who has the highest hp on this site?

My94GT

Established Member
i know my buddy on here 99v1cobra made 1024 to the wheels. its deff far from a dd but it sees street duty when the weather is nice.

keith89

Established Member
I'm thinking no spray because it's not legal for street use.

I guess e85 is ok but it's not readily available. With the richer air/fuel required I'd struggle to make it between e85 stations lol.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
whats with these stupid stipulations??? since when does a street car have to have a stereo and AC? half the speakers in my explorer don't even work, and neither does the AC since i haven't got around to fixing the damn thing, but it's hardly unbearable. and if anyone has driven a geo tracker(my first car, lol) for any amount of time, you know that a stripped race car has more sound deadening material than that thing, LOL.

rules should be most HP with a license plate, as simple as that. there isn't any point to this thread if it's pump gas and no nitrous.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Sounds to me like there would need to be several sub categories, since so many people have thrown in their own "rules". Honestly, the whole stripped interior, nitrous, yada, yada, shouldn't matter. What should matter is whether it is legally street registered, can pass state inspection (where required), etc. That keeps it simple, because otherwise, you need way too many sub-classifications to even be practical.

My94GT

Established Member
people have such different ideas of what a street car is, its hard to say anymore. i say if its tagged and driven on the street its a street car.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Better rule out anyone with an off-road mid-pipe, a CAI without a carb #, an aftermarket muffler with a db output louder than a stock muffler... :rollseyes

Well that would eliminate me, lol. And im nowhere even close to most hp for a street car. It is my DD tho haha

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
Under these guidelines (damn strict ones) I'm gonna go ahead and give the award to Dan, though Wolverine claimed he could get 20 mpg on the highway at 80 and it was perfectly comfortable. He was running an absolutely ridiculous highway gear. Still though its hard for me to believe a 1200+ hp 95 GT is as civil as a 1200+ hp FGT.

Hit me up when your in Orlando. I let you take it for a spin. Not only i get 240miles per tank on the highway it cruise in 6gear at 80 under 2000rpm and it rides like a stock mustang with a 2000watts stereo system with tv..

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yeah this shouldnt include drag cars. They need to be street legal and driven daily. I know there are plenty of TT guys on here. I think YoungGun was over 1000rwhp. And what was the other guys name China or something with a TT cobra.

We would need to define street legal. If they have to be 100% street legal, I think the HP would be lower than what most would think. Even a tiny modificaion of the emissions equipment techically makes them no street legal, even in non testing states. It's federal law. Even race gas is not legal

Using this definition, which I doubt anyone wants to use, someone with a GT500 with a boatload of FRPP upgrades would probably take the cake.

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Hit me up when your in Orlando. I let you take it for a spin. Not only i get 240miles per tank on the highway it cruise in 6gear at 80 under 2000rpm and it rides like a stock mustang with a 2000watts stereo system with tv..

And has a trap of 162 mph? Jesus. :bowdown:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
street car means AC/Stereo, DOT tires all around, and is driven on a regular basis and can be driven for long periods of time without the owner having a coronary

I would venture to say there is alot in the 600+ group. (I would be one) but I've seen a few TT street drivens in the 1200 hp range.

the interior cannot be gutted either I would think. many things that would have to be clarified.

We might need a couple of different categories. One for most hp on a street legal daily driver on pump gas. The other for your "racecars"

My money would be on Wolverine for the DD category. Although there are probably some TT Vipers or Vettes that are also 1100 plus. I know there was a Mystichrome TT Terminator that was featured in a mag owned by someone on this site that was over 1000rwhp.

I know what the OP said but ships and planes shouldn't be part of the equation.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
We would need to define street legal. If they have to be 100% street legal, I think the HP would be lower than what most would think. Even a tiny modificaion of the emissions equipment techically makes them no street legal, even in non testing states. It's federal law. Even race gas is not legal

Using this definition, which I doubt anyone wants to use, someone with a GT500 with a boatload of FRPP upgrades would probably take the cake.

IMO since we aren't requesting federal or state regulators to get involved I would say if it PASSES state emissions- that's good enough for me. No need to be anal retentive about it.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Yeah this shouldnt include drag cars. They need to be street legal and driven daily. I know there are plenty of TT guys on here. I think YoungGun was over 1000rwhp. And what was the other guys name China or something with a TT cobra.

Yep, YoungGun's TT cobra was the first that came to mind for me. It's not a gutted out drag car, it's a REAL street driven car unless he has changed it around.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

Man you just made me hate that I'm a poor broke college kid. Thanks for the offer though :rockon:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
svtdubs who used to be on here had i believe was a 850+ hp cobra, dont remember if it was a whipple or kb, but it also had nitrous. from what i remember his was a vert too.

Dusten

Established Member
street car means AC/Stereo, DOT tires all around, and is driven on a regular basis and can be driven for long periods of time without the owner having a coronary

I would venture to say there is alot in the 600+ group. (I would be one) but I've seen a few TT street drivens in the 1200 hp range.

the interior cannot be gutted either I would think. many things that would have to be clarified.
First off, the op never said shit about a street car, that was someone elses rule. When does ac and a stereo make a street car? My 1958 F-100 doesn't have either, but i can drive it daily if i want. It also didnt have either from the factory.

svtdubs who used to be on here had i believe was a 850+ hp cobra, dont remember if it was a whipple or kb, but it also had nitrous. from what i remember his was a vert too.
that is about 350 short...

And i cant believe the lightnings get no love
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4-fs-big-power-tt-lightning-street-truck.html

I know he's since sold it obviously but this was up there as one of the highest hp rigs. Granted he's still about 200hp short, he claims there was more in it.

Users who are viewing this thread