Who Still Uses XP?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have XP and WIN8. I find XP easier to navigate since it's a familiar setup, but WIN8 isn't so bad once you get used to it. I haven't upgraded to WIN8.1 yet, but I believe they brought the start button back, so it would be somewhat familiar.

If you are happy with what you have, I see no reason to upgrade.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I do on my home laptop, it had vista on it when i got it.

My work CPU has windows 7 on it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the main thing with XP is no more updates/support from Microsoft meaning everyone else will drop it too shortly if they havent already so no more security patches or anything like that. If theres nothing on the computer that matters than I wouldnt worry about it until something comes along that just wont work on XP

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I still use it at home, and we have a few PC's at work that still use it.
I will be moving to Windows 7 shortly though, as Microsoft support and updates for XP ends on April 8, 2014.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
W8 is garnered towards touch screen devices where the standard mouse oriented desktop interface would be a hindrance to touch compatiblity.

While W8 does have a desktop mode, you are better off going with W7.

XP is lulz. 2002 wants their OS back.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
the main thing with XP is no more updates/support from Microsoft meaning everyone else will drop it too shortly if they havent already so no more security patches or anything like that. If theres nothing on the computer that matters than I wouldnt worry about it until something comes along that just wont work on XP

I read that the other day. I still have vista on my desktop which works well for me but I really only browse the net.

Mxfrench

Established Member
Win 8 sucksssssssssssssssssssssssss
can add video or sound cards they lock the bios xp or 7 far better

20redfire03

Established Member
We still use it at work on most comptuers. I have told them that XP support is being dropped and their could be security risks but so far nothing has happened yet. At home Ive had XP, Vista, 7 and now 8.1. All worked great till the computer themselves crapped out.

4601S/C

Established Member
Jumped from XP to W7 in 2010. I like W7 alot. I hear good things about W8.1. I probably won't jump ship from W7 until support expires for it though.

ViciousJay

Established Member

oRIEdiH.gif

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Have windows 8.1 could not stand it at first with the app screen. I downloaded the "classic shell" which gives you the start button in the bottom left hand corner that we have all become accustomed to and all is well.

wht93gted

Established Member

thats not windows, thats the computer OEM. It's also called secure boot, the BIOS is still completely available.

I use XP at home, 7 & 8 at work. I like 7 and 8, no real complaints towards either. Nothing I use is touch screen, the desktop mode of 8 works just fine. Takes about a week to learn all the little things, and I actually find it easier now.

TO each their own. Until my desktop at home craps out, I'll just leave XP on it.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Windows 7. I hate Windows 8 with a passion. XP was good for its time, but I'd go with 7 simply to be a bit more up to date.

This, I like 7. Played on 8 at Best Buy, I don't know why the hell they tried to reinvent the Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread