Whoahhhhhh! Email notification wacky!

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Earlier today I deleted 60 or so duplicate email notification of a new response being posted in the "ChrisNelson" thread in the Gen 2 Lightning forum.

Just now I had 95 new email notifications pop up all at once, notifying me of a response being posted, but yet again, all the emails are duplicates....notifying me of the same post....and again it was in the "ChrisNelson" thread.

Is the email notification software going whacky?

Stewart

BTW, this isn't the first time I've received duplicate notifications. But it is the first time it's been more than 10.

whiplash306

Established Member
.....and yet I still get NOTHING!!!! I've made sure everything is "correct" in my user cp section....still NOTHING....what gives?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
SID297 said:
Still having email troubles?

Yes, I'm still getting multiple notifications, but usually less than a dozen, and not always multiples. Sometimes it's one, most times it's three to five.

Only for a week or so of my posting the original question did I get more than 80 notifications, and that was only a few times. 95 was the highest amount.

I still get the occasional burst of 15 to 20 though.

Stewart

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Hey guys....
Not to overstep or anything, but I am a programmer,:idea: and the symptoms look like the system is sending out an email for each 'subscribed' user to each subscribed user....

So if 9 people are subscribed, then 9 copies to each..

Depending on how it's written, this could be an easy mistake to make.....

Just a thought

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's an issue with this version of vB. We'll be upgrading soon, and that should fix it. If it doesn't then I'm going to turn off email notification until they get their programing fied.

stangbear427

Established Member
I'd rather get too many notifications than none at all. It's easy enough to deal with, just a little annoying. Besides, then what would we have to bitch about? Also, it's simple for anyone who'd rather not get 90 clone emails to just unsubscribe and change it in their user preferences until it gets all sorted out.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
stangbear427 said:
I'd rather get too many notifications than none at all. It's easy enough to deal with, just a little annoying. Besides, then what would we have to bitch about? Also, it's simple for anyone who'd rather not get 90 clone emails to just unsubscribe and change it in their user preferences until it gets all sorted out.

That works if you're only subscribed to a few threads and don't have a job to do here.
But when you are subscribed to a LOT of threads it gets very annoying.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Same problem here. It's been doing it for well over a month, I believe I PM'd SID297 a few weeks ago wondering if it was just me.

whiplash306

Established Member
SID297 said:
Still having email troubles?
I'm still not getting ANY email notifications...it's very hard to be a contributing member around here, all while trying to keep up with every thread that I've participated in...my memory is failin' me....ha

Stormin

Established Member
whiplash306 said:
I'm still not getting ANY email notifications...it's very hard to be a contributing member around here, all while trying to keep up with every thread that I've participated in...my memory is failin' me....ha

Same Here :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread