Why did Shelby name it a Cobra?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Little known fact... Carole Shelby also penned the term "trouser snake". So just put two and two together... Shelby liked his snakes!

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Reminds me of the time some guy in a mediocre Delorean showed up to Cars and Coffee...

Curious, I asked him if it still had the original Volvo engine. Instead of "yeah, but it was actually a joint design between Peugeot, Renault, and Volvo", this self-centered penis puffer just responds, "you mean PRV?", like he had no clue what I was asking if I didn't get the nomenclature right in his poorly engineered flop car designed by a has been coke head. Yeah my man. I meant PRV. My mistake. I understand had a silly ass movie hadn't centered around the car, you would have never even seen one, let alone run out and buy one to fulfill your childhood dream of owning the time machine car, but it is a Delorean. Not exactly winning awards at Pebble Beach or Amelia Island.

GT500. Cobra. Mustang. Tang (I actually saw where they called it that in an old MotorWeek review). Whatever makes you happy.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Shelby named them after his beloved Rooster named Cobra.

He was one bad Rooster. Cobra was once asked to cross the road. He turned around, Clucked, and brandished his snub nose .44...

The only thing to cross the road that day in Texas was the Under Taker.

Users who are viewing this thread