Whose Termi was this???

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
I have been looking into buying an 03 from a local dealer and they cannot give me any real information about the mod's done to it.

The termi is a 2003 10th anniv. silver vert that is being sold by causeway ford in south jersey. From what I can tell, it is dropped with an exhaust (not sure if it is full, but it is LOUD and cat-less), chip, upper pulley (it has red trim on it), black aftermarket intercooler reservoir, and 315 series rear tires on the stock 10th anniv. wheels. There is no emblem in the front of the car where the horse should be (not sure if it is a grille delete or the guy just nixed the mustang emblem and never got a cobra emblem)

The VIN for the car is 1fafp49yx3f442409

I have been told the car was once owned but a honda tech at causeway honda, but that is all the info they would give me.

Here are some insanely small pictures that one of my buddy's took with his phone
0503081609.jpg

0503081608.jpg

I really want to find out as much about the car as possible, as the dealer is asking way more than it's worth. HELP!

xenodragon

Established Member
Open the hood look on the sides of the blower and see if the name Stiegemier is stamped onto it, that might mean its ported. Or look for a black sticker somewhere on the blower that says stiege on it.

The emblem might have been taken off so its not stolen while sitting at the dealer??

Look at the color of the injectors, if they are blue then they are stock, black probably 60lbs.

What type of intake is on the car?

See if anyhting is hooked onto the MAF sensor, like a MAF.ia

What is he asking for it?

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
front intercoller is black, and it did have an aftermarket intake. car is DEFINITELY not stock, but it is not steig ported. Seemed alot faster than the white 03 9 drove on saturdaythat put 484 to the wheels.

no sticker/stamping on the blower. literally couldnt hear the blower over the exhaust. i am not kidding when i say the exhaust was quite possibly the loudest thing i have ever heard (made my pullied lightning with a maggy sound like s go-kart haha). the main reason why i want to know more about the car is that i want to know more about the exhaust setup.

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
58 views and 2 responses??? do you guys think i would have more luck in pics and vids? or in the local section?

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
you aren't giving us much to work with...need pictures of the engine bay or a better description of mileage and price of the car

dont have any more pics... engine bay looked stock with the exception of the pulley, lack of pulley shroud (low pulley was stock, as was the fueling), intercooler reservoir, intake, etc.

i am more interested in finding out if anyone on here recognizes the car that finding out exactly what is done to it.

as far as mod's go, i am really only interested in what exhaust setup was on the car, as it was exactly what i want on whatever termi i end up getting

car had 39,xxx miles and the dealer was asking 26,999 (waaaay too high in my opinion considering there are 04's on this site with 9k-11k miles going for 26-27k)

My front heat exchanger is black, it is not stock.

this one was 100 percent stock. it was the same as every other cobra ive looked at.

Maybe the owner of that Terminator isn't a member on any SVT site. I know this is hard to believe for some of you folks...but not every Terminator owner cares to mingle on an SVT site.

See if the dealer will let you have a compression check done by another dealer. Who knows they might even allow you to dyno it to very A/F. No harm in asking, especially if you're serious about buying.

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
i got a full mod list from the salesman i spoke with yesterday... he found out who exactly traded it in and what it had done,

12psi upper pulley (not sure what that translates into, measurement-wise... i know my 4# lower L pulley makes 12 psi but us L guys usually stick to the lower pulley swaps), heat exchanger, CAI, Diablo tune, and a full SLP exhaust with cat delete

what is a legit price for this car? it is in pretty good condition with a few standard blemishes on the front bumper. runs well, needs new tires, comes with the soft tonneau for the roof, and custom svt mats.

TrickStang37

Established Member
i got a full mod list from the salesman i spoke with yesterday... he found out who exactly traded it in and what it had done,

12psi upper pulley (not sure what that translates into, measurement-wise... i know my 4# lower L pulley makes 12 psi but us L guys usually stick to the lower pulley swaps), heat exchanger, CAI, Diablo tune, and a full SLP exhaust with cat delete

what is a legit price for this car? it is in pretty good condition with a few standard blemishes on the front bumper. runs well, needs new tires, comes with the soft tonneau for the roof, and custom svt mats.

well, i bought mine with those miles for $19,500 two years ago at a dealer. Im sure they can go lower.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Yeah if they aren't doing anything with the price on that it's probably because they just got it in and are getting a lot of calls about it. They didn't give the owner close to that, probably gave him under $18K. If they have it in a couple months from now the dealership will probably let it go for under $20K. Just keep you eyes open. Did you go over pricing?

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
Maybe the owner of that Terminator isn't a member on any SVT site. I know this is hard to believe for some of you folks...but not every Terminator owner cares to mingle on an SVT site.

See if the dealer will let you have a compression check done by another dealer. Who knows they might even allow you to dyno it to very A/F. No harm in asking, especially if you're serious about buying.

obviously... but svt guys in my area seem to know lots of other svt guys and their cars/trucks. was sort of hoping someone might have seen this one at the track/a cruise/etc

Yeah if they aren't doing anything with the price on that it's probably because they just got it in and are getting a lot of calls about it. They didn't give the owner close to that, probably gave him under $18K. If they have it in a couple months from now the dealership will probably let it go for under $20K. Just keep you eyes open. Did you go over pricing?

i am an insanely well informed buyer. i have heard the "well if we dont sell it, its going to auction in 2 weeks" line more than i could imagine. i went in there knowing that kbb on a 10th anniv vert with only 30k miles was 26k or so at the absolute most. as soon as he said 39k miles for no less than 26,999 i chuckled a bit on the inside. i came back home and discovered that kbb for the car was 25,250 or so. nevertheless, if i was going to spend that much on a termi, id buy an 04 from somebody on here.

there is an 03 ZY coupe near me with a brand new motor and 21k miles for 22k... theres no way id plop down 27 for a bolt on termi with 39k miles

i didnt make an official offer last night because i still have two cars id like to get rid of... id have to get rid of one at the very least before buying a termi

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
26.9K is a good starting point for a 10th vert, those miles are still relatively low for a car that is 5 years old. Anything under 25K and you're getting a good deal on that car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That price is too high IMO for 39K miles and with those mods. You know it has probably been driven hard. But it's a dealership, and it is very common for dealers this time of year to hike the price hoping to catch someone unaware of real world prices. If this car had half those miles and was near stock the entire time the previous owner had the car then maybe $27K would be close to fair. But not this one. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread