Votes: 80 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 39.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlife22

Established Member
Never missed a gear with mine. Its groggy noise is getting a little annoying but its still a good s.s.k.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
NY04snake said:
if you want a track shifter, ask the racers what they have, many who have tried the MGW, have gone back.

actually most of the shifter feedback i have is the exact opposite. i am getrting alot of guys emailing me telling me that they really like the shifter for open track driving due to the much shroter shifts. our shifter is MUCH more solid feeling and with the red ( or new orange) handle has about the same height as the triax.

not saying that everyone will like mine over the triax because it just is not gonna happen but the myth that the springs on the triax are heavier than the mgw is just that. our springs are rated at 278 pounds per square inch about twice what the triax is. i know i have measured both.

regards
george

tankerman1981

Established Member
MGW said:
actually most of the shifter feedback i have is the exact opposite. i am getrting alot of guys emailing me telling me that they really like the shifter for open track driving due to the much shroter shifts. our shifter is MUCH more solid feeling and with the red ( or new orange) handle has about the same height as the triax.

not saying that everyone will like mine over the triax because it just is not gonna happen but the myth that the springs on the triax are heavier than the mgw is just that. our springs are rated at 278 pounds per square inch about twice what the triax is. i know i have measured both.

regards
george

:rockon: you go get'em george :pepper: Have the mgw with the new orange handle and after a few days it is the most beautiful thing i've bought yet... i love it to death... MGW = One Great Product

P.S. CobraBob's GAskets...... brilant idea don't know why anyone would use anything else

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
MGW said:

regards
george

my bad, track= read: Drag Strip. the longer handle, helps with leverage for the 3 real fast shifts required. I felt both shifters and the tri-ax springs feel stiffer, don't know what to tell you but the rating of the spring can be overcome by the placement of those springs. I buy a lot of your stuff, I added your handle to the stock shifter and loved it for the period the stock shifter was in there. I use your gripper handle, even though the allen set screw constantly needs to be tightened after hard shifting. I don't mean to spread mis-truths, only what other drag racers, with hundreds of more passes than me, have told me and since this was titled: tri-ax shifters I tried to share an unguarded opinion, please don't cut me off from buying MGW stuff, but do you really think one shifter could serve all uses? why don't you take some critical input and create a specialized dragstrip shifter, I would try it and buy it sight unseen!? Longer, solid handle and give the option to eliminate the isolators if your not worried about the noise and want more feel are a couple of things that come to mind and how about even STIFFER centering springs?

I hope my opinions are not reguarded as gospel, they are just my opinions, I have a Tri-Ax and it works very well for me at the track and it was 40% less than what I would have paid for yours.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
For those of you that think you like your tri-ax, swap in the stock shifter for a day or so, and report back your findings. I think you'll be surprised.

- Aj -

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
I like mine that I have had for about a 2 years. I just added a MGW handle and love it!!

Did you notice a difference with the new handle? Did you have to lean forward to shift still? :p

- Aj -

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_shift_handle.html
Big difference. I moved the back of my seat back and now its alot more comfortable. And it moves it not only back but over closer to your leg. I wish I would have bought it earlier.

Hmm...and only 30 bucks. I was debating on going with this or swapping out the whole shifter for the MGW.

EDIT: What the hell, I went ahead and ordered it. :rolling:

Last edited:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
- Aj - said:
Hmm...and only 30 bucks. I was debating on going with this or swapping out the whole shifter for the MGW.

EDIT: What the hell, I went ahead and ordered it. :rolling:

I would give it a try first than go from there. It is well worth more than 30$ though. I dont think you will be disappointed.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I didn't like mine at first, felt kinda notchy and the handle was just long! Come to find out, after installing a shifter gasket from Bob, the handle was on its highest setting (changed that with the quickness). After the change in handle height, I like it a lot more now. The gasket helped with the noise too!

badctcobra

Heck Yes I Did!!!
Established Member
TurboJ2 said:
What he said.......... You won't regret it!!!!! :beer:

Yes I have heard so many awesome things about the MGW that I am stuck between 3 gauge pod with lunar gauges or the MGW with Orange Handle.

- Aj -

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
I would give it a try first than go from there. It is well worth more than 30$ though. I dont think you will be disappointed.

That's the plan!

ACMUSTANG

Go fast & turn
Established Member
I am running Tri-ax shifters in the 2 cars we race. We run autocrosses and will be running open track days. I have never had a problem with either of them. Nor have I ever missed a gear.

The other interesting point to ponder is a just in case. What is MGW's warranty and how long is it going to take you to get another one? next question is how long has MGW been around? Dealers to buy from? how tested are they in extreme use?

Not saying they are bad shifters in anyway, but being the advocate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread