Why ZL1's should fear the night!

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Camaros - they're great cars and the ZL1 is badass. I just don't understand why some of their owners have such an inferiority complex.

...maybe because their cars are inferior. :lol1:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
...maybe because their cars are inferior. :lol1:

Indeed.

If your competitor was matching you move for move and beating you every time, maybe you'd be a butthurt, no?

GM brings out the new Camaro, and less than a year later Ford crashes their party not only with the 5.0, but with the new V6 as well - both better than their GM rivals. Then Ford brings out the Boss which GM has no answer to. Finally, after GM finally brings a competitor to the GT500, Ford rewrites the rules and betters them again to the tune of +100 hp.

In retrospect, I guess I'd be a little chippy too. :beer:

gnxs

Established Member
Indeed.

If your competitor was matching you move for move and beating you every time, maybe you'd be a butthurt, no?

GM brings out the new Camaro, and less than a year later Ford crashes their party not only with the 5.0, but with the new V6 as well - both better than their GM rivals. Then Ford brings out the Boss which GM has no answer to. Finally, after GM finally brings a competitor to the GT500, Ford rewrites the rules and betters them again to the tune of +100 hp.

In retrospect, I guess I'd be a little chippy too. :beer:
:D

I also don't hear the GM nutswingers posting up the "Ford needs a SC to make power" argument anymore. :lol1: I guess SC'ers are an acceptable way for the factory to make power now. ;-)

OldJedi

Established Member
I'm still trying to figure why someone would buy a Camaro for more money than a C6....something doesn't compute.

A C6 is twice the car of a Camaro.

~Joe
Yes, I could have bought a new Grand Sport Corvette for what I paid for the ZL1. However in my case I already have a 1967 Vette Coupe and I have never owned a Camaro. Now I do realize that this is a Mustang forum but I just like the Camaro more than a Mustang. Just a personal preference. I have owned a C5 Corvette and preferred a Camaro this time around. It sits higher than a Vette and it has a trunk. The fact that it also has another 140HP and Magnetic Ride suspension just adds to the fun. Sometimes one person's choice does not make the same sense to someone else.

gnxs

Established Member
Yes, I could have bought a new Grand Sport Corvette for what I paid for the ZL1. However in my case I already have a 1967 Vette Coupe and I have never owned a Camaro. Now I do realize that this is a Mustang forum but I just like the Camaro more than a Mustang. Just a personal preference. I have owned a C5 Corvette and preferred a Camaro this time around. It sits higher than a Vette and it has a trunk. The fact that it also has another 140HP and Magnetic Ride suspension just adds to the fun. Sometimes one person's choice does not make the same sense to someone else.
:beer:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I wasn't gonna post up because I had so much to say but **** it why not lol I like the camaro I really do it’s a great looking car and I’m glad its back. But I LOVE THE MUSTANG AND IM APE SHIT IN LOVE WITH MY COBRA. As far as camaro5 goes yes they are a closed minded group but it is a camaro site and if they want to stay closed minded it’s their choice they are only hurting themselves. At the same time there are same closed minded mustang owners here the difference here is that the mods are cool enough to let us speak freely. I think there’s a respect that needs to be had for both. I think people on the camaro side need to get over themselves and accept the mustangs success has nothing to do with them because we been here and haven’t went anywhere. We all need to remember looks is opinion and so is some parts for performance because we all look for different things but as far as who is faster that’s going be fact and will see when that 2013 comes out but my money is on the stang whoever wins its a still a win for American cars:beer:

19935.slow

Established Member
Jumped to the 2nd to last paragraph and still managed to get the whole story. Save your fingers some wasted energy next time.

OldJedi

Established Member
I wasn't gonna post up because I had so much to say but **** it why not lol I like the camaro I really do it’s a great looking car and I’m glad its back. But I LOVE THE MUSTANG AND IM APE SHIT IN LOVE WITH MY COBRA. As far as camaro5 goes yes they are a closed minded group but it is a camaro site and if they want to stay closed minded it’s their choice they are only hurting themselves. At the same time there are same closed minded mustang owners here the difference here is that the mods are cool enough to let us speak freely. I think there’s a respect that needs to be had for both. I think people on the camaro side need to get over themselves and accept the mustangs success has nothing to do with them because we been here and haven’t went anywhere. We all need to remember looks is opinion and so is some parts for performance because we all look for different things but as far as who is faster that’s going be fact and will see when that 2013 comes out but my money is on the stang whoever wins its a still a win for American cars:beer:
Very well said! I give Ford nothing but praise for being able to accomplish what they have been able to do without taking any bailout money. The engineering feat of making a 650HP Mustang that does not have a tax guzzler tax is a testimony as to just how good Ford's engineers and development guys really are. All of us are blessed that both GM and Ford are letting their hot rodding engineers build phenomenal cars like the Boss 302, GT 500, ZL1 and ZR1. It was not that many years ago that our pony cars were only making 150HP with no bright light at the end of the tunnel. Now we can walk into our favorite dealer and buy far more horsepower than we really need to get to the supermarket and back. We are living in a very fortunate time. I believe our car's futures will not continue in the 600HP club. CAFE and other fuel regulations will force the big three to down size engines and to some extent horsepower as well. Electronic sophistication will take off by leaps and bounds. Ford already has cars that parallel park themselves. Future cars will be powered by electric-plasma quantum-magnetic drive that will not make a slightest peep as they glide over the road. They will use recorded sounds from our header equipped cars inside the future cars because they will be so silent. Enjoy the cars that we drive now, no matter who makes it. These days will not soon return.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Very well said! I give Ford nothing but praise for being able to accomplish what they have been able to do without taking any bailout money. The engineering feat of making a 650HP Mustang that does not have a tax guzzler tax is a testimony as to just how good Ford's engineers and development guys really are. All of us are blessed that both GM and Ford are letting their hot rodding engineers build phenomenal cars like the Boss 302, GT 500, ZL1 and ZR1. It was not that many years ago that our pony cars were only making 150HP with no bright light at the end of the tunnel. Now we can walk into our favorite dealer and buy far more horsepower than we really need to get to the supermarket and back. We are living in a very fortunate time. I believe our car's futures will not continue in the 600HP club. CAFE and other fuel regulations will force the big three to down size engines and to some extent horsepower as well. Electronic sophistication will take off by leaps and bounds. Ford already has cars that parallel park themselves. Future cars will be powered by electric-plasma quantum-magnetic drive that will not make a slightest peep as they glide over the road. They will use recorded sounds from our header equipped cars inside the future cars because they will be so silent. Enjoy the cars that we drive now, no matter who makes it. These days will not soon return.

I agree what would be nice would be to have a chevy vs ford day at the track and instead of talking behind the screen let the cars do the talking. No excuses just runs. It can be on video I'd race someone from camaro5 and could shake their hand afterward (after a whole lot of shit talkin) lol

Stangdriver13

Established Member
Umm did anyone realize in the Why Mustangs should Fear the ZL1 thread that he states it was a 2010 GT? Ok so your supercharged 6.2L Almighty, Touched by the Grace of GOD ZL1 Camaro struggled against a supercharged 3V 4.6L engine and your bragging about it? :bash:

Last edited:

OldJedi

Established Member
Umm did anyone realize in the Why Mustangs should Fear the ZL1 thread that he states it was a 2010 GT? Ok so your supercharged 6.2L Almighty, Touched by the Grace of GOD ZL1 Camaro struggled against a supercharged 3V 4.6L engine and your bragging about it? :bash:
I hope you read everything that I wrote including the history of why the two stories were written. My friend did buy a black 2010 GT which he chose after driving a 2011 GT with the new 5.0 engine and 2011 Camaro SS. He thought the 2010 just sounded better than the other two cars. He has kept his car totally stock and throughly enjoys driving it every day. We are just two good friends who chose two different cars and the stories are just that, stories. Neither one of us will really mod our cars because we enjoy them as they came from the factory. The 2013 GT 500 will be a very formidable foe for any vehicle that wants to challenge it's massive horsepower. I do look forward to to seeing how well the ZL1 competes against it's formidable foe, supercharger vs supercharger.

Last edited:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
My supervisor has 11' SS, we shoot the shit all the time. But I'm not gonna lie, he seems very irritable when you bring up the 13' GT500. He was about to throwdown $ on the ZL1. He now believes just TTing his current SS would be better. But we always be talking smack and shaking each others hands as soon as the day is over when we leave. We always play On the street a little after too. Just to keep things straight, he's never shown me up in my cobra ;)

Last edited:

OldJedi

Established Member
I want to express my deepest condolences to everyone on this forum on the passing of Carroll Shelby. He gave life and inspiration to the name Cobra. He was a true legend in his own time.

Users who are viewing this thread