Who's the man nowadays for mail order tunes

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Kevin (04sleeper here on the forum), Jon Lund, or Don LaSota. You will need a wideband installed if you don't already have one.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Don't mess with Amazon.

Ditto,

I hope we caught you before you spent the money. If you ever need to get in contact with Amazon you're in trouble.

04sleeper and Don Lasota both have great reputations and are reasonable on price.

KillaCobra49

Established Member
Thanks for the advice fellas, I was leaning toward Amazon searching around and seeing good reviews, why do u guys say to stay away from them? I'm jw, however I'm gonna take my time and do it right. I just want to put my tunes in the best hands possible even if it costs a few extra $. Tuners in my area are not willing to tune certain aspects of my car that I want done, such as e85 and nitrous

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i would absolutely recommend 04sleeper. Worked with him on several 93 pump gas and E85 tunes. You drive around like factory until you punch it.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
I have an amazon tune still going strong after 10 years. There was some drama when he tried to expand to a full shop instead of just a tuning outfit. I also have a steig port so my car is the least cool on the forum...

KillaCobra49

Established Member
I think 04sleeper will get the golden ticket on this one, just have to get ahold of him. I have a lot of variables on top of my equation that is giving other tuners a hard time my setup is 2.76 upper/4lb lower posi ported blower with port matched dragon tb/plenum long tubes off-road x, borla attacks, jlt fenderwell intake. BAP, mafia,(also as part of the mafia package I was givin a slot style gt500 maf that fits in the stock maf tube which I hear is overkill). Killer chiller, 170 reische thermostat with a 3row aluminum radiator, dual ford gt pumps(e85 compatible) 04 sleeper modded fpdm and 80lb injectors. Also just picked up a NX WET KIT from a buddy. Now I'm from Cali so I gave a few tuners a holler and it's just a few things they don't do. Shawn at AED refuses to do lower pulleys, idk if it's because we only have 91 octane available around here, so I gave him a call and let him know I picked up the ford gt pumps with the modded fpdm and the 80s as a bare minimum to run e85 and he tells me I need to upgrade my fuel rails and lines.. Researching around I see people saying the stock rails and lines will hold up just fine, however idk. Then another tuner in my area who deals with mustangs a lot does not tune for e85 or nitrous on boosted applications so he's out the picture as well. Now there's other tuners out here my whole thing is I just want someone who tunes these cars a lot with a lot of knowledge and experience. I gave John Lund a holler and he tells me 80# injectors will not be enough for e85 and that I need to upgrade to id1000, but looking at another post i see sleeper say 80s will be sufficient and that a lot of tuners just don't know how to tune them correctly. And I also hear he knows his stuff with e85. I think he is my best bet and I have only heard good things about him so fingers crossed and we'll see

KillaCobra49

Established Member
Thanks 03 I will give them a holler as well, does anybody know a way to get ahold of 04sleeper? I sent him a visitor message but I'm not sure if he's received it...

Users who are viewing this thread