Why do Americans think America is the greatest country in the world?

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Slavery you say? Muslims enslaved over a million white European Christians for a while, if I remember correctly. If we want to complain about what happened to our ancestors, I'm sure all of us can find some wrong doing that effected our ancestors in some way.

Btw, it's quite sad today that FEMA is handing out food stamps down here & there's nothing but ******S every where holding up traffic walking in the streets not caring, going to get their handouts when most of them don't need it & weren't effected by Isaac one bit. It's sad really, & this is why I'm racist.

Nickysixx

Established Member
just reading a couple pages of this made me annoyed...:dw: Seeing stereotypical responses, and the original post was quite frustrating. You basically just stereo-typed a country and than some people came back with a stereotypical response. Instead of someone giving a idiotic answer, It depends on your scale of what you think is great. America isn't perfect and neither is any other country. Every country has a flaw just some more than others. People accepting the flaws of America and still standing behind the country and proudly representing it and allow us to have the freedom that not any other country has is why I think it's the best. Also saying, I wouldn't mind living in Canada away from everyone in like Whistler or something wouldn't be so bad :beer:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
just reading a couple pages of this made me annoyed...:dw: Seeing stereotypical responses, and the original post was quite frustrating. You basically just stereo-typed a country and than some people came back with a stereotypical response. Instead of someone giving a idiotic answer, It depends on your scale of what you think is great. America isn't perfect and neither is any other country. Every country has a flaw just some more than others. People accepting the flaws of America and still standing behind the country and proudly representing it and allow us to have the freedom that not any other country has is why I think it's the best. Also saying, I wouldn't mind living in Canada away from everyone in like Whistler or something wouldn't be so bad :beer:

Actually I didn't stereotype a country, I very specifically asked for an insight to the side of America that isn't a complete stereotype. I even stated that it was a gross generalization to assume all of America is the way it's stereotyped. I wanted to see why people, hopefully, with a higher intellect than a house rat would be able to answer why their are so many people who believe America is the greatest nation.

I wanted to hear from the people that make America a great nation. Not the people that make it look bad. Obviously I set my hopes a little high asking for some logical insight.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you read the news you'd know that isn't even remotely true.

OP, Americans are ignorant and self centered, that is why.

You think no one risks deportation or their lives to break into this country? What am I missing?

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
You think no one risks deportation or their lives to break into this country? What am I missing?

You're missing the fact that Mexico borders the US, Mexico doesn't border Canada it doesn't border any country has opportunities like the US does. Logically they would choose to go to the US. They'd go to Canada if it were where the US is. It's more than anything about convenience. If a McDonalds is on one side of the city and there is a McDonalds in the other side that has pretty much the same menu isn't it logical to go to the closer one?

I'm saying this realistically, people immigrate to Canada all the time Vancouver is so packed with Asians its nickname Hong Couver....

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
a) other countries have the same problem
b) Mexico borders the U.S. Problematic countries in close proximity to better countries have the same problem (i.e. the Middle East and Europe)

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
To the OP...Do you have Canadian pride?

Well same here...we have American pride!

God Bless the USA!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You're missing the fact that Mexico borders the US, Mexico doesn't border Canada it doesn't border any country has opportunities like the US does. Logically they would choose to go to the US. They'd go to Canada if it were where the US is. It's more than anything about convenience. If a McDonalds is on one side of the city and there is a McDonalds in the other side that has pretty much the same menu isn't it logical to go to the closer one?

I'm saying this realistically, people immigrate to Canada all the time Vancouver is so packed with Asians its nickname Hong Couver....

I guess you think Mexicans are the only ones trying to get into the US?

Machdup1

Established Member
Why am I asking you? Because you're an American, I wanted to know why YOU think America is the greatest nation not why a Canadian thinks America is the greatest nation.

The dream that is America is best explained by those who have recently immigrated here.

At its essence, the American dream is the core belief that opportunity and hope spring eternal because the founding principals of the United States have created created an environment where opportunity and hope can survive. In short, to us, any thing is possible.

In other places of the world the cultural and political forces have prevented the human spirit from having those hopes and opportunities to the same degree.

With that said, your average American no longer believe that the environment exists where opportunity and hope can flourish. Those conditions for success where destroyed by our political masters over the last thirty odd years.

So, it used to be great to be an American, which is more than I can about being Canadian. :beer:

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
36f46u.jpg

That's why. Now go play some curling and enjoy being America's hat.

GrabberBlue5.0

Established Member
36f46u.jpg

That's why. Now go play some curling and enjoy being America's hat.

Hahahaha!!! That's awesome!

Obviously the OP knows nothing about America or its history, probably never served in any military, and obviously knows nothing about freedom and glory.

And we make mustangs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Hahahaha!!! That's awesome!

Obviously the OP knows nothing about America or its history, probably never served in any military, and obviously knows nothing about freedom and glory.

And we make mustangs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't even bother to read anything other than my first post. I even pointed out that history plays a huge role.

If you read the news you'd know that isn't even remotely true.

OP, Americans are ignorant and self centered, that is why.

You know what's funny buddy, everything that is going on isn't reported on the news. Gee what a revelation right? Many people south of the border, put their lives on the line to get into America. Many of those women south of the border, risk getting raped and suffering other forms of harm just to get into America. And that's not even including people coming from all over South America or the continent of Africa.

Nickysixx

Established Member
Actually I didn't stereotype a country, I very specifically asked for an insight to the side of America that isn't a complete stereotype. I even stated that it was a gross generalization to assume all of America is the way it's stereotyped. I wanted to see why people, hopefully, with a higher intellect than a house rat would be able to answer why their are so many people who believe America is the greatest nation.

I wanted to hear from the people that make America a great nation. Not the people that make it look bad. Obviously I set my hopes a little high asking for some logical insight.

Logical insight. You clearly didn't read through my post well enough. I agreed with has there is some uneducated people responding to this thread with irrelevant stuff and cocky arrogance. Dealing with internationals, Canadians out right have the most rude and ignorance to Americans because they think we're out right rude and are all the same. I don't mind Canada or Canadians. Have you ever thought it was your additude towards us? Or are you to uneducated and ignorate to understand that? I think that's why there is such a agruement between the two. At that note:

God Bless the USA

wvmystichrome

Established Member
You know after thinking about this I have figured this out. You may or you may not agree, its up to you.

Our Forefathers made this place great. Hard work, sacrifice and determination. THIS is what made and makes America great. The hard working people of this country still makes it the greatest place today. Yes you may have more tranquill places. You may have more scenic places. You may have more relaxing places. But the fact is had it not been for the great USofA of lot of these places would not be on the map as they are today. They would be a heck of a lot worse off. American lives, will power and heros sacrificed all to make this country great and protect many, many others.

Enough said. End thread.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Logical insight. You clearly didn't read through my post well enough. I agreed with has there is some uneducated people responding to this thread with irrelevant stuff and cocky arrogance. Dealing with internationals, Canadians out right have the most rude and ignorance to Americans because they think we're out right rude and are all the same. I don't mind Canada or Canadians. Have you ever thought it was your additude towards us? Or are you to uneducated and ignorate to understand that? I think that's why there is such a agruement between the two. At that note:

God Bless the USA

I think you miss understood that, I was actually in agreement with you. I even previously stated a few bad apples spoil the bunch. I don't believe that all Americans are ignorant and cocky by any means. I wanted I site from the people who aren't cocky about why they think America is the greatest. From what I can see from this thread Americans are actually almost identical to Canadians in the way they stand up for their country.

Users who are viewing this thread