Who's Sprayin?

svteezy

Established Member
There was two guys spraying there cars local to me. One had 125 shot i saw him make at least 30 passes never had any trouble he ran 10.70's @ 125.
The other guy had 150 with race gas. Never ran better than 10.88. last time he took it to the track he blew a window in the block . He broke the a rod in half and it slaped the valve and did whole lot of damage. Best advice if you going to spray get you a A/F guage and a good tune.

wow im guessing trying too much timing? My plans are a 150 shot but dam thats scary.. who tuned the car?

tooquick

Established Member
Well three weeks in a row ive been rained out still haven't got to run my car:fm:.4th times a charm i guess.

goesquik

Established Member
FYI...

I ran across a guy at the track weeks ago running a 150-175 shot Zex kit but at the end of the night it took a shit off the line and bogged? Seemed pretty solid though before the hiccup, all he had was a set of drag radials. Think it ran high tens.

Last edited:

tooquick

Established Member
Ran Friday night on street tires best pass was 8.64 @ 86 MPH 1/8th mile.Pulled a 2.0 60FT track wasn't that great.Time to order that kit and some tires.No new 5.0's to compare to there.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
wow im guessing trying too much timing? My plans are a 150 shot but dam thats scary.. who tuned the car?

Yeah, timing will get ya. And not for much power. The flame front inside the cylinder while nitrous is injected is very fast so adding 1-2 extra degrees doesn't make much power like a blower/na car would. It's a very high risk for little or no gain. Now better fuel and more timing is a little different.

Seen some nitrous cars actually make more power with a 1-2 degrees more pulled.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Ran Friday night on street tires best pass was 8.64 @ 86 MPH 1/8th mile.Pulled a 2.0 60FT track wasn't that great.Time to order that kit and some tires.No new 5.0's to compare to there.

Hook!!! Nitrous will drop 60' fast if you can hook. Retarded amounts of tq so those 2.0s could be 1.5s if you got rubber and some driving skills.

100shot should get u around 94ish mph, 150 got me a 98 mph. 200 never went to the track. :( but now I'm curious. That's on a very poorly prepped track with potholes. Lol

tooquick

Established Member
Hook!!! Nitrous will drop 60' fast if you can hook. Retarded amounts of tq so those 2.0s could be 1.5s if you got rubber and some driving skills.

100shot should get u around 94ish mph, 150 got me a 98 mph. 200 never went to the track. :( but now I'm curious. That's on a very poorly prepped track with potholes. Lol

Yeah the track I was running at isn't that great.I'll be going in a couple weeks to 1/4 mile track with some good tires.I think i'll go 125 shot when I do get my kit.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
NX kit? The microedge seems like a really nice controller. Ive used a nos mini on my bike worked well but only ch2 would work. now im using a fixed hit on 200rwhp shot, traction became an issue on the street in first even with 295s, shocks and third link.

good luck with everything if you have questions or anything let me know. Done 3 installs on these cars already.

tooquick

Established Member
NX kit? The microedge seems like a really nice controller. Ive used a nos mini on my bike worked well but only ch2 would work. now im using a fixed hit on 200rwhp shot, traction became an issue on the street in first even with 295s, shocks and third link.

good luck with everything if you have questions or anything let me know. Done 3 installs on these cars already.

Im base everything I know on the fox bodys i've had. I was wondering how much you can spray and be safe.Like with the fox body you could spray up to 150 safely with 10 degrees of timing.175 would require a larger fuel pump and less timing.These new 5.0s the same or can you spray more safely whith it tuned properly.

tooquick

Established Member
Anyone heard of a dual stage kit for the new 5.0 yet I've looked but haven't seen none yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Anyone heard of a dual stage kit for the new 5.0 yet I've looked but haven't seen none yet.

You could just run a nozzle then plate. That's easy. 50 nozzle at 3-35k 100 plate 4500 or skip first. Most controllers have 2 stage control. Progressive is alot easier to wire, tune, etc. You can adjust it in 2 secs depending on track conditions.

tooquick

Established Member
How much can these cars handle i've seen some spray as much as 200.I wonder how high u can go before you would have to worry about making scrammble eggs out of your rods.

tooquick

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread