Who to tune my car (Or, tired of waiting for Lund Racing)?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Lund is a busy Guy. Tuning is a side thing for him. Probably takes up more of his time then his main job. Go through Van, that way you'll get the customer service to put you at ease. There are a lot of tuners out there. Just find one that you feel comfortable with. In today's technology world it makes no difference where they are. Just have to get a time set and remote tune.

srk1959

Established Member
Ha! Ha! Paid Leathal $450.00 of customer money for a tune from Lund racing. To this day I never have received a tune. It has been going on almost 3 month's. They had some kind of problem with their SCT software and it wouldn't go closed loop. I got sick of waiting after 3 weeks of datalogging and dyno time. I tuned the car myself since I have the SCT software too. I never told the customer that Lund Racing didn't do the tune. I didn't want him pissed about the $450.00. 03 Cobra 3.4 Whipple with Leathal return style fuel system. He says the car runs great! You have another fan Jon! He thinks your the best! Seriously.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I would not use PTuning or Excessive. You can go to Evolution in PA, which isn't too far of a drive, and have it dyno tuned by Lund. They can either send him the data logs real time or link up when he is there. That's what I did for my first tune and I spend most of my time in N. VA. I had Excessive install my gears but that was it...they are good for Terms.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm going out on a limb, not to detract from any specific customers needs but tuning the Hellion kit is just not an every day type of tune. It's not a car that can be remotely tuned like most roots/twin screw style cars easily. Not many out there and they can be complicated. I wouldn't remote tune it, I would drive to Evo and get an appt. with Jon in person.

Most dont care for the Hellion kit due to design. Jon is building his company to compete or should I say dominate in the TT industry with the 5.0's. Hellion builds TT kits, Twinturbo5.0.com builds twinturbo kits........slight conflict of interest. Twinturbo5.0.com is in direct competition with Hellion with the new TT 5.0 kit. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Most dont care for the Hellion kit due to design. Jon is building his company to compete or should I say dominate in the TT industry with the 5.0's. Hellion builds TT kits, Twinturbo5.0.com builds twinturbo kits........slight conflict of interest. Twinturbo5.0.com is in direct competition with Hellion with the new TT 5.0 kit. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

I was about to say the same thing. Jon is in the twin turbo business. Tuning Hellion's kits is a conflict of interest. If I had a competing TT kit, and was the #1 renowned tuner in the country, there is no way I would tune the competitors TT kits because very few had the ability.

Just my opinion, but I guarantee.....it's 99.999% accurate why the OP isn't getting a response.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I was about to say the same thing. Jon is in the twin turbo business. Tuning Hellion's kits is a conflict of interest. If I had a competing TT kit, and was the #1 renowned tuner in the country, there is no way I would tune the competitors TT kits because very few had the ability.

Just my opinion, but I guarantee.....it's 99.999% accurate why the OP isn't getting a response.

The message that Jon wrote to me, he said that he didn't like the kit, but that he would tune it, and gave me a price. This was 10 days ago. That's the last I've heard of anything.

I don't want the car remote tuned, that's not an option for me. Like I said, I don't mind driving to get it tuned, hell - I flew 700 miles just to get the car. I'll check into all of the suggestions and go from there. Thanks.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.

I'm not so sure about this one UB. Jon Lund has worked with John Urist in the past and has tuned a bunch of Hellion systems on the Terminators. It's not really Jon's style to try to get a leg up on the competition by having bad customer service on their systems by not following through when he's contacted. I feel it's more an issue of he's busy as shiat. Not an excuse for Rotor_powerd, just an explanantion.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I'm not so sure about this one UB. Jon Lund has worked with John Urist in the past and has tuned a bunch of Hellion systems on the Terminators. It's not really Jon's style to try to get a leg up on the competition by having bad customer service on their systems by not following through when he's contacted. I feel it's more an issue of he's busy as shiat. Not an excuse for Rotor_powerd, just an explanantion.

Business can be dog eat dog. I've watched hands that were feeding get bit in this business. The hand immediately stopped feeding.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
Kevin Hand at Wicked Motorsports He's in Ocean NJ. If you want his info Pm me Ill get you in touch with him. He does every car that roll's thru my shop from 5.0's to Ford GT's

GreggsSVT

Established Member
Jon is a great guy. A real professional. He's just very busy. Imo I would wait and have him do the tune. You won't be disappointed

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
didn't he say he wanted a local tuner near D.C.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick Google shows them to be about 10 hours away, that's not out of reach for me. The car runs and drives fine as is, so I don't have to go through the hassle of trailering it.

j3st3r

Established Member
A quick Google shows them to be about 10 hours away, that's not out of reach for me. The car runs and drives fine as is, so I don't have to go through the hassle of trailering it.

Then let me be the 1st or 2nd to recommend them then, they are great, they tuned mine(2013 GT). Their customer service too is second to none

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Jon and Ken are some the best in the industry, patience is key.

You're not understanding. I have plenty of patience, and I don't mind waiting weeks/months to have my car tuned. That's not an issue.

What I don't have is time to put up with bullshit - Jon Lund can't get to my car for 6 months? That's fine, but I find it hard to believe that he or Ken can't take 30 seconds out of their day and send me an email to let me know. If I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars to have my car tuned, and spend a whole day driving to have it done, then I think it's fair to expect some level of communication.

Snake500

Chelo
Established Member
I'm going out on a limb, not to detract from any specific customers needs but tuning the Hellion kit is just not an every day type of tune. It's not a car that can be remotely tuned like most roots/twin screw style cars easily. Not many out there and they can be complicated. I wouldn't remote tune it, I would drive to Evo and get an appt. with Jon in person.

i agree +1

Users who are viewing this thread