Who says radials dont work for stick cars!!!

Poppacapp

Established Member
The Pro's are VERY harsh on a stick shift driveline. It's not a matter of IF it will break.. it's a matter of WHEN. I considered going the Pro route and after some reading up, decided it's not worth leaving my rear axle at the track.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I can tell you that my car left much more violent on slicks then it did these radials i know it sound crazy. But i swear to you the launch was leaps and bounds smoother of a launch . see video below . 6500 rpm 2 step Rev Auto Bolt On Coyote - YouTube

Maybe how it felt to you... but slicks have ALOT more give on the launch than the radial. It WILL shock the drivetrain much more than a slick. The Pro's are a perfect tire for an auto car though.

And TBH, this setup may work great.. I wanted to go this route so I could drive to the track on them instead of switching out slicks. But I just don't want to spit parts out on the launch.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
makes sense we compaired the new radials to the old radials and 28x10.50 stiff wall slick

Old 275/60/15 | 35 lbs tire weight | side wall extremly STIFF

Mickey pros 275/35/15 | 29.5 lbs almost a full inch wider than the old 275 | sidewall soft

28x10.5 SW Slicks | 25.5 lbs less than 1/4 inch wider than the mickey pros | sidewall wasent greatly stiffer then the pro noticeably yes but not to a extreme like the old radials

now being as ive had 325 old radials | 28x10.5 slick | and the new pro

Best street performers have been the pros no burnout 5500 rpm on street no issue . followed by the slicks (need big burnout to work on street. street driving burns them quick ) plus not a fun tire to drive on the street . | the 325 radials well they just sucked ......

trust me i was the biggest slick fan there was i loved every part about slicks until i got on these bad boys

Last edited:

Taderzngravy

Established Member
Nice times. I almost went to cecil last sat but I heard that the track prep was a hot cup of ass.

Your vid with the slicks seems like cecil's typical mo when it comes to track prep.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
yeah the prep was still terrible everyone but me was having spinning issues that day. I was just over there like not today shitty track prep !!!!

it ok though what they make up for in shitty track prep they make up for because theyre down hill 90 degrees (rolls eyes) thats why my car rolls backwards at the line ...

sorry if noone likes cecil times but its my closest track and iv been just as fast at every other surrounding track . MIR , Maple Grove , Crapitol , ATCO ,

ITS THE STATE NOT THE TRACK !!!! we get cold weather dont yell at me people lol .. im sensitive

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
I don't blame you for pulling the seats for weight savings. Was just curious if you knew what it weighed for the pass.

What was the DA?

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
DA had to have been good ....maybe in the negatives . i think the seat with seat track has to be 60 or more pounds . im going to put those amazing 40 dollar plastic seats in it though .

Dave_6

Established Member
Next time mine goes to the track the passenger seat is coming out. I'll have to remove the back seat when I install my UCA and mount so I'm just going to leave it out. Doesn't get used anyways.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Since I didn't see it posted...what's done to the rear to take the abuse of that many launches? My car spit out the factory traction loc at the ABM fall nats event on its 13th sticky tire pass.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Since I didn't see it posted...what's done to the rear to take the abuse of that many launches? My car spit out the factory traction loc at the ABM fall nats event on its 13th sticky tire pass.

Nothing I was there aswell . We were one of the supporting vendors . stock factory 3.73 rear .

Users who are viewing this thread