Who's from Iowa?

03snkvert

Established Member
when he came to me, it had a built motor with cams and slightly ported heads... the power was made with a 76mm SMALL FRAME turbo from hellion... according to John Urist, 800rwhp is about hte max we could expect... well, we made a little more :)

Good to hear :rockon:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
A tuner day could be cool. I'd definitely want to get a bunch of mods done right away so I could take full advantage of it.

I'd like to find a lift we could use around here. >< Would be fun to get together to work on each others rides. I'm gonna be doing full suspension work on mine this spring/summer (springs, sway bars, shocks, a k-brace to replace to hitch, panhard bar, t-bars). I might have to pay someone to do it because it's a pain in the ass to do all of that with my one-car garage.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
i know that Ryan from Ice Works said that there is a dyno going in soon in the Des Moines area... i will be coming out there in the spring POSSIBLY if we can get 6+ cars lined up

zeus201

Established Member
Lund Motors has a dyno, but not quite sure how other shops work with other "tuners" come in.

However, I'd for sure be in!!! Like I said before, I'm sure there would be enough of us that would like to have their cars custom tuned.

03snkvert

Established Member
i know that Ryan from Ice Works said that there is a dyno going in soon in the Des Moines area... i will be coming out there in the spring POSSIBLY if we can get 6+ cars lined up

That would be Awesome! I am almost positive there are four of us already! So finding a couple more should be no problem. I will post this up on a local forum and see what they have to say. I will drop in the link also.

http://www.midamericamusclecar.com/PHPbb2/viewtopic.php?p=21764#21764

03snkvert

Established Member
A tuner day could be cool. I'd definitely want to get a bunch of mods done right away so I could take full advantage of it.

I'd like to find a lift we could use around here. >< Would be fun to get together to work on each others rides. I'm gonna be doing full suspension work on mine this spring/summer (springs, sway bars, shocks, a k-brace to replace to hitch, panhard bar, t-bars). I might have to pay someone to do it because it's a pain in the ass to do all of that with my one-car garage.

If it is something you don't have to do all at once we can start getting some of it done here and there. If you have a link to some of the stuff, post it up so we can see what it takes.

Did you ever check out the Cal Trac bars (traction bars) http://www.calvertracing.com/

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I went through the gallery trying to find some pictures of the actual bars, but they're all pics of customer cars launching.

The stuff I'm gonna be picking up:

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/hotchkis-tvs-total-vehicle-system-lightning-p-255.html Plus the hotchkis-bilstein shocks

http://www.dm-racing.net/f150_panhard_bar_kit.htm Not sure if you have to dump the diff fluid to install this or not

http://www.dm-racing.net/spyder_kit_2.htm this is all bolt on, uses the rear hangers and the holes from the hitch. Braces the rear up nice to get rid of some of the twist.

And the t-bars are undecided. Gonna have to research them some more.

03snkvert

Established Member
If you go here and scroll down a little, there is a cad rendering of what they look like ( http://www.calvertracing.com/info/info.htm ) I had them for my Camaro and they are VERY nice, at one time my buddy was an authorized dealer so I can maybe get them a little cheaper.

As far as the other stuff the only thing that really looks difficult is the Pan hard bar kit. The TVS kit looks like it could be done in 1 day, like a Saturday in the spring! Maybe by then my buddy will have a lift and we can go use it!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Oh, I forgot the camber washer/bolt kit for the Hotchkis, too.

As far as those Caltrac's go... do you think they'd be problematic with the fiberglass leafs in the Hotchkis suspension? I had planned on going with frame-mounted bars to avoid putting stress on them. I honestly don't have any experience with fiberglass leafs, though.

zeus201

Established Member
I've been cruising around the terminator market section and noticed that color I wanted to buy originally (Oxford White); there are a quite a bit of them for sale. If I could ever sell my car, I'd be on my way to get a white one (I'm a sucker for white mustangs w/black rims).

Would you guys take a different color over the one you've got now?

03snkvert

Established Member
Oh, I forgot the camber washer/bolt kit for the Hotchkis, too.

As far as those Caltrac's go... do you think they'd be problematic with the fiberglass leafs in the Hotchkis suspension? I had planned on going with frame-mounted bars to avoid putting stress on them. I honestly don't have any experience with fiberglass leafs, though.

Not sure, I wouldn't think they would because they just take out the spring wrap. That is something we could check on!

I've been cruising around the terminator market section and noticed that color I wanted to buy originally (Oxford White); there are a quite a bit of them for sale. If I could ever sell my car, I'd be on my way to get a white one (I'm a sucker for white mustangs w/black rims).

I would love a Sonic Blue 03/04 but I don't know now with the work I have done and money I have spent!

Skrapmetal

Established Member

Of the factory colors for L's, no. I really like black... but mine needs a paintjob to look as good as it should.

I will say though, one of the best looking L's I've seen on these boards was a red one. It had a perfect stance, chromed grills, and Boyd Smoothie II's.

As far as termi's go... I'd want black, comp orange, or either of the yellows.

Sonic blue is a beautiful color, but it's just not for me.

zeus201

Established Member
Of the factory colors for L's, no. I really like black... but mine needs a paintjob to look as good as it should.

Just buy a PC. I'm going to get one this spring w/Menzerna SIP and 106FF. I've seen some photos of before and after and that combo is awesome.

There's a guy on this board w/an L that is black with a billet front grill, some black rims, and different hood and it's my favorite L.

One of these decades I'll have a 03/04 white vert.

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
porter cable? Wont do the trick for me... I've got that spiderweb cracked paint on the ground effect, and a couple scratches all the way through the paint.

I'm gonna paint the grills to match, get black Ford emblems, and possibly put a different hood on it anyway.

03snkvert

Established Member
porter cable? Wont do the trick for me... I've got that spiderweb cracked paint on the ground effect, and a couple scratches all the way through the paint.

I'm gonna paint the grills to match, get black Ford emblems, and possibly put a different hood on it anyway.

I know a couple painters and body men when you come down to that!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I've got one, TMC (across the river from Sec Taylor Stadium, or whatever they call it now). But I'm definitely gonna shop around, I'm not gonna settle for anything less than show quality.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Woot! Woot! Hell I forgot I had a computer. We got the old motor out and damn it was a major b!@#h. Brought the heads and crank into the arnold motor supply to get checked, all is good with them now. Iam gonna built the a stock long block and sell it and proceed to drop the built motor in. I took number 7 and 8 rods right out of the sides of the block. Got pics of it, kinda embarssed to show them. But I guess u live and learn. So whats everybody up to these days, playin in the snow. LOL.

03snkvert

Established Member
Smaller Pulley and idlers (pulleys tomorrow) and a tune in the spring. Deff post up the pics of 7 and 8!

zeus201

Established Member
Gofast, hopefully you have your truck ready by spring. Did you ever go with a Whipple / KB? Going to have to do some gtg w/the rest of the svt crew plus some. I can't wait till spring, going to take the car to get retuned and run it at Cedar Rapids quarter mile track.

Users who are viewing this thread