Who says radials dont work for stick cars!!!

The Guz

Established Member
Then explain why my stock driveshaft is still alive with 1.48 60s and lower . then again it might be a Wednesday built car

i agree radials are better, but i guarentee you WILL break that stock drive shaft after a while, i ran like that about 10-15 times leaving at 5500 and it finally broke lol twisted up like a pretzel

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Ok im on my phone so i am going to try my best to answer some questions

Car has 200 + passes on it 170 maybe more on a 28x10.5 slick
Im much more in love with the radials (no sway)

My friend sends me picture of a driveshaft broken every day

I HAVE A WEDNESDAY DRIVESHAFT DAMNIT

yes its stock manifold

Rear seat was out because i never drilled the holes for the rear bars for the cage

Pass seat out because ... Well because racecar .. (Just kidding put it back in for the gf on the ride home)

Im a little stupid so i have no problems riding around on my slicks on the street . One of the reason why i went to a radial is i was chewing threw slicks and they didnt work as well on the street as the radials do ... My cars built to hook on a street in dirt

I can tell you after scary experience of driving slick in the rain . I was scared poopless when i had to drive in the rain on the radials .. I can tell you it wasn't a issue

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Car is hauling ass! Adam's tunes are top notch, always hearing good things about him.

Where is the slip at? 1/8th ET and MPH?

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
nice run, and bad ass pic!

would running a bit more tire pressure help reduce the bog off the line?

Yes but i was being hard headed and lazy and didnt feel like driving to the air tank to put more pressure in ... I could have stiffened the front up to slow the transfer down . I was just so affraid that id lose this magical setup of hooking that i didnt want to change a damn thing

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Dont know how high quality these are they're saved off my phone

Last edited:

curse

I think I have a problem
Established Member
IDWALKU, what rear gears are you running?

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
How long will these last DDing on them?
Mine lasted a whole race season with driving them on the street, to and from the track, as well as racing on average every other weekend. I don't know how many miles but you can kind of get the ideal. Plus they are good to drive in the street they are DOT approved……the tire just says not for highway use!!! lol

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice launch and nice video. Sounds like your stock clutch is what's keep the driveline in check. It's slipping on the launch just enough to not shock everything and send pieces of the drivetrain all over the track. Do you know if the rev auto tune has access to remove clutch protection?

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Lol, I was wondering that as well.

What gears are in this?

Yeah he most likely came off the clutch way too slow, or pulled throttle as he was coming off. You could get the same effect of that launch by reving to 3500 and just popping it. With all that traction, you need revs. But you also need to load the drive line and just pop off the clutch when its time.

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
For these passes this past weekend it has mcleod rxt in it ... Its a 3.73 car . And my foot dosent come off that floor from the start to the finish

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
For these passes this past weekend it has mcleod rxt in it ... Its a 3.73 car . And my foot dosent come off that floor from the start to the finish

Interesting. In the video, it sounds like the clutch slips just a little bit on the launch. How many miles/passes are on the rxt so far?

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
i put 7 or so on it . like i said this is just one video of it bogging . i have plenty of video of it only slightly bogging .

Users who are viewing this thread