Who to tune my car (Or, tired of waiting for Lund Racing)?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking to have the tune on my recently-purchased Hellion GT500 cleaned up a little, and to implement the meth kit that is on the car. I would prefer to have it dyno tuned, in person, and by someone who has decent experience with turbo/compounded cars. I am located right outside of Washington D.C., but certainly don't mind driving to have the job done right. Who is the best person to take my car to within a reasonable distance?

Side note -

It's been almost a month since I've contacted Lund Racing, and in that time, I have gotten absolutely nowhere. It took sending a Facebook message to Lund Racing to even get a response from Jon. That is absolutely unacceptable "customer service." I'm tired of playing the waiting game. Apparently they don't want my money, or don't need it, since they seem to have plenty of time to plaster their new 2013 GT500 all over Facebook. That's fine by me, I can just as easily take my business elsewhere, and will - they can't say I didn't try to give them my money. :nonono:

I understand he is very busy with his normal job, as well as working with Evolution on their 2013 GT500, but it takes no more than 30 seconds to send an email saying "I'm really busy with X and Y, I'll respond back within the next however many days/weeks/months." I in no way consider myself more important than anyone else, but a quick note giving me a general timeline of where we stand would be nice.

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I don't know why it's hard to get in touch, but Lund tuning is great. Ken B is the man as well as Jon. Try to PM him here on the site name is KenB I think.

Or you can get in touch with Van and buy tune via him and he can middle man you with Lund and get in touch faster.

I just got tuned with them this past Wednesday and car is rock solid.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know why it's hard to get in touch, but Lund tuning is great. Ken B is the man as well as Jon. Try to PM him here on the site name is KenB I think.

PM'd him on here 9 day ago and never heard anything. After that, I sent them a message on Facebook, and that's what finally got Jon himself to send me an email, and I have yet to hear anything after that. I'm done with playing games and trying to get in contact with anyone. Sure, Lund may be "the best," but I'd rather have my car tuned by "the second best" and have someone actually respond to my inquiries. :bored:

I'll shoot an email to VMP and Revan. Thanks. :beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Keep it local if you can. Mail orders are ok, but for piece of mind I would get it on a real dyno for the proper tune. Did you try Performance Autosport in Va.?

j3st3r

Established Member
Ptuning is very good, talk to Andrew, Toan,or Mr.C

Address: 9432 Center Point Lane, Manassas, VA 20110
Phone: (703) 257-1728

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Local tuner IMO.....
Jon and Justin do great jobs tuning these cars, but I personally like the personal dyno tune option if these two are not able to do that. You're lucky in that you live in a area where there are very capable folks that would do a very nice job: Dave Guy up in Dillsburg, Pa, Horsepower by Hermann in Beltsville, Md, Johnny Wiker (my old tuner...excellent IMO), in Lancaster, Pa to name a few.

And although it sounds like Jon is no longer an option to you, he occasionally comes down to Maryland to do custom dyno tuning. Jon's a busy man and can understand your frustration, but he does have an excellent understanding of tuning these cars.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I know what you mean being frustrated waiting for responses. Unfortunately for me I have nobody local to tune my car that knows anything about the GT500. Have you registered at lund racing and submitted a ticket? I had pretty quick responses from KB doing that. Also bj at VMP is very good about responding in a timely fashion to emails.

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
I had Carl @comp auto do my car. Has the same kit minus the meth. So far no issues with the car. But would be a drive from dc about 5 hours

Swyped while swerving

Seer

Banned
I'm pretty sure he is at Carlisle right now, for the Ford Nationals. I sent him a log on monday after they requested it for some wot tuning for the remote session I purchased and haven't heard anything back since.

I am willing to bet they're busy there :D

bull3441

Established Member
I know what you mean being frustrated waiting for responses. Unfortunately for me I have nobody local to tune my car that knows anything about the GT500. Have you registered at lund racing and submitted a ticket? I had pretty quick responses from KB doing that. Also bj at VMP is very good about responding in a timely fashion to emails.
Shelbymark lives in NM, maybe you shuold pm him to see who tunes his monster.

kleen93gt

Established Member
I just trailered my 2010 7hrs. one way to have Kevin Hand (wicked motorsports) tune my car. Worth every minute of the ride!

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
To bad youre so far from Florida. The guy that tunes my cars has done quite a bit on compound boost GT500 stuff.

Last edited:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
My local tuner in Houston just tuned a compound boost car and did 1200+hp through an automatic. He has a couple more he is building about to be tuned in the next couple of months.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
Or if you want to drive to Pittsburgh, Wolfpack Speed. Thats where I got mine done in May 2010. It was a remote Jon Lund tune.

Users who are viewing this thread