
The tbird had a crap underpowered engine in it.
after owning 2 of the little birds (02 and presently an 05) i'd be willing to bet that you have never ridden in or driven one. the little engine does not perform like a cobra but it is an excellent engine and performs well. the car is excellent in ride, handling,gas mileage and general overall performance. everywhere you go in one people come up and look and complement the car. not trying to start anything with this, just an oberservation from some one with experience with this car, it is a classy boulevard crusier ! i also own an 04 screaming yellow cobra

Users who are viewing this thread