Who's got a tuned automatic??

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Also I thought I heard recently that steeda wasnt offering auto tunes at the time. Is that only for the '13's?

Last edited:

o2gt

Established Member
i have heard really good things about vmp. I'm just waiting to put more miles on the car. really looking forward to it.

Chrisc35

Established Member
I want to tune my 13 auto but I know all I hear that bama tune is really good for the manual not to sure about auto

RedfireV8

Established Member
From the same neck of the woods. Had a BBR tune first then went with Cody from StangHI in BR. Not sure where at in LA you are but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the vendors on here. VMP, AED, Lund, Brenspeed, etc. Had a Brenspeed tune on my 07. Loved it. BTW mines an auto too.

TheYeti

Established Member
On the bama note, I only said "may" go with them in the future because if I feel there is more to be had and the steeda tune isnt enough, I was considering the bama cause of the #8 warranty, but 95% I am going with AED if the Steeda isnt good enough.

I am waiting on my intake to come in the mail and already have the steeda 93 tune loaded on my tuner, so once I get the intake I will install everything and let you know how she feels.

If your car has already been tuned by someone else, the #8 warranty will not apply to you anymore...its in the AM/Bama warranty guidelines.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
From the same neck of the woods. Had a BBR tune first then went with Cody from StangHI in BR. Not sure where at in LA you are but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the vendors on here. VMP, AED, Lund, Brenspeed, etc. Had a Brenspeed tune on my 07. Loved it. BTW mines an auto too.

I'm actually from right outside of baton rouge. Where are u from? How is Cody's tune? Did u get a dyno tune or is it just one he wrote?

Last edited:

RedfireV8

Established Member
I'm actually from right outside of baton rouge. Where are u from? How is Cody's tune? Did u get a dyno tune or is it just one he wrote?

From the Denham area. I like it a lot actually. Has a better throttle response then the BBR one had. I had to actually get used to the car all over again. Actually gained 3mph in 1/4 just by his tune alone. I did have him adjust some things. His shift points were a little out there so I had him lower them some. He also added this kind of downshift thing much like you would in a manual. BBR's tune didn't do this. It was cool at first but I actually had him "tone it down" some for me. Still does it just not as "harsh" now. A lot more tolerable. The car drives great though. No issues as this is my DD too.

It wasn't a dyno tune. You have to push him to do that for you as he doesn't believe in dyno tunes with such little mods. Which I agree to an extent. What he did do though was create the tunes and after we loaded them he datalogged for me. While I was driving, he was in the passenger seat with his laptop looking over everything. Made sure everything looked good and it wasn't knocking or anything. He didn't touch the knock sensors and he has it safe as far timing goes. (Need to ask him what its locked in at sometime)

Heavyfoot

Established Member
I had contemplated going to Cody and getting it tuned but didn't know if he was any good with the new ones. I know he did really well with the 3 valve (Cody smiley for example). If u don't mind pm'ing me what kinda price he charged u that would be great. And we should meet up sometime cause I'm actually thinking about the ultralites on mine and curious how they ride.

acrbill

Established Member
I have had three different tunes on my auto. First was the Bama tune. I really woke the car up vs. stock. Then I tried the VMP and it is really great all around. I was one of the guys who hounded AED to put out a lope tune for the auto and was one of the first with the tune. Shauns tunes are safe because he keeps the timing stock and makes power with cam timing and other wizardry.

scotmach

Established Member
I have a tune from VMP and couldn't be happier. I haven't tried anyone else tune but at this time I don't feel the need to. Another thing with VMP is I needed a revision for an off road midpipe and it was free. Most of the reputable tuners will give you free revisions so when I hear Bama and free tunes for life I just roll my eyes. The are the marketing KINGS!

RedfireV8

Established Member
I had contemplated going to Cody and getting it tuned but didn't know if he was any good with the new ones. I know he did really well with the 3 valve (Cody smiley for example). If u don't mind pm'ing me what kinda price he charged u that would be great. And we should meet up sometime cause I'm actually thinking about the ultralites on mine and curious how they ride.

If my memory serves me right, I think its $150 for 3 tunes. He'll tailor them to how you want em too. For instance I had him write me a 91 Safe tune just in case I'm ever out somewhere that only has 91. Also a 89 tune if out in BFE. The Ultralites are great! Gave it the look I wanted and are pretty comfortable too. Def will have to meet up sometime.

I have had three different tunes on my auto. First was the Bama tune. I really woke the car up vs. stock. Then I tried the VMP and it is really great all around. I was one of the guys who hounded AED to put out a lope tune for the auto and was one of the first with the tune. Shauns tunes are safe because he keeps the timing stock and makes power with cam timing and other wizardry.

If I was ever to go to another tuner it probably would be AED... or Lund. How's the driveabilty with the cammed tune on your auto? Does it hesitate or buck when first taking off or?

TheYeti

Established Member
If I was ever to go to another tuner it probably would be AED... or Lund. How's the driveabilty with the cammed tune on your auto? Does it hesitate or buck when first taking off or?

I would like to know as well cause I would definitely be interested in that tune

o2gt

Established Member
I was wondering I have an sct tuner from my last mustang , can I use it again? I'm thinking I need a new tuner but thought I would ask.

TheYeti

Established Member
I was wondering I have an sct tuner from my last mustang , can I use it again? I'm thinking I need a new tuner but thought I would ask.

depends on the model number and if its unlocked. If the model number is ok but locked, you would have to send it to SCT to unlock for $150.

The model number has to start with a certain sequence. I cant remember what it is but have it somewhere in my emails. I'll see if I can find it.

o2gt

Established Member
Thanks it was from breenspeed I tuned my 2009 bullitt. I have no Idea if it's locked. why are some locked and others not?

acrbill

Established Member
locked means you tuned the car with it and did not return it back to stock before selling it. When I sold my first 2011 I flashed it back to stock in the dealer lot and used it on my new 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread