will ford and svt listen????

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
does ford know they have left out a huge market segment with thier current auto lineup? when will ford get a clue that there is a vast group of enthusiats who want a fun car to drive to the office and to drive on track during the weekends! one would only have to look at the svtperformance r section to see how much energy these guys have.

ford needs a lightweight high power all motor mustang! and they need it to be here before they lose their customer base to the camaro/challenger competitors. this means ford has 12 months or less before this market segment goes from nothing to a variety of choices!

WHAT WE WANT!!!!
400 horsepower naturally aspirated power plant
3400 pound mustang
svt brakes
svt tuned suspension
34k-37k price point

will ford capitalize on this market segment that currently offers not one car???????

Last edited:

ingram4868

Established Member
I believe it has to do with the CAFE allocations and how they use them . I think that is also a reason to cap production of any performance car including the GT or the Shelby cars. They would have to sell a lot more small cars or hybrids first.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03silversvt said:
on da bit,
when are you gonna suck it up and purchase a cobra.

haha ha. right now i am looking at the used cts-v's. n/a al block 400hp rear wheel drive car. its a little heavier than i want but at least 4 adults can fit in it!

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
haha ha. right now i am looking at the used cts-v's. n/a al block 400hp rear wheel drive car. its a little heavier than i want but at least 4 adults can fit in it!

hope your prepared, first mod is going to have to be an upgraded rearend, that thing is junk. oh and i have had 4 adults in my car.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
and what is this huge market segment your referring to? a car like this is small fries compared to damn near anything else they make. and i think ford is listening to the taurus/taurus X/fusion/f150-250-350 crowds before this tiny group of road racers.

bone

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
my friend has one, that's a badass car!

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
does ford know they have left out a huge market segment with thier current auto lineup? when will ford get a clue that there is a vast group of enthusiats who want a fun car to drive to the office and to drive on track during the weekends! one would only have to look at the svtperformance r section to see how much energy these guys have.

ford needs a lightweight high power all motor mustang! and they need it to be here before they lose their customer base to the camaro/challenger competitors. this means ford has 12 months or less before this market segment goes from nothing to a variety of choices!

WHAT WE WANT!!!!
400 horsepower naturally aspirated power plant
3400 pound mustang
svt brakes
svt tuned suspension
34k-37k price point

will ford capitalize on this market segment that currently offers not one car???????

I agree...The price point of the GT500 opens up thoughts for too many other options. If I am going to spend $45K+, I think that I would get a used GTS or Z06. GT500 is and will always be....just a mustang. For some reason, a $35k mustang makes sense.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Don't think there is a huge market for such a car but there IS a market. Sounds like the perfect description of a Boss Mustang to me!! I'd buy one tomorrow if Ford would just produce it!!

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
I would love to see Ford build a naturally aspirated 12 sec car.If the prices didn't get jacked,they would have me sold.Oh yea there is a huge market for affordable 12 sec rides with great handling.:coolman:

Last edited:

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I wanted a GT500, but I cant stomach the ADM, nor can my wallet. I can get a 05-06 Vette for 35k and Twin Turbo it for 7k. That may be what I have to do.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
and what is this huge market segment your referring to? a car like this is small fries compared to damn near anything else they make. and i think ford is listening to the taurus/taurus X/fusion/f150-250-350 crowds before this tiny group of road racers.

ummmm those that purchased the 03 04 svt mustangs, the ls2 firebird/camaros to name a few. take a look at how the autocross fanatics have taken off nation wide. let them get to a real track and see how much fun it is. as bruce says "the most fun you can have with your clothes on!" the ctsv and the srt8 have all sold well. take some some weight off, add a stick option to the srt's and they will sell better!

and the most convincing arguement. both mopar and gm are spending 100's of millions producing brand new cars for this market segment. why wouldnt ford want to be the first in the game????

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
ON D BIT said:

I had a CTS-V for a year, I loved it at first, but the rearend is very weak, and although I thought my 03 CobraVert had wheel hop - the V showed me what real wheel hop is. I give credit to GM on it though, I enjoyed driving it more than my M5, and that's saying something. I did exhaust, shifter, wheels, etc. to the V til I finally gave up on having to upgrade the rear to make it a solid performer. Resale is very weak on V's, so they're a great bang for the buck used.

Here's a couple pics of mine -
V_Angle.JPG

V_Side_2.JPG

V_Interior.JPG

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Daffy said:
I had a CTS-V for a year, I loved it at first, but the rearend is very weak, and although I thought my 03 CobraVert had wheel hop - the V showed me what real wheel hop is. I give credit to GM on it though, I enjoyed driving it more than my M5, and that's saying something.

thanks for the photos! is the wheel hop/weak rear a concern for normal street driving and on a road course?

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
I don't know why Ford doesn't just offer the 5.4l as an option on the GT. Even with 375 hp and priced at $32K, it would do well.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
ummmm those that purchased the 03 04 svt mustangs, the ls2 firebird/camaros to name a few. take a look at how the autocross fanatics have taken off nation wide. let them get to a real track and see how much fun it is. as bruce says "the most fun you can have with your clothes on!" the ctsv and the srt8 have all sold well. take some some weight off, add a stick option to the srt's and they will sell better!

and the most convincing arguement. both mopar and gm are spending 100's of millions producing brand new cars for this market segment. why wouldnt ford want to be the first in the game????
you can say what you want but us automotive enthusiasts are a tiny tiny market. how many terminators were produced, not even 15K right? now how many f-150s are produced? my point. if ford came out with that mustang you described, i would do everything i could to afford one of those, but they arent going to right now and THEY SHOULDNT right now. ford has more important things right now, like making a car that is better than the taurus, a crossover that is better than the taurus X(i think the fairlane(forgot the new name) will be the savior), keeping their lead on the pickup truck market, and climbing back to the top of the SUV heap. what makes more money, sedans/crossovers/pickup trucks/SUVs, or a 10K a year limited production mustang that only appeals to a small percentage of buyers(performance guys/people who want the latest/greatest)?

and, last i heard, a lot SRT8s are sitting on dealer lots, not quite flying off the lots.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
im going to have to say that ford needs to focus on improving the product line they have before they start making race versions of the mustang for 35-40K. they need to work on getting us the european focus, they need to work on making the fusion more competitive with the accord and camry, they need to work on getting those BOSS engines into the F-150.

as for the stang, i do agree that ford needs improvement in the mustang line if it wants to stay competetive with the camaro and challenger. but they need to invest on getting the 3.5L V6 and an IRS in the car across the lineup. and also i HOPE they wont keep increasing the size of the mustang. the 05+ are as big as i can handle. im all for the type of mustang you layed out but ford has bigger fish to fry before they set out on a road racing version of the stang.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
you can say what you want but us automotive enthusiasts are a tiny tiny market. how many terminators were produced, not even 15K right? now how many f-150s are produced?

for a specialized vehicle you will never sell 100k vehicles every year. that was not the point i was trying to make. there is however a market for a performance car with a price point of 30k-40k. i would speculate that this market is 50k plus in sales every year. yes some will buy the used vettes, used m class bmw. hell even the 03 e55 is getting into this market segment.

the time is right for ford to make a statement. they can easily sell 10k mustangs like this and bring back that angry consumer who is still boiling about the 20k adm on the gt500!

recap: 50-100k performance cars will sell at this price point in 08. does ford want to be a part of this, by offering something no one else has?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
but my point is that they arent quite in the best position to offer something no one else has. they need vehicles that will make a profit, aka sedans/pickup trucks/crossovers/SUVs, not vehilces that make minimal profit like the mustang we're all wishing for. just wait a couple years and i wouldnt be surprised if we see it. well, maybe not that light(ford doesnt like light cars, LOL), but close enough to that.

Users who are viewing this thread