Who says radials dont work for stick cars!!!

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Mickey Thompson Pro Radials

This is just a short video from last sat. Im putting together the rest of the videos as we speak . I figured everyone would get a kick out of how great these new radials work never had one issue of them blowing the tires off!!! I couldnt leave hard enough . The Video is 7500 rpm clucth dump on radials really really bogging the car down to a terrible 60 .

7500 rpm clutch dump on radials - YouTube

11161502146_f9b6da9a53_o.jpg

P.S new personal best 11.10 122 bogging

Shocks Are full lose in the front . 2.5 down from full stiff in the rear . 17.5 psi in tires

Last edited:

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Then explain why my stock driveshaft is still alive with 1.48 60s and lower . then again it might be a Wednesday built car

Mach.OHH

Established Member
its not guaranteed to break he is just saying there is more stress with DRs on a stick shift

doesnt mean every launch will break things

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It won't break off the bat, but it will probably break sooner than a stick car with bias plys.

Still impressive nonetheless man!

It's definitely an option for someone that street races way more than they race at the track, while still giving them an option to drive around on radials daily

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Yeah, those M/T Pro's ain't no joke. Radials work with a stick car, just need the suspension work to keep them planted.

scott_0

Established Member
Don't think it's that they don't work, just that they are harder on a stick shift driveline than a slick is

that's not it at all, it's the fact that DR's generally do not react well to the abrupt hit of a clutch drop compared to the softer launch of an auto. OP, nice runs! is that Cecil?

86merc

Established Member
Nice ET and MPH.

What did the car weigh? I notice you have the passenger seat and rear seats removed. Still on the stock intake manifold?

Screamin363

Established Member
I have a great 2 pc and wrapped up (like a taco) shaft from the MT pro radials. They hooked better with my stick than the slicks did!

The pros are not like any other radial!!
Wish I could post pics from my phone.

Mine was done on the first 2step launch with 3psi boost

D.T.R

Established Member
^ dude, there is just no doubt and no questions asked that a manual is harder on your driveline...
just because your stock driveshaft hasn't broke YET, it doesn't change the fact.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Home > Strip > ET Street Radial Pro
ET Street Radial Pro

Purpose built race tire for classes requiring a P275/60R15 (Material # 90000001536) size tire.

Next generation construction designed to take more power for better launches
Reduced tread pattern for maximum traction
Race only. Not for street use.

Damn not for street use.

Teej281

Established Member
Sounds like you need to slip the clutch more than you are to keep the revs up. Get times though man! Keep it up! And don't let it bog!

86merc

Established Member
Their regular drag radials are not meant for street driving in all conditions. They are made for traction on a drag strip, not driving in rain or snow. But the Pro has even less grooves for water sipping

lindermant

Established Member
nice run, and bad ass pic!

would running a bit more tire pressure help reduce the bog off the line?

Last edited:

13DIB5.0

Established Member
dang good pass and awesome choice of color, I personally don't see a point in running a radial unless it was street legal as I don't race classes, so slicks for me, but they are a bad tire!

Users who are viewing this thread