Who is into building PC's/Gaming rigs?

mavisky

Established Member
If you're only going to be gaming i would suggest an i5 processor and a GTX-1070 and then pick some accompanying parts to suit. I'd start with a minimum 120GB SSD and a 2 TB storage drive as backup.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Thanks again guys. This is my current parts list:

i5-6500
MSI B150M BAZOOKA
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
256GB SSD
2TB HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

mr2cam

Established Member
Agreed, I have to be careful with my 256 and sometimes shuffle stuff around. Next round i'm going dual NVME 512+ GB in a RAID 0 just for shits.

I have an M.2 500GB SSD, I love it, and then I also have a 1tb 850 EVO for extra games.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have an M.2 500GB SSD, I love it, and then I also have a 1tb 850 EVO for extra games.

Yep, i'm done with mechanical. I have some still, and will for quite some time i'm sure. But wont purchase anymore other than replacements.

Sirraf

Established Member
Thinking of upgrading my GPU soon. Not sure if my 970 SSC will be able to handle Star Citizen on Ultra at 60fps. I play the pre-alpha now, but who knows when the content pours in.

mr2cam

Established Member
Yep, i'm done with mechanical. I have some still, and will for quite some time i'm sure. But wont purchase anymore other than replacements.

Mechanical are still great for mass storage, I use a couple of 4TB WD Reds on my media center, but prices keep plummeting on SSD's, wouldn't be surprised if mechanical drives are done away with in the next 10-20 years.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Mechanical are still great for mass storage, I use a couple of 4TB WD Reds on my media center, but prices keep plummeting on SSD's, wouldn't be surprised if mechanical drives are done away with in the next 10-20 years.

They're definitely a great & cost effective storage dump. Anything "non-essential" for my daily operations goes on my HDD & all "essentials" go on my SSD..i.e. OS, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, ANSYS, hell even my excel & word, Etc...just the software though, the project files go onto my HDD still. I love everything starting in 5 seconds or less. lol.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

Certainly the most cost effective still, I have a pair of 5tb in raid 0. But I'll spend the money on future storage.
^ I'd like to know too, very interested in the performance of nvme using pci-e.

Nvme pci-e are ridiculous in raid 0. Like 4000+mb/s.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
For those of you who are interested the battlefield 1 open beta is out till the 8th. I've been really enjoying this game. Runs really well on the GTX1080. 1440P Ultra settings at 100fps lol
[video=youtube;0y_0R1MeR34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y_0R1MeR34[/video]

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Looks good man! What CPU do you have again?

I can't wait to start my build!

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Looks good man! What CPU do you have again?

I can't wait to start my build!

That's awesome your gonna build a PC! They are so fun to put together and get all the parts in. My CPU is older its an intel i7-3770 3.4GHz works well for me still.

Users who are viewing this thread