Why the heck are so many using ride-killing 20" wheels??

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
......You're citing the classics as smooth ride and power right? Those things handled like shit, ....

Well, 14" & 15" wheels will ride a LOT smoother over bumps than 20" wheels. And power in those SS's was damn good, lots of torque. But yeah, we can all agree they "handled like shit", haha....... :cool:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Well, 14" & 15" wheels will ride a LOT smoother over bumps than 20" wheels. And power in those SS's was damn good, lots of torque. But yeah, we can all agree they handled like "shit", haha....... :cool:

not if those 14" and 15" wheels had 40-30 sidewall tires...

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Well, 14" & 15" wheels will ride a LOT smoother over bumps than 20" wheels. And power in those SS's was damn good, lots of torque. But yeah, we can all agree they "handled like shit", haha....... :cool:

Those wheels had tires with huge soft sidewalls. Todays wheels typically have low profile tires with stiff sidewalls. Not a good comparison.

colin450

Established Member
Damn I was just gonna get some dubz or dub-dueces so I could look tight at the mall but now it's out of the question.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I think my Cobra was about 3 months old when I got my 20s I remember one member on here said they made it look like a "clown car" lol

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, that would be the one. Smooooth on the bumps, door handle to door handle in the curves. Haha...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok! That's it! I'm starting a thread about you in smackdown. Lol

Good thing you dont have that thin skin problem...

Cheers to that... lol

giphy.gif

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
lol @ anyone that buys a Mustang for ride quality. GTFO of here with that crap.
I surely didn't buy mine for a cushioned ride... I installed Eibach sportlines and put on a set of tokico strut/shocks and J&m cc plates.... handles like a Boss and that's what I was looking for, riding on 18x9.5 2000 Cobra R reps.... the ride is not smooth but it's not horrible either, I care more about handling mountain roads at higher speeds

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I got 20's. they look better. My front tire is 27.7 and my rear tire is 28.3" tall. so it's not like we're running rubber bands. And I wanna be a baller

"Twenty-inch blades on the Coyote/ Call her, gettin' laid tonight / Swisha rolled tight, got sprayed by Ike"

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Some cars do look better with bigger rims. Cars like the USS Charger and USS challenger, big ass boats look good with bigger wheels.

Lesson learned for me though, I had 20" for rear wheels, made the already bouncy '13 GT ride even more stiff. Coil overs + solid axle + low profile tires (30 sidewall) and large diameter tires was what got me sick of my car after only 1.5 years of ownership with the 20" wheels.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Many new edge owners go with 18's. A 35 series I think looks best with them to give a little more sidewall. That's the biggest I'd go on a new edge.
IMAG0457_zpspvs4hiez.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks, just need a little window tint. But 99% of the time the windows are down.

Mine is tinted wanna say 35% I love it. But like you 99% of the time the windows are down on mine. I actually tested the AC today and knock on wood it still works great. Hardly ever use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is tinted wanna say 35% I love it. But like you 99% of the time the windows are down on mine. I actually tested the AC today and knock on wood it still works great. Hardly ever use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup I rarely use mine too. Did the other day, it was hot. But I had to drive it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I surely didn't buy mine for a cushioned ride... I installed Eibach sportlines and put on a set of tokico strut/shocks and J&m cc plates.... handles like a Boss and that's what I was looking for, riding on 18x9.5 2000 Cobra R reps.... the ride is not smooth but it's not horrible either, I care more about handling mountain roads at higher speeds

Get serious... your ride sucks balls better than a Lotto machine on Tuesday night.

Awful and.. AWFUL.

Users who are viewing this thread