Who has the best tune for the automatic?

DIB5.0

Established Member
Im looking for that answer also and have been waiting on the side lines. How would someone know though unless you get all the tunes available and compare.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick has that auto just screaming..I am just so impressed with this car and what he has done with the tuning so far...

right now just waiting on a few companies to get their products ready for shipping so we can ramp it up with this car...

if you want to talk to him just PM your # to me and I'll make sure he calls you when he gets back from Vancouver from tuning

Last edited:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I'm very impressed with the 5.0L engine and the 6-speed auto. Click here to view various different build stages with photos, videos, and time slips from our 2011 auto.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'm giving Bama a chance. If you order your SCT device through american muscle, you get unlimited tunes through them.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I'm giving Bama a chance. If you order your SCT device through american muscle, you get unlimited tunes through them.

we do this also.. free revisions for as long as you own the vehicle no matter what you add to it

shipped to your location with a free custom tune and life time revisions for $399

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Im looking for that answer also and have been waiting on the side lines. How would someone know though unless you get all the tunes available and compare.

very astute observation.. we are seeing various set ups and different results.. as more of the vehicles are out there.. we will start to see results that will determine and set them apart...that has already started to happen even with the limited aftermarket..

the best tune will be determined by who is best for your goals and criteria for your vehicle..not everyone wants the same thing from a tune.. since you will get pros and cons about any tuner.. it is best to talk to any tuner who you are considering using and see who the right fit will be for you..

all the tuners right now are working with the tuning software..there will be advancements as we go along..as with anything that is new

DIB5.0

Established Member
very astute observation.. we are seeing various set ups and different results.. as more of the vehicles are out there.. we will start to see results that will determine and set them apart...that has already started to happen even with the limited aftermarket..

the best tune will be determined by who is best for your goals and criteria for your vehicle..not everyone wants the same thing from a tune.. since you will get pros and cons about any tuner.. it is best to talk to any tuner who you are considering using and see who the right fit will be for you..

all the tuners right now are working with the tuning software..there will be advancements as we go along..as with anything that is new

Thats what i do not understand is how one experienced tuner be so much better than the other. If you are that experienced than they should all be about even. Everyone is using the same software. How can one tune be that much different the another? I see the guy from Steeda running high 11's with just their intake, tune and Nitto's same as the big name tuner. I have not seen any proof that anyone can get more than 16rwhp going from 93 stock to 93 tune. Yet people say how good tune a is better than tune b.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Thats what i do not understand is how one experienced tuner be so much better than the other. If you are that experienced than they should all be about even. Everyone is using the same software. How can one tune be that much different the another? I see the guy from Steeda running high 11's with just their intake, tune and Nitto's same as the big name tuner. I have not seen any proof that anyone can get more than 16rwhp going from 93 stock to 93 tune. Yet people say how good tune a is better than tune b.

the live tuning software is a basic tool for the tuners...as the tuners use the software some will discover that adjusting a parameter will do things that maybe another tuner will not discover until a later time.. I know Rick has been finding glitches and things that he has reported back to SCT..this will be passed along to other SCT tuners..he has been working on the trans functions and other parameters and that is his own prioritary work that no other tuner will have unless they find it themselves..that is the whole purpose of giving the tuners live tuning software..they are given basic templetes and tech support from SCT but what they find with their own R&D is what sets them apart from each other..

AMChrisRose

Linn pretty much nailed it. There are value files to start out with, and glitches are being worked out and updated on those. Then most companies will also do their own R&D when it comes to their shift schedules, or transmission parameters. Maybe they find something that they like better in Variable Cam or Drive-by-wire, etc.

We've been working EXTREMELY hard on our Automatic transmission calibration. We've been to the track countless times, made maybe 50-100 passes at the track, HOURS of dyno testing, HOURS of road testing. Even as late as last week, Automatic transmission parameters that were missing were being added by SCT.

So, with that being said it's still early. Some tuners will be the first on the scoreboard, others will be the last. Either way, at the end of the day everyone will get to the same spot (hopefully, lol). Each will do their own tuning their own way.

The nice thing is that while there's many differences in this PCM calibration from previous years, they're not extremely complicated concepts to grasp. This means all of the "big" tuners in the S197 industry, should be able to adapt very easily.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Do most mustang tuners use handhelds such as the sct or do they work straight through the ecu?

After a pic pulling the ecu from a brand new 997tt someone asked evo motorsports this question....
That is a perfect 997TT. Just curious, how come EVOMS has to pull the ECU to work on it instead of using the OBDII port?

Thank you. It is a great car! Regarding the ECU, we choose to communicate the ECU out of the car for a few reasons. First, this is the most secure and safest way to communicate with this TriCore CPU. Another important reason is when the ECU is flashed outside of the car, the on board flash counter is not updated which makes the software less detectable. Additionally, with our process, every modified ECU performance file that we make is based off of exact file that is read out of the ECU. We do not use a generic file that is uploaded into all vehicles. These important factors help us to ensure a safe and reliable data transfer as well as utilizing OEM like flashing protocol which virtually leaves no adverse traces of our flash.

Curious if this is the same for mustangs?

post #7 of this thread
EVOMS Project 2010 3.8L DFI 997TT Has Officially Started!!! - 6speedonline.com Forums

Users who are viewing this thread