Why is everyone selling..

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Didn't meet the reserve, was bid to 40K, I think that is telling about prices, a 3700 mile 10 anniversary car that looks very pristine only garnered 40K. guys with higher milage/modded cars are going to either have to keep them or adjust their pricing
This is the Biden effect.

Last edited:

dwest731

Established Member
Keeping mine for the long haul, it was a dream car of mine for ever and now that I have one I always will.

I was reading an article the other day and the last line said, it wouldn’t be many years and these cars will bring 6 figures.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I am seeing a lot of cars on BaT that don't make reserve, I also see that Ford GT's are selling under the 7 figure mark now, not the 1.1M or 1.2M that they were getting not long ago. I think the market is softening across the board right now. I think the days of getting over low 30's for a mid milage Terminator are over for now.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Hoping so, trying to get me a god damn sonic blue haha. I get eye rolls when I mentioned a sonic blue these days. I get asked. Seriously? Another cobra? Why? The answer is always the same. Because I want one lol.
Me too, I really am pissed that I wasn’t able to get one before inflation went bananas. I remember when I was looking to buy my first and only cobra I had, the car sat at the dealer for months. It had 48k miles and they started out in the low 20’s and I bought it for 18.5. Now I see similar mileage ones people are asking high twenties, low 30’s. It’s frustrating because guys like me are being priced out of the hobby.

LS WUT

Established Member
Me too, I really am pissed that I wasn’t able to get one before inflation went bananas. I remember when I was looking to buy my first and only cobra I had, the car sat at the dealer for months. It had 48k miles and they started out in the low 20’s and I bought it for 18.5. Now I see similar mileage ones people are asking high twenties, low 30’s. It’s frustrating because guys like me are being priced out of the hobby.
It’s indeed bananas. I’m with you there. I know the color I want was only one year. However I’ve seen cars with 40k more miles than me selling for what I wanted and I was told I was too high on my price. So now I’ve gotten to the point where if I don’t get an even trade, I’ll just keep my low mileage one and stare at it, and wrap my black one sonic. Deep down I’ll know it’s not a true sonic however I might just have to deal. I don’t want to settle and pay close to $40k for a car with 6 owners, and 60k miles for a color.

Last edited:

Bullitt1448

Established Member
It’s indeed bananas. I’m with you there. I know the color I want was only one year. However I’ve seen cars with 40k more miles than me selling for what I wanted and I was told I was too high on my price. So now I’ve gotten to the point where if I don’t get an even trade, I’ll just keep my low mileage one and stare at it, and wrap my black one sonic. Deep down I’ll know it’s not a true sonic however I might just have to deal. I don’t want to settle and pay close to $40k for a car with 6 owners, and 60k miles for a color.
I could afford for pay the 40ish k but I just don’t see the value in it. To me, it’s like ADM, it’s just the seller getting greedy. Before the sellers chime in and try to bust my ass for that remark, that is just my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it. If you can’t get more than 40k on BaT for a very low mile 10th Anniversary car on the site that has lots of folks with very deep pockets that means to me that unless the car is very special, a mid range mileage car is going to be worth considerably less. The one caveat is like PT Barnum once said…..

LS WUT

Established Member
I could afford for pay the 40ish k but I just don’t see the value in it. To me, it’s like ADM, it’s just the seller getting greedy. Before the sellers chime in and try to bust my ass for that remark, that is just my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it. If you can’t get more than 40k on BaT for a very low mile 10th Anniversary car on the site that has lots of folks with very deep pockets that means to me that unless the car is very special, a mid range mileage car is going to be worth considerably less. The one caveat is like PT Barnum once said…..
No doubt man. I’m in the same boat. Another venture for me is a MK4 Supra. No way am I gonna pay $75k for a clapped out shell, and anywhere near 6 six figures for a “decent” one. I love the car. However that’s just unfathomable for me. Maybe because I’m poor, I dunno haha.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
No doubt man. I’m in the same boat. Another venture for me is a MK4 Supra. No way am I gonna pay $75k for a clapped out shell, and anywhere near 6 six figures for a “decent” one. I love the car. However that’s just unfathomable for me. Maybe because I’m poor, I dunno haha.
You could always look for a 5spd SC300 and slap a turbo on it. May not be the Supra but it’s pretty damn close.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
if you're spending 40ish on a mid milage terminator i don't think you would be able to get your ROI back anytime soon. Down the road, sure. But if your circumstances changed in the near term, I highly doubt you could. That is always a consideration when buying a "toy" car. at least it is for me. a DD is a different case, especia;ly it you are buying a new DD.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
my 10th with 13,700 miles hasn't garnered much interest according to my buddy who is helping with the sale. I'm thinking of telling him to lower the price from 39,900 to 36.5 and see if that helps. I kinda want the car gone real soon, some real life events have occured and I need the money unfortunately.

LS WUT

Established Member
my 10th with 13,700 miles hasn't garnered much interest according to my buddy who is helping with the sale. I'm thinking of telling him to lower the price from 39,900 to 36.5 and see if that helps. I kinda want the car gone real soon, some real life events have occured and I need the money unfortunately.
I’m sorry brother. I hope nothing critical to anyone’s health or anything, if you need anything just reach out man.

LS WUT

Established Member
You could always look for a 5spd SC300 and slap a turbo on it. May not be the Supra but it’s pretty damn close.
Considered that as well honestly, I do love the way those bad boys looks. However I try not to settle on things. Life doesn’t always give us lemons though.

LS WUT

Established Member
if you're spending 40ish on a mid milage terminator i don't think you would be able to get your ROI back anytime soon. Down the road, sure. But if your circumstances changed in the near term, I highly doubt you could. That is always a consideration when buying a "toy" car. at least it is for me. a DD is a different case, especia;ly it you are buying a new DD.
I can’t say I’ve ever bought a car that I wanted to get money back on. Granted I’ve only ever owned sports cars. Aside from my F250 obviously. I buy cars to enjoy, and make my own. I’ve only ever really traded. I think the only car I sold was my procharged GT back in the day. All the others were trading up. I’ve spent more money on rims than I’d assume some people have on their cars. It’s an odd obsession for me.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I can’t say I’ve ever bought a car that I wanted to get money back on. Granted I’ve only ever owned sports cars. Aside from my F250 obviously. I buy cars to enjoy, and make my own. I’ve only ever really traded. I think the only car I sold was my procharged GT back in the day. All the others were trading up. I’ve spent more money on rims than I’d assume some people have on their cars. It’s an odd obsession for me.
I used to buy and sell cars fairly often but have gotten away from it in recent years because the people out there now are a lot more aggressive, wanting to lowball you all the time. I am not adverse to negotiating a fair price but when someone offers 10k less that your listed price, they just wasted your time.

LS WUT

Established Member
Appreciate that very much, Thank you!

Health is good, just bills piling up, and can't afford them anymore. I've was teetering on selling last year, I guess I should have.
You’re very welcome. I understand that completely. Tough to think about the things we could have done. Just gotta keep moving forward man. Keep your head up.

Users who are viewing this thread