Who's got a tuned automatic??

TheYeti

Established Member
I cant find the email with the model number sequence but you could really ask any tuner and they should be able to tell you.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
I have a 13GTCS auto and first ran a BBR tune cause it was free with the tuner from LRS. It was very mushy and had dead spots all over it.
So i called Justin at VMP and got his tune and it has been amazing. Remapped shift points that are neck snapping and crisp at WOT, or tame and firm when tooling around since its also my DD.
I dyno'd it last week at 374/371 but unfortunately it was 101* w 78% humidity but was safe and i love it. It will break the tires at 80mph going into 3rd.

SteedaBrandon

Also I thought I heard recently that steeda wasnt offering auto tunes at the time. Is that only for the '13's?
That is only for our 2011+ cam idle and 2013 automatic tunes.

They are still under development.

We do have tunes for 2011-2012 autos.

Let me know if I can help you with that.

AMWill

The question is......how much power is "left to be had"??!

Heavyfoot,

There isn't much, if any at all to be gained after a Bama tune is used to it's full potential. By this I mean, if you feel there could be adjustments made to your tune (usually not necessary), you can simply take a few data logs and send them to Bama for even more accurate/specific adjustments. Bolt-on cars are very simple to tune and make power with. The amount of tech research/testing that we have in our Bama tunes with our Dynojet 224xlc, track racing, and street tuning our Projects cars, I can assure you there's not much, if any better out there! Good luck with whoever you decide to go with, all of these well known Tuners listed above are going to get you within the same power range.

Getting free adjustments at anytime is a great thing to have. It insures satisfaction in your cars tuned performance, with tweaks available when you need them.

We have so much confidence in our tunes and want to make sure our customers are worry free, so we offer the cylinder #8 warranty and stand behind it! There really hasn't been any tuner's that haven't experienced this problem and it seems to be a random/scattered issue. However, like I said, we're lucky enough to be able to give you guys #8 warranties to put your mind at ease and because it's not a likely issue with our safe Bama tunes.

Hope this info helps you out! If you want to enroll yourself into the Free Tunes for Life program, follow this link and we can hook you up ASAP for $150 with 3 Custom tunes right off the bat!

Shane

calgarybandit

Established Member
I can only speak for Bama and Lund because I have both tunes. Bama has superior customer service and after a few data logs were sent to Mike he nailed my tune. I cannot say much for Lund customer service model it sucks! I can post the data logs if anyone wants to see how Bama dials in there tunes.

Ol Blu

Established Member
A tune HAS to void the warranty from Ford, right? I have a '13 auto. Do you have to have any other aftermarket parts or will the tune help a bone-stock car?

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
A tune HAS to void the warranty from Ford, right? I have a '13 auto. Do you have to have any other aftermarket parts or will the tune help a bone-stock car?

From what I have heard, ford has to figure out you had a tune.

A tune will make your auto feel like a completely new car.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member

Not sure what you mean by HAS to void the warranty. I can tell you that if you have an engine problem and take it to a dealer, odds are the tune will be discovered even if returned to stock, then it's your dime. Ford's not messing around anymore, guys. If 412/420 HP isn't enough, be prepared to pay if something goes south.

Users who are viewing this thread