Why all the out cry over Street Racing?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I would say your analogy doesn't necessarily work either because I would imagine most people who have driven spiritedly, have also street raced at some point.

To the people who say it is absolutely stupid and wrong to ever street race, what's the point of even having fast cars? Or modifying them for that matter? Do all of you live right next to a track?

If people race in a responsible way (little to no traffic), then why do you care? It has already been proven in this thread the amount of people who die from street racing is statistically small compared to all car related deaths. Just like people who die from mass shootings is statistically small.

I don't really street race anymore but I would have no room to tell someone they can't or shouldn't street race given that I have before.

I live within 2 hours of many race tracks. Closest one being 20 minutes away, soon to be 5 minutes.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Is there anything you post that isn't so senior-citizen minded? The way I see it, people wanna street race and they do it privately without endangering anyone else present, who the **** cares? Let 'em do it. There's really no reason for a lot of things we do. The other day, me and some friends played football. No reason for doing it but we did. Someone showed me a compilation video of random people crashing dirt bikes and ATVs. No reason why those people did it, they just did..
big ****ing deal. when it comes to street racing I have zero sympathy and zero shits given if someone doesn't like my opinion. and that includes your lame ass opinion

Zemedici

Established Member
Which is smart. Not many people have that much patience, even if its only an extra 20 seconds.

Not many people should be driving tbh. I would bet the percentage of drivers that are actually UNSAFE drivers would be astounding. 40% wouldn't surprise me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
big ****ing deal. when it comes to street racing I have zero sympathy and zero shits given if someone doesn't like my opinion. and that includes your lame ass opinion

fb75997bd18456cc1a80b97e9a7e88d9c734522e73a6aa6ae145c5da20f33093.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Not many people should be driving tbh. I would bet the percentage of drivers that are actually UNSAFE drivers would be astounding. 40% wouldn't surprise me.

I agree. The test is too easy to pass. And there is no freeway portion of the test. Too many people are too impatient, selfish, and just flat out stop caring about being a decent driver.

Zemedici

Established Member
Best part is once you pass the test you're clear to drive until you die. And everyone is so goddamn selfish, 1 car will cut off 40+ cars and not give a shit.

I feel that stacking tickets (3-4 inside of say 4-5 years) should be license suspension.

Bam what do ya know lanes open up on the freeway

o2gt

Established Member
first I think people comparing street racing the gun issue is silly. Since we are talking about the Houston event I will talk about Texas gun laws. I can legally own a gun the act of owning it is not it self illegal. while street racing is in no way legal. I think there is more attention because people love to post them on youtube and other social media. this has made the number of people that are exposed increase greatly. They are no longer viewed by primary car people.
also cars are so much faster these day, I think is justified to be upset when cars well in to the triple digits as they fly past people who are trying to get home.

basically cars are much faster, more video is being posted and consumed by a larger audience.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
As referenced above the Fast and Furious did a number on the street racing scene.
Hell, I remember when the first one came out a high school associate left the theater in his 4 door integra and decided to race someone on the highway. He thought it was a great idea to pass someone in the breakdown lane. Ended up killing a guy that was trying to swap a flat tire.

With that said, I'm no saint. I've raced multiple people when I was young, dumb and full of cum. It's something I did when I was younger when I didn't understand the consequences of my actions.

The way I figure it now, if you are an idiot don't bitch when the end result kicks your ass. If you are going to street race do it on a deserted road where the only people that could get hurt are you and the other racer.

This is something I will instill on my 3 boys. You can't stop them, but you can educate them enough so they aren't complete dumbasses.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Dip Dungles, post: 15560927]

This is something I will instill on my 3 boys. You can't stop them, but you can educate them enough so they aren't complete dumbasses.[/QUOTE]
That option may not be there depending on their age.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
[QUOTE="Dip Dungles, post: 15560927]

This is something I will instill on my 3 boys. You can't stop them, but you can educate them enough so they aren't complete dumbasses.
That option may not be there depending on their age.[/QUOTE]

I have awhile. 7, 3 and 4 months left in the oven.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
While there will always be the self rightous "street racing is for idiots" crowd, and maybe they aren't all that wrong, I'm willing to recognize that there are varying types of street racing. There's the type that is sensationalized by the media with cars going at it on a crowded highway or through city streets - that is beyond stupid. Then there is the other type that you see on 1320Video and the like, with cars on a deserted highway making a few pulls or going from a dig on some backroad in the middle of nowhere. I'd be lying if I said I don't have any problem with the latter.

Gravik

Established Member
If you want to street race, find a road away from everything else with no stop signs, intersections, and away from traffic.

People that race on busy roads are stupid and I have zero sympathy if you wind up with you in jail or your car impounded.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Two weeks ago I was coming home from a 6 hour road trip with my wife and daughter in the car. Going 65mph, I come around a corner and two cars had stopped on the highway to get a dig run in. I almost rear ended the car that was in my lane (honestly). So because of that, I am buying a dash cam to install should this or anything else happen again.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Street racing is stupid no matter where it is done. don't know if you remember or even read about the prince georges street racing crash that killed a bunch of people at 2 am because of a street race but that is proof positive that the who "race where nobody is" argument is bullshit. Indian head highway is a four lane highway that is all but deserted that time of the morning. what they did not count on was a 2nd street race coming down the deserted street.

I will always point and laugh at street racers that wreck their car or get charged with murder for killing someone during their display of stupid

No, it is not proof that my "race where nobody is" argument is bullshit. Otherwise, a Crown Victoria wouldn't have been able to plow into a bunch of bystanders ("where nobody is") in Indian Head at 2am. You keep saying its stupid and has no reason but the same could be said about people who ride motorcycles. Increases the odds of death yet perfectly fine and people accept those odds. I could say the Running of the Bulls is stupid. Same for the International Isle of Man race. Stupid. No reason, right?

Nobody's asking you why you have "zero sympathy" for those who die in streetracing crashes? My point is some people (especially younger) are going to enjoy doing things that might be dangerous or illegal. But if they can manage to do it in a manner where they don't endanger others, like the op said, what's the big deal? We can't expect every young guy to eat prune salads and watch Matlock all the time.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
If you want to street race, find a road away from everything else with no stop signs, intersections, and away from traffic.

People that race on busy roads are stupid and I have zero sympathy if you wind up with you in jail or your car impounded.

My thoughts exactly. That way if something bad happens, they suffer the consequences on their own. I also feel the odds of an accident are lessened.

Users who are viewing this thread