Why ZL1's should fear the night!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thanks for the welcome and the nice words! Hopefully the Mustang vs Camaro rivalry will continue long after I have gone to hyperspace. I go to the Tower Shops about once a month, do you ever go by there on Friday nights?

Been there a few times, not lately due to schedule but I plan to make it out when I take delivery of my new ride.....:burnout:

Stinger2011

Established Member
Well this thread went different than I thought it would.

Also, JUST got the Yoda reference. Damn I need to get back in bed.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
Just went on the Camaro5 forum and read the first 2 and now this one. You guys rock great stories all of them and awesome writing!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would like to find out what she can do in stock form. I do have to give Ford credit for building a 650+HP vehicle and avoiding the gas guzzler tax. I am sure that numerous magazines and others will test our two cars on many strips and tracks. It is this rivalry that is fought on the street and the boardrooms in Detroit. The end result are cars that could not even be imagined 10 years ago. Both makes are loved by their owners and most owners have a mutual respect for each others cars. I look forward to seeing both cars being tested.
OldJedi good to see around here, welcome to our dungeon :beer:
Impressive story and what a good read it was (both to be exact) How big of a difference was the Camaro SS to the ZL1? This is how rivarly should be, compliments from both crowds but showing what their car can do on the strip/track. Not marking up their cars and showing their ignorance thinking like a 10 year old. Post pics off that beauty beast you have their, hopefully I get to see one in front of me soon :rockon:

Darkwave1

Established Member
LMAO !!!!!! Nice work bro :coolman: ....... Hahahahahaha !!! Stir that pot sir ....... stir it !!!!! Got to love this forum ... and our faithful members !!! Let the games begin .... :pop:

Last edited:

cdvision

Established Member
Well this thread went different than I thought it would.

Also, JUST got the Yoda reference. Damn I need to get back in bed.

True car guys are capable of mutual respect and admiration of one another's rides with a little good natured ribbing tossed in from time to time for good effect. A friend of mine popped by to visit me at work today. I love his Z06!!:beer:

IMAG0723.jpg

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Nice to see two fans on each side making light of the rivialry between the two brands. If it wasn't for one or the other these cars would not exsit, that is why I respect GM and it's car owners, they push Ford to be a step ahead (well not the ZR1) and making 650+ Mustangs possiable.

OldJedi

Established Member
I believe true car guys just love cars with slight preferences towards a particular brand for individual reasons. It just happens that the ZL1 happens to fulfill everything that I was looking for in a car. It is not a daily driver thankfully because gas milage sucks but the sounds it makes, makes it all worthwhile. Personally I like the Boss 302 more than the GT500. I just think that it is a better all around car for myself. They say that the Recaro seats in the Boss and the GT are the same but I like the feel of the seats in the Boss more. I used to own a 1988 GT Convertible and still own a 2003 F150 Harley Davidson Edition with the S/C 5.4.

I have a lot of respect for Ford for getting through the difficult years without taking any bailout money. The MY13 GT500 is going to be a hell of car. It will be interesting to see how close the GT500 and the ZL1 will be on both the strip and the track. But no matter whether you own a Mustang or a Camaro, both are great cars. We just happen to lean more towards one brand than the other.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I read some of the comments on Camaro5,and man most of the Ford guys are either banned or deleted their account. I guess if you say one bad thing about a GM product you're history:nonono:. Nobody can have an opinion anymore:shrug:?

Thats exactly why I wont join because 1. I have nothing to contribute and 2. seems like most of those guys are sensitive and will band anyone who doesnt comply with the chevy "GODS GIFT TO MAN" CODE:dw:

Good write up OP. Enjoyed every bit of it.:beer: You should make that into a short movie:burnout:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Nice to the OldJedi posting around here. Always welcomed in my book sir.
Cheers

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... If it wasn't for one or the other these cars would not exsit...

That's not really true. The Mustang came first and has been here since. The Camaro was on a 9 year hiatus and the Mustang was still selling. Camaros?! We don't need no stinking Camaros!

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
if you ever need to boost your morale go visit the camaro forums

Camaro5 is the first forum I've been to that has different sets of rules depending what car you own. If you own a Camaro over there, you can make whatever baseless, ignorant comments you care to. If you own something else, and more specifically a Mustang, they're just waiting for an excuse to ban you.

It's definitely amateur night over there. Good people like OldJedi are the exceptions, not the norm.

I read some of the comments on Camaro5,and man most of the Ford guys are either banned or deleted their account. I guess if you say one bad thing about a GM product you're history

You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what it is. I was specifically told by a moderator that "We will not tolerate individuals talking positively about other cars(Mustangs) here, this is a Camaro forum". I've been on a lot of different car forums over the years, and I don't think I've run across a more parochial, and close minded bunch of individuals than the clowns over there.

Those guys make the KKK look like an affirmative action group in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Camaros - they're great cars and the ZL1 is badass. I just don't understand why some of their owners have such an inferiority complex.

If it wasn't for one or the other these cars would not exsit, that is why I respect GM and it's car owners, they push Ford to be a step ahead (well not the ZR1) and making 650+ Mustangs possiable.

I wouldn't go that far. GM loves to claim that they're the reason for Ford's success, but that's a bit of a disingenuous statement at best. Ford started development on the 5.8 GT500 as a response to themselves, not to GM and the ZL1. The Boss was simply too close in performance to the previous GT500, thus Ford had to up the ante a bit to separate the two cars and prevent sales cannibalization.

Last edited:

gnxs

Established Member
I read some of the comments on Camaro5,and man most of the Ford guys are either banned or deleted their account. I guess if you say one bad thing about a GM product you're history:nonono:. Nobody can have an opinion anymore:shrug:?

Thats exactly why I wont join because 1. I have nothing to contribute and 2. seems like most of those guys are sensitive and will band anyone who doesnt comply with the chevy "GODS GIFT TO MAN" CODE:dw:

Good write up OP. Enjoyed every bit of it.:beer: You should make that into a short movie:burnout:
Yea, reminds me of the BWM M5 forums. I'd likely get banned on Camaro5 even though I also own a CTS-V. Anything negative, no matter how truthful, will put you in the Mods cross-hairs.

When I finally get to a chance to put a beatdown on one if I see a complete look of shock on the owners' face when they get walked by either my Cobra or V, I'll know they likely were living in the Camaro5 fantasy world.

IMO, a site like that would benefit by opening at least one subsection in their forums where the gloves could come off and some friendly rivalry based discussions (within reason) could take place.

A2V2NV

Established Member
I'm still trying to figure why someone would buy a Camaro for more money than a C6....something doesn't compute.

A C6 is twice the car of a Camaro.

~Joe

Users who are viewing this thread