why the Cobras momentarily shut off between shifts at WOT

jwlast

Established Member
Ok, so I go to the track tonight, finally get some WOT runs, in between shifts the cars seems to shutoff for an instant (not hitting the rev limiter). My tuner told me the a PPRV delete will keep this from happpening.

What does all this mean.....

TIA

JT

jwlast

Established Member
No, no, not looking for the definition.

Trying to find out why the Cobras momentarily shut off between shifts at WOT. Very noticeable................

Sorry, guess I didn't phrase it too well.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
or your not shifting fast enough... I still have my stock pump set up, and have noticed that when I don't shift fast I get that split second hesitation.. but when I shift like I mean it, I never get it..

Mattio

Established Member
your car is running out of fuel between shifts for a split second. You go wide open with pumps at full duty cycle, drop the throttle to shift, pumps drop duty however PPRV holds the fuel pressure way past set point. This excess fuel pressure fools the ecu that fuel is there when you go WOT again, hence the stumble. Buy a quality PPRV delete kit or dont let off that throttle between shifts!

jwlast

Established Member
your car is running out of fuel between shifts for a split second. You go wide open with pumps at full duty cycle, drop the throttle to shift, pumps drop duty however PPRV holds the fuel pressure way past set point. This excess fuel pressure fools the ecu that fuel is there when you go WOT again, hence the stumble. Buy a quality PPRV delete kit or dont let off that throttle between shifts!

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for....won't take my pink pill before posting next time. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread