Will 100mm Metco idler fit Billetflow auxiliary idler bracket?

ti-force

Established Member
Anyone tried this or know if it will work? My 100mm Billetflow pulley is starting to groove and I'm thinking about replacing it with a Metco ddouble bearing 100mm idler pulley. I searched and didn't come up with anything, but if anyone knows of a similar thread please link to it and I'll read it. This is the supercharger belt idler bracket setup.

Thanks.

TRBO VNM

The idlers will work. The thing that won't work is the dust shield if the metco idler comes with it because the bolt size is different. Metco and DivisionX idlers typically have dust shields and their own mounting bolts. If the idler does not come with a dust shield, then you can use the idler on the bracket and use the provided billetflow bolt and washer that comes with the bracket.

So it isn't a matter of the idler fitting on the bracket. That works just fine and most combinations do. It is the mounting hardware that can be the problem in regards to using the dust shield

Last edited:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I have a 100mm billetflow on a steeda idler if that helps. No problem so far

Last edited:

ti-force

Established Member
Ok I see what you're saying. Perhaps I should just go back with a new Billetflow idler pulley so I don't run into problems. I'm concerned with the wear on my current Billetflow idler pulley. Is that pretty common with these? It would be nice to just replace the bearing in my pulley instead of buying a new one.

Thanks again for the help, guys.

oldmodman

Established Member
If you want the new pulley's belt surface to last a long time they need to be hard anodized. You can get the Metco pulleys that way. I don't know if Doug at Billetflow offers hard anodizing. Give him a call and find out.

TRBO VNM

If you want the new pulley's belt surface to last a long time they need to be hard anodized. You can get the Metco pulleys that way. I don't know if Doug at Billetflow offers hard anodizing. Give him a call and find out.

He does or did at least. The black, blue and red could be bought as hard coat anodized. I just bought a set in red for someone. I think they stopped getting the blue and red, but they still had some in stock. The clear/silver is not hard coat.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Isn't/wasn't the blue and red hard coat color different from the regular anodized idlers/pullies? Here is a photo I found in a Billetflow thread from back in 2006 of their hard coated idlers. The regular red is closer to Redfire. The hard coat red looks more reddish orange. Does the photo represent the color of red hard-coated pulley you got for your customer?

Billetflow-Hard-Anodized-Idlers.jpg

TRBO VNM

Not sure, I never pulled them out of the box, but previous hard coat red idlers have been darker than you are showing. No orangish. The color difference from the non hard coat is why they stopped doing them, but like I said, they should still have some on the shelf. I personally would rather have the hard coat so the finish doesn't wear off.

ti-force

Established Member
I have a 100mm billetflow on a steeda idler if that helps. No problem so far

I'm a moron lol... I actually have a Steeda idler and I'm assuming it's also a Steeda bracket, so your reply helps tremendously. Did it bolt on directly? Any issues getting it to work?

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I'm a moron lol... I actually have a Steeda idler and I'm assuming it's also a Steeda bracket, so your reply helps tremendously. Did it bolt on directly? Any issues getting it to work?

bolted right up. I noticed though that the steeda idler is a little big wider then the billetflow one. Just when you put it on start the car for a few seconds and then check to see if the belt is still in the middle of the pulleys.

ti-force

Established Member
bolted right up. I noticed though that the steeda idler is a little big wider then the billetflow one. Just when you put it on start the car for a few seconds and then check to see if the belt is still in the middle of the pulleys.

Thanks for the info. Also, I'm assuming that, as TRBO VNM said previously in this thread, the Metco dust cover/bolt won't work with the Steeda bracket?

ti-force

Established Member
Ok thanks for all the help everyone. I really do appreciate it. I'll update this thread later on when I get my car back together.

TRBO VNM

You'll have to use a different threaded bolt. But you can use the same dust shield.

It will depend on bolt sizes. Example...billetflow bracket uses a different size bolt than the metco and divisionx idlers. So you can't just change the bolt and still use the dust shields. Modifications will have to be done.

With the Steeda bracket I am not sure. I don't know what bolt size they use for the idler.

Users who are viewing this thread