Who's ported Eaton is this, any way to tell?

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I have acquired this blower and am giving up on buying an 03 Cobra but am trying to figure out how to tell if it's a Steggy or Posi port etc. It has a number on the front, but does not say Stiegmeier like some of the ones I have seen.

Attachments

• IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2649.jpg
    IMG_2649.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2645.jpg
    IMG_2645.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2643.jpg
    IMG_2643.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 86

LS WUT

Established Member
That’s a tough one, I’m unsure. Reach out to Steggy and see if he can pull up the number you’ve got maybe?

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
That’s a tough one, I’m unsure. Reach out to Steggy and see if he can pull up the number you’ve got maybe?
I did after making this post. No idea if he will reply. I don't know if all
Of the eatons have that number on the front?

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
To my knowledge he stamped each one with numbers for warranty purposes.
That would make sense, but I figured it would say Stegmeier on the front somewhere, but am not sure if he did that on all of them. Tried finding pics to help but most old pics are no longer working

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
On my Lightning, it had “Posi” in the lower left corner (as you’re looking at it from the front), and the number on the lower right. It was also a relatively low number like 093 or something. That looks like a Steig to me, although the Steig that I had, had his special sticker on the top above the snout.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
looks like a STEIG Stage 5, basically the max porting that can be done. serial 169006. that is a very good porting job. with a 2.76 pulley on the front you're looking at about 12-13 PSI with the stock lower.
My old buddy Broke7 ran very fast back in the day with a 5. I hope that's what this is. I'm gonna sell it as I'm not gonna pay 30k for an 03 cobra with major paint issues, and owned by a clueless dweeb like most of these guys selling theirs are.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
On my Lightning, it had “Posi” in the lower left corner (as you’re looking at it from the front), and the number on the lower right. It was also a relatively low number like 093 or something. That looks like a Steig to me, although the Steig that I had, had his special sticker on the top above the snout.
Yeah I dunno why some dipshit would put an 03 cobra sticker there, it's obviously what the car is.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I’ll take a picture of my Steggy ported blower tomorrow if I remember. Mine was done in 2021. Yours looks like a Steggy to me.

big dad

Established Member
It could be an Apten port, I have one on my 03. I believe Bob Steigmeyer was doing them back in 05-06 then opened his own business to do them. That may explain why there's no identification, same as mine. By the way, stay away from those aluminum press on only pullies, I had one and one day it walked in on the snout and it sounded like I spun a rod bearing or two. Major pucker moment as the car had only 1200 to 1300 miles on it at the time. Good luck selling it.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
IMG_1655.jpeg
IMG_1654.jpeg

Here is my Steggy ported Eaton from 2021. He engraved Steggemeier on the left side and a serial number on the right side. I would say yours is steggy based on the shapes of the port work…

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
It could be an Apten port, I have one on my 03. I believe Bob Steigmeyer was doing them back in 05-06 then opened his own business to do them. That may explain why there's no identification, same as mine. By the way, stay away from those aluminum press on only pullies, I had one and one day it walked in on the snout and it sounded like I spun a rod bearing or two. Major pucker moment as the car had only 1200 to 1300 miles on it at the time. Good luck selling it.
Apten, that's a name I had forgotten!

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
View attachment 1818967View attachment 1818966

Here is my Steggy ported Eaton from 2021. He engraved Steggemeier on the left side and a serial number on the right side. I would say yours is steggy based on the shapes of the port work…
Well, I am an idiot. It says stegemeier on front of blower but since it's painted black you can barely see it at all. I had to go look at it harder after seeing this post lol.

Users who are viewing this thread