Who would interested in custom SCT tuning in Texas !!!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I am trying to gauge interest in getting one of the better tuners around to come down to TX to do some SCT tuning on our cars. I'm trying to see how many people would be interested in getting their cars tuned by Herman of Horsepower by Herman in MD. He would be willing to come down to TX and do some tuning here if we could get several people interested. I would need solid commitment from all interested parties, as Herman will have to incur in expenses related with his travel and time to make this happen...

At this time I want to gauge how many would be interested in something like this:

1. xtremejc + 1 more
3. Coleman
4. Evan
5. Steve D.
6. Scott
7. SVT T3
8. Adamb258
9. 03Blacksnake
10. BigZach
11. Snake40
12. Spinscan
13. G's Lightning
14. ???

I will limit the tuning to the first 20 people interested as Herman can only spend 2 days here in the DFW area... When the time comes and the date is set I will ask of all of you for a solid commitment in the form of a deposit to guarantee your tunning spot... All moneys will be applied to the cost of the tune...

More to follow soon...

Last edited:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I'm interested. When are u planning this and what is he charging for his tuning?
(ballpark figure)
I need to know when so I can get my port done asap if this goes through.
Let me know
thanks
Scott

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Hopefully within the next 4-8 weeks or so... Not sure on price yet but it should be on par with what most other SCT or Diablo dealers do for tuning...

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Sounds good. Count me in for sure if pricing is reasonable. Keep us posted on any further info
Thanks

:beer:
Scott

adamb258

Established Member
OK i MIGHTbe interested based on a few things.

1. would be willign willign to do my mach, or is this a cobra only thing?

2. Is it a flash, chip, etc?

3. $$$

I am getting lon gtubes and maybe a few more bolt ons pretty soon and coudl prolyl benefit from a good tune.

Just let me know

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
adamb258 said:
OK i MIGHTbe interested based on a few things.

1. would be willign willign to do my mach, or is this a cobra only thing?

2. Is it a flash, chip, etc?

3. $$$

I am getting lon gtubes and maybe a few more bolt ons pretty soon and coudl prolyl benefit from a good tune.

Just let me know

He can do any FORD vehicle with either a flash or chip... I will get an idea on timeframe and $$$ as soon as this week...

adamb258

Established Member
well if he can flash my car and not chip it that would be much better for me. I am not sure when I will have my long tubes in though it prolly wont be untill after christmas so I prolly wont be ready in time for this

SVT T3

Established Member
Put me down! I definitely want in on this when he comes. I want to get a new SCT maf and get my car tuned right!

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Subscribing.....I have a diablo chip but I also have a superchip lying around...Im about to install a 4lb lower-NOS Kit- and hopefully a ported blower-TB-plenum....So a tune will REALLY be needed.....I guess the location-cost will be a big factor for me....I was gonna go w/ Strictly but who knows???...Definetly curious though----JT

coleman

Established Member
And I really need to get my A/F safe at those lower RPMs.
Please relay pricing information & ETA because as you know, I have a few things in the works -- no pun!

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
I would more than likely be willing to make the trip up depending on the date. I have a 4# lower I'm going to throw on so I will need a retune. I sent you a PM.

Firme

Established Member
just an FYI, Jerry Wrebeleski (sp?) himself comes to Beaumont, TX every 6-8 months, and he is due down soon, but is needing interest to come down. He is prolly one of the top Modular tuners in the country, and one of the Top guys at SCT. :bowdown:

I watched him dynotune a 700 rwhp, KB'd, ported heads and cam'd 03 in a couple of minutes, like it was nothing. The car had come to him after spending 16 hours getting a cutom diablo tune at a Houston shop (name withheld). It was surging, idling real rough, and had a huge throttle response delay. He baselined it with their tune as it sat, pulled the chip out and threw it in the cup holder, and proceeded to tune the car to higher power, smooth idle (for being cam'd of course), no idle issue, and instant throttle respone. :rockon:

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
By any chance was that Larry's beast, when you mentioned 700 I would assume it was his.

Firme said:
just an FYI, Jerry Wrebeleski (sp?) himself comes to Beaumont, TX every 6-8 months, and he is due down soon, but is needing interest to come down. He is prolly one of the top Modular tuners in the country, and one of the Top guys at SCT. :bowdown:

I watched him dynotune a 700 rwhp, KB'd, ported heads and cam'd 03 in a couple of minutes, like it was nothing. The car had come to him after spending 16 hours getting a cutom diablo tune at a Houston shop (name withheld). It was surging, idling real rough, and had a huge throttle response delay. He baselined it with their tune as it sat, pulled the chip out and threw it in the cup holder, and proceeded to tune the car to higher power, smooth idle (for being cam'd of course), no idle issue, and instant throttle respone. :rockon:

MTI LS1

Just need to know how much the tuning is. Very interested in this offer. Really want to get it tuned after my 2lb lower and ported blower. Also, how much is it if you already have an SCT tuner?

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Firme said:

That sounds very good as well. I think it's safe to say Jerry knows the SCT stuff. ;-) Let us know what you find out. :beer:

Firme

Established Member
olchakla said:
By any chance was that Larry's beast, when you mentioned 700 I would assume it was his.

yup, that was Larry's Larry :-D

03blacksnake, I will check and let you guys know.

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Firme said:
yup, that was Larry's Larry :-D

03blacksnake, I will check and let you guys know.

Bump for that...I have many mods about to be thrown on......HOLLER @ ME---Thx JT

Users who are viewing this thread