Who Still Uses XP?

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
XP is End of Service as of April this year. April 8th, 2014. I would advise you to upgrade to any variant of Windows 7 , 64Bit. For the Tech Savvy Users, I would Recommend a Win7/8/Ubuntu Multi Boot configuration in your near future. Made that jump to finally have access to Windows 8 when i want instead of just on another computer and i have to say it looks smooth on a 70" TV :D

jrandy

Established Member
I was pro XP for the longest time, but have actually grown to really like 7.

I think that when Vista came out it put such a bad taste in my mouth that I never really gave 7 a chance. When I went to run XBMC I was forced to upgrade from XP to 7 and haven't looked back.

mr2cam

Established Member
I have windows 7 at home, xp at work, but were upgrading to 7 or 8 here shortly, if we go to 8 we will use the classic shell.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i ended up just sticking with 7 for now when I rebuilt my home theater pc. Ive got 8.1 on my touchscreen laptop and its fine but I pretty much just surf the web on it

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
We run XP on a large network at work. I grew tired of it a few years ago. Then we finally got some new workstations for my department with Windows 7 and I love it. Much more intuitive than XP and has been rock solid for my department. No experience with 8 but I've heard it's not as bad as people make it out to be. The interface is what most people seem to not be able to adapt to.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
My work laptop is XP and I am not due for a refresh until September on that.

I have XP, Vista and 7 running on my home PCs and laptops. One of the laptops will probably have to stay XP, it runs my CD changer based music system and the company the built it closed up in 2000.

I tried migrating it to a new laptop with 7 on it and it worked sporadically, maybe the USB serial port had issues, not sure.

We bought my father in-law a new Dell, with 8 on it, for Christmas a couple years ago and after a few months he said he would rather have his 1999 Dell with XP back so I installed 7 and he has been happy.

I personally did not like the 8 interface, but I am sure old guys like me are not the target audience.

-Brian

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I have xp on a desktop at work. We need xp to run AutoCAD 14 and 2000. its not hooked up to the internet or anything though. its solely used for AutoCAD. XP was never a bad version. I actually stayed with xp till win 7 came out. I also have windows 7 on a desktop at work and on my personal laptop. I really like win 7. I wanted to like windows 8 but it hasn't grown on me enough to want it on my own pc.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm really shocked to see all the dislike for Windows 8. Then again, I used to have a Windows phone and loved it too, so I don't know.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I won't use Windows 8. Have loved Windows 7. My favorite Windows OS.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive gotten used to windows 8 on my home laptop and its really not that bad. It really annoyed me trying to find stuff at first but if you go to the app screen or whatever just type it in and itll pull up whatever youre lookin for

things like changing the name of windows explorer after umpteen years to file explorer are annoying as shit though

87hatchy

Established Member
I don't see why everyone hates windows 8 so much? :shrug: Hands down it is a fact that it is way faster than any previous Windows OS. Yeah the "Modern UI" sucks big ass. So what? I just dont use the damn thing. boot up and have the desktop "tile" the first thing so just hit enter and you are immediately at the desktop and never have to see the modern UI again.

If you are on XP still...then :nonono:....just :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread