Who will win? Procharged 96 cobra vs. 03 pullied cobra

musclefan21

Established Member
The car had 200+ lbs out of it :dw:

Take a look here is the record pullied cobra

04yellowcobra............10.76 @ 127.80 w/ 1.466 (6spd/SRA) (2.80 Upper pulley only) Race weight = 3,360.

Here is the record BOLTON mach 1 pass

R/T........ -.009
60'......... 1.461
330'....... 4.466
1/8....... 6.968
MPH..... 98.10
1/4...... 10.957
MPH.... 123.83
Raceweight 3017#

Pretty impressive imo

i m tslking about a cobra going 10.8@126 with ONLY SRA and slicks and skinnies. the cars weight was 3430lbs without the driver. Add a 200lbs driver, 3630lbs race weight, upper only 10.8@126.

What did your bolt ob mach weigh? 1000lbs? :lol:

AGAIN, Show me a bolt on mach 1 without any weight reduction. Slicks and skinnies are alrighy. show me please... ;-)

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
^^^ He is pointing out the same thing you are. You are going to be claiming a low-mid 10 second car with on or around 400 RWHP, right? Almo made around 450 RWHP, and had weight reduction when he was an upper only car. He later ported his blower, and reduced the weight even further, and ran 9's with no nitrous.

musclefan21

Established Member
Show me a full weight cobra running 10s upper pullied only?

Dude, i never claimed a full weight, upper only goes high 10s. You are comarig a bolt.on mach 1 to pullied cobras and then when i ask you to back.it.up, you are showing me a gutted to death bolt.on mach 1 time and comparing that to full weight cobra times. What are.you? A ricer? Whichever direction you go, a bolts on mach 1 gets raped by a pullied cobra. full weight vs full weight, there is a solid second and over 10mph diffeence.

Heck, i showed you a cobra with SRA, on slicks and skinnies, weighing over 3600lbs with the driver running a 10.8.

if you wanna talk, bring some realistic claims to the table. Dont brung me a car gutted to death and compare that crao to my 3870lbs factory weight car's times.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
^^^ He is pointing out the same thing you are. You are going to be claiming a low-mid 10 second car with on or around 400 RWHP, right? Almo made around 450 RWHP, and had weight reduction when he was an upper only car. He later ported his blower, and reduced the weight even further, and ran 9's with no nitrous.

Yes there are a couple ported blower cobras with weight reduction running 9s I know this

Dude, i never claimed a full weight, upper only goes high 10s. You are comarig a bolt.on mach 1 to pullied cobras and then when i ask you to back.it.up, you are showing me a gutted to death bolt.on mach 1 time and comparing that to full weight cobra times. What are.you? A ricer? Whichever direction you go, a bolts on mach 1 gets raped by a pullied cobra. full weight vs full weight, there is a solid second and over 10mph diffeence.

Heck, i showed you a cobra with SRA, on slicks and skinnies, weighing over 3600lbs with the driver running a 10.8.

if you wanna talk, bring some realistic claims to the table. Dont brung me a car gutted to death and compare that crao to my 3870lbs factory weight car's times.

You just told me about a pullied cobra with weight reduction runnning 10.8. I Showed you a comparisson between the pullied record and the weight it had to get down too and the bolt-on mach record which was not a gutted car. Just becasue somebody puts time and money into a car to make it light does not make it a tin can :rollseyes Remember the mach starts out 200lbs lighter.

Also to your last comment there are plenty of bolt on 4vs that are NOT gutted running mid 11s sorry :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

musclefan21

Established Member
Yes there are a couple ported blower cobras with weight reduction running 9s I know this

You just told me about a pullied cobra with weight reduction runnning 10.8. I Showed you a comparisson between the pullied record and the weight it had to get down too and the bolt-on mach record which was not a gutted car just becasue somebody puts time and money into a car to make it light does not make it a tin can :rollseyes: Remember the mach starts out 200lbs lighter.

Also to your last comment there are plenty of bolt on 4vs that are NOT gutted running mid 11s sorry :thumbsup:

Do you speak Engrish? I dont give a rats ass for someone taking the time to ger their car light it doesnt apply to this argument. Show me a full weight bolts on mach 1 times. I mean FULL WEIGHT. Stocks wherls and tires, a complete factory weight car. you are the one who said bolts on mach 1 would be a close race to pullied cobras. No back it up.

I went 11.3@122 and trapped 123. Stock clutch, stock rear, stock wheels.... In fact, on thing i did was, added an air filter, upper pulley, exhaust and tune. Eberything else was stock. Race weight was 3870lbs! Your buddy in a bolts on+geared mach 1 weighing like 3000lbs ran an 11.4... That should tell you something :lol1:

Show me some of those full weight bolts on cars.

When someone starts removing weight off of their car, it changes the game.

you do understand that no matter what direction you go, full weight vs full weight, gutted vs gutted, a pullied cobra absolutely rapes any bolts on mach right??

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Do you speak Engrish? I dont give a rats ass for someone taking the time to ger their car light it doesnt apply to this argument. Show me a full weight bolts on mach 1 times. I mean FULL WEIGHT. Stocks wherls and tires, a complete dactory weight car.

I went 11.3@122 and trapped 123. Stock clutch, stock rear, stick wheels... Show me some of those full weight bolts on cars.

When someone starts removing weight off of their car, it changes the game.

you do understand that no matter what direction you go, full weight vs full weight, gutted vs gutted, a pullied cobra absolutely rapes any bolts on mach right??

This current argument started with me saying my car with full bot-ons would have made a close race with your mid 11sec pullied cobra. So tell me how stock weight blah blah blah has anything to do with shit. Back on topic my car as shown could have ran mid 11s like so many other 4vs have done and made a good race with your pullied cobra as it sits :bash: Your current car ran 11.4 .... 10.76 vs 10.95 sure does not sound like rape :poke:

musclefan21

Established Member
This current argument started with me saying my car with full bot-ons would have made a close race with your mid 11sec pullied cobra. So tell me how stock weight blah blah blah has anything to do with shit. Back on topic my car as shown could have ran mid 11s like so many other 4vs have done and made a good race with your pullied cobra as it sits :bash: Your current car ran 11.4 .... 10.76 vs 10.95 sure does not sound like rape :poke:

Please let me know the race weight of that 10.95 car and then compare that to that 10.7 cobra :lol1:

Anyway. Your car is the fastest. We will see your slips and set up and mine... That will clear a lot of smoke and prove a lot of stuff.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Please let me know the race weight of that 10.95 car and then compare that to that 10.7 cobra :lol1:

Anyway. Your car is the fastest. We will see your slips and set up and mine... That will clear a lot of smoke and prove a lot of stuff.

Learn to read

04yellowcobra............10.76 @ 127.80 w/ 1.466 (6spd/SRA) (2.80 Upper pulley only) Race weight = 3,360.

R/T........ -.009
60'......... 1.461
330'....... 4.466
1/8....... 6.968
MPH..... 98.10
1/4...... 10.957
MPH.... 123.83
Raceweight 3017#

Considering the mach starts off 200lbs lighter It does not have much more weight reduction ;-) Just be gald the mach was not gutted :)

Last edited by a moderator:

musclefan21

Established Member
Learn to read

R/T........ -.009
60'......... 1.461
330'....... 4.466
1/8....... 6.968
MPH..... 98.10
1/4...... 10.957
MPH.... 123.83
Raceweight 3017#

Considering the mach starts off 200lbs lighter It does not have much more weight reduction ;-) Just be gald the mach was not gutted :)

learn to read? Have you read what i posted earlier? 3630lbs race weight, upper only 10.8@126mph. That mach is 600lbs lighter, yet still ran slower ET and MPH. OWNED!!!

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
learn to read? Have you read what i posted earlier? 3630lbs race weight, upper only 10.8@126mph. That mach is 600lbs lighter, yet still ran slower ET and MPH. OWNED!!!

link? At the end of the day fastest to fastest is a close race when one has a blower :lol1: Owned

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
How are you guys still argueing about the same thing you were argueing about 20 pages ago?? That is what's funny to me ahahahaha.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Not true the blower car cost more to buy :shrug:

An eaton swap is a lot less expensive than your built motor, cams and ported heads. It's common knowledge going the N/A route is much more expensive and gives you fewer gains.

Users who are viewing this thread