Votes: 80 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 39.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I was just woundering who was pleased with the steeda tri-ax. My upr one now sucks @$$ and I can get a really good deal on a tri-ax, and was woundering what you guys thought of it. I know its noisey but that doesn't bother me as long as I can hit 3rd gear.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I've got the Tri-Ax with an MGW handle, 2 1/4" FatKnobs (think MRT), and CobraBobs gasket set. Handle is in lowest position.

It is short and precise, though a bit noisy, but very direct nonetheless. To me its not excessively notchy or anything like many proport it to be. It does have a relatively high effort compared to the comfort biased stock unit.

I'm 6' tall and have no trouble reaching this handle combo.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Not a big fan of mine. Its pretty notchy and I have missed 3rd twice already. I never missed 3rd in my other 97.

I will be buying a MGW here soon.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
I had one and just switched to the mgw with orange handle. Don't buy the steeda, just upgrade to the mgw. The tri-ax isn't bad, I thought it was decent until I read thread after thread about guys who specifically switched from the tri-ax to mgw. Well I read one too many of those such posts and switched myself. The difference is night and day. If you think the tri-ax is good, wait till you break in an mgw... :rockon:

Unless you are getting it for like $75-$80 shipped and you don't have the extra $100 for the mgw, just get the mgw. And even if you are getting that good of a deal, wait until you have the extra $100 and get the mgw :thumbsup:

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
Get a MGW :rockon: ....the shifts are so much more positive than my triax it was hard to believe. Also the noise difference alone its worth it.....sounds like a stock shifter

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
I bought an MGW and am awaiting the shifter. Have a Tri Ax for sale

Brad

Banned
I really like the tri-ax.. I might try this shifter everyone is talking about just to see what the hype is all about..

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
depends what you want to use it for. The tri-ax setup without insulators with the original handle, which is longer than the mgw, will allow harder/faster shifts because of the added leverage and it's stiffer centering springs. guys who run on the street might prefer the MGW for the lack of noise and smoother feel. Personally I don't mind the heat and noise as long as I can close my eyes and slam that sucker like I am trying to put the shift knob thru the dashboard and hit 3rd everytime, if you want one of the best shifters for the strip, you can not go wrong with the Tri-Ax it is as solid as a rock crusher.
if you want a track shifter, ask the racers what they have, many who have tried the MGW, have gone back.

all depends what you want, so like many of these "what do you prefer" threads there are as many answers as there are posters, there is no getting around figuring out your own needs and then making a decision for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread