who is the best tuner and why?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i have seen alot of people complaining about lund costumer service. i never had a problem getting in touch with them so i consider my self lucky. their tuning has been pretty good to me too.

burke985

Established Member
AED hands down best customer service ive had so far, Gotten tune revisions in as little as 1.5 hours on several occasions. Had a steeda tune in the past and took days to get a revision and did not wanna revise my tune for free on basic bolt on parts. Shaun has never charged extra.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If the OP is referring to Jon Lund, being the #1 recognized Mustang tuner in the country comes with a price, especially when it's your "secondary" gig. Jon is a corporate helicopter pilot by day, Mustang tuner god by night/weekends. His communication can leave a lot to be desired because he is the busiest man in the industry.

In my opinion, Shaun @ AED, Jon Lund, and Ken Bjonnes are arguably the top "remote" Mustang tuners in the country. *Ken is Jon Lund's partner in crime.

Last edited:

schecter

Established Member
OP, If you are talking about a Lund tune I was told that Ken was in California on some business, supposed to be back next week. Not sure about Jon. Sorry your car is down, mine is too, just waiting on Ken to get back. It sucks to wait, but its wort it in the end for me anyway.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
If the OP is referring to Jon Lund, being the #1 recognized Mustang tuner in the country comes with a price, especially when it's your "secondary" gig. Jon is a corporate helicopter pilot by day, Mustang tuner by night/weekends.

If the Price your referring to is bad customer service. Then I would spend my money elsewhere. I prefer a tuner that tunes full time, not part time.
Thats why Shaun (AED) or Kevin MacDonald (JPC) get my vote as best tuners.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
If the OP is referring to Jon Lund, being the #1 recognized Mustang tuner in the country comes with a price, especially when it's your "secondary" gig. Jon is a corporate helicopter pilot by day, Mustang tuner god by night/weekends. His communication can leave a lot to be desired because he is the busiest man in the industry.

In my opinion, Shaun @ AED, Jon Lund, and Ken Bjonnes are arguably the top "remote" Mustang tuners in the country. *Ken is Jon Lund's partner in crime.

Not a vendor bash at all but im with scuba on this one. I dont want a part time tuner. Yea people say hes good and he tunes the 3-4 fastest race car coyotes there are. But he has no time for the middle people that want tunes.

DetTigers

Established Member
It seems that Justin at VMP is really underrated. He's best known for his work with the TVS blowers but the N/A auto tune I had before my supercharger was really outstanding. By far the best tune I've had.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
It seems that Justin at VMP is really underrated. He's best known for his work with the TVS blowers but the N/A auto tune I had before my supercharger was really outstanding. By far the best tune I've had.

vmp is really good but i just cant understand why he wont tune centrifugals.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
OP, If you are talking about a Lund tune I was told that Ken was in California on some business, supposed to be back next week. Not sure about Jon. Sorry your car is down, mine is too, just waiting on Ken to get back. It sucks to wait, but its wort it in the end for me anyway.

Is Not down but not a pleasure to drive as I constantly have watch the tach when in neutral to see if it stalled. I'd rather not drive it

'14 Shelby

Established Member

Reagrdless of who the tuner is, customer service goes beyond the necessary. I didn't even get that much. I had to follow to see if my message was even received. Only to be told they're really busy

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I started with a N/a tune with Bama, then switched to N/a with AED. I now have f/i tune with Lund ad I have had good service with all. Shaun replied the fastest, but Lund didn't take that much longer to get back to me. I switched from aed because I didn't want to add dyno time to my install, and that was a requirement for Shaun to tune me.

JimIII@jdm

Your in Jersey, We are in Jersey, you should stop by our shop sometime or give us at call 732-780-0770

We tune alot of cars with your particular combination

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

If the Price your referring to is bad customer service. Then I would spend my money elsewhere. I prefer a tuner that tunes full time, not part time.
Thats why Shaun (AED) or Kevin MacDonald (JPC) get my vote as best tuners.

Jon probably spends more time tuning than most "full time" tuners, meaning people that don't have another job.

He gets less sleep than just about anyone that I know in the business. And most of the info that trickles down to the "sheeple" tuners is because he spent sleepless nights working on it.

No customer is less important than another. And just because your car is "fast" there isn't any special treatment.

I understand wanting something "now". I understand spending your money and wanting communication. Sometimes it may take a bit, but by the time all is said and done, you'll be happy with your results.

I have to defend, because I see the amount of time Lund Racing puts into tuning, how many other tuner screw ups they fix, and the level of expertise that they have.

Are there other good tuners out there. Yes there are. They just aren't the best.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Thats way to strong of a statement. Its hard to take a vendors opinion when its the product they push.

No offense intended just the way us "sheep" see it.

i dont know if hes the best or not but evolution performance cars have lund racing tunes and they have the fastest coyotes around.

burke985

Established Member
i dont know if hes the best or not but evolution performance cars have lund racing tunes and they have the fastest coyotes around.

More to the cars then just tunes. But everyones opinion will vary and its always been my opinion you stick to the majors and you should have no issues. If i wasn't tuned by AED i would be tuned by Steeda

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread