Who runs E85 in New England?

MTBSully

Established Member
Looking at possibly making the switch this winter. Probably keep a 55gal drum at my apartment and do it that way. Do any of you guys run e85 in your street cars? Do you switch between 93 and e85 often or mostly just run e85? How many miles can you get on one tank? Any thoughts? I have a return fuel system.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
I DO!!! I switched over last winter. Installed ID1000's, twin 465's, e85 fuel filter, changed plugs, and 3.25 upper and 4lb lower. I went from 635hp on 93 to 755hp on e85.

There's a pump in Seekonk I've tested many times and its always e85. Never had a problem. I don't go below a 1/4 tank, usually fill up when it goes below 1/2 tank. I get around 150 miles from that.

Hope that helps.

And I don't regret making the switch at all. I'm only at 20* timing so its actually a little conservative tune wise. Car is completely different from when I ran it on 93.

Jason

bigmoose

Established Member
I'm looking at getting a drum of e85 down in RI. I know a fuel guy, so I'll see how much it costs. I do plan to have a 55gal drum next to the garage with a simple pump setup if I can get the fuel.

MTBSully

Established Member
I'm looking at getting a drum of e85 down in RI. I know a fuel guy, so I'll see how much it costs. I do plan to have a 55gal drum next to the garage with a simple pump setup if I can get the fuel.

PM me if you like. Interested in a similar setup

bigmoose

Established Member
I still plan to modify my fuel system to run e85 this spring. I had called the station on memorial drive in Kambridge and their e85 price was the same as 87. Not mid west prices but way better than the place down near seakonk.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I ran it on my DSG car. Since there is no E85 in CT I bought a 55 gallon drum of E85 Unleaded Renegade Race fuel. Its more expensive then pump E85 but much cheaper than regular race gas. I had 2 tunes. If for some reason I was out driving and ran out of E85. I run it closer to empty. Pump in 93 and flash tunes @ the gas station

My2003Mach1

Established Member
There is a shell station in Waterford I believe that sells it .

I use to buy mine just over the New York State border

35 min ride from my house

If you look back in my thread history you could find many post on stations and locations or the ct area

If your not making big horse power it's just a waste to be honest ( big horse power meaning over 700)

MTBSully

Established Member
There is a shell station in Waterford I believe that sells it .

I use to buy mine just over the New York State border

35 min ride from my house

If you look back in my thread history you could find many post on stations and locations or the ct area

If your not making big horse power it's just a waste to be honest ( big horse power meaning over 700)

I already make over 700 on pump gas, looking to make more this year. There are a few stations close to me and I am also planning on keeping an e-85 drum at my house.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
I already make over 700 on pump gas, looking to make more this year. There are a few stations close to me and I am also planning on keeping an e-85 drum at my house.

That's what I did. I filled two CLEAR 55 gal drums and stored them in my heated / cooled garage. Out of the sunlight and with tight seal caps.

I was safe tuned to 823 rwhp and 721 rwtq
One thing that I'll say is my car ran so smooth on E85
Anyway good luck
It's a good idea

speedracer500

Established Member
Yes Waterford has a pump and now Groton (on sub base) has one. I just made the switch.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Best place to buy the drums is airport car wash near Bradley airport. $20 each and they are the clear barrels which you want ... With the blue ones you can not see the fuel levels...

Also they come with the caps that have the rubber gasket which is paramount!!

If you or anyone has any questions on running E85 feel free to message me
I have a lot of experience running it, buying it and storing it.

Jon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread