Who's got the sweetest stance out there?

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
IMG_20110812_210023.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So much win in this thread! Absolutely no way to pick the "best" stance. Too many winners IMO. :rockon:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
mods in sig.... h&r ss, no iso's, x2 balljoints(no plate).

2e6bc9b8.jpg

6aec72d3.jpg

0063ffb2.jpg

528ebe0f.jpg

27b02be1.jpg

I gotta get me some Steeda Balljoints...that looks awesome!

My car in my sig is photoshopped just smidge lower...but this car is one of my favorites:

DSC_3762.jpg

DSC_3747.jpg
DSC_3738.jpg

MACH1032.jpg

IMG_9576.jpg

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
There is a difference in Stance and Slammed. Stance implies strength and power, slammed is what you have provided.

No, stance refers to how a vehicle sits. Simply lowering a car doesn't give it a "powerful" stance.

Stance is a mixture of both suspension and wheel offset. Just throwing on a set of springs doesn't give your car "the sweetest stance." It makes it look better, but doesn't make it badass.

While I'm not a fan of what a lot of the Vdub guys do, they definitely have figured out how to get a perfect stance.

Edit for pic: Notice the zero wheel gap and how the wheels sit flush with the fenders. That's a sweet stance...
eurp_0808_01_z+2004_volkswagen_gti+front_side_view.jpg

Last edited:

SVT Pille

Established Member
While I'm not a fan of what a lot of the Vdub guys do, they definitely have figured out how to get a perfect stance.

Edit for pic: Notice the zero wheel gap and how the wheels sit flush with the fenders. That's a sweet stance...

GTFO :burn:

SVT Pille

Established Member
I'm sorry. Your car looks much better with it's stock wheels and suspension and those hideous tail lights they put on the 94-95s.

That proves nothing but thanks? It's a '94 Cobra and that's what it's supposed to look like. I'm not a fan of throwing FR500's or some other wheel that everyone else has on mine. It's probably more unique than most with the stockers anyways.

I still don't understand how lowering a car to the point where there is no gap and you have to add ridiculous camber to make it fit is "perfect" and makes it look "stronger". All it does is make the car ride like a bag of @ss and make your tires wear uneven. Try launching with half of your contact patch on the ground... True performance right there.

I'd much rather see a car with a raked stance that makes it look like it was built for more than just looking pretty. A little fender-tire gap is always necessary.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
No, stance refers to how a vehicle sits. Simply lowering a car doesn't give it a "powerful" stance.

Stance is a mixture of both suspension and wheel offset. Just throwing on a set of springs doesn't give your car "the sweetest stance." It makes it look better, but doesn't make it badass.

The VW is much better than the black thing that you posted. The black car is either on bags or barely drivable with the lip of the wheel 1" from the fender lip. Most domestic guys would not call that a "sweet stance".

:poke: BTW, most of the cars posted have springs, wheels, and tires making up the "stance".

smitty2919

Established Member

right they nailed the wheel offset when they have to run tires 5x's too narrow and have that dumba$$ sidewall roll to even fit them inside the fender...

Not to mention the "sweetest stance" is like the "best sounding exhaust"...everyone will have opinions on what looks best. For example mine isn't slammed but it's lowered but still retaining a nice ride and I can get a jack under it without running up on wood. JMO

I work with a kid who does that crap on a VW running 90's style chrome corvette fan blade wheels with like 225 or 235's. The whole outer wheel lip is exposed...smart thinking

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread