Who has the best price on pistons, gaskests, arp bolt and clutches, etc.

silver93

Established Member
who has the best price on parts for 03-04 cobras as far as pistons, gaskests, arp bolt and clutches and etc.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That's a very sad post.

The thread title of "who has the best price on parts"? was equally sad.

You can't call our supporting vendors for a quote and then compare that to other suppliers?:dw::nonono:

The place with the best price is not always the best place to buy from.

silver93

Established Member
i totally understand jimmysidecar who would you recommend then. price is one thing but customer service is also a plus. redfr03svtsnake im intrested in the set up if i dont have to bore my block i will be bring my short block to the mechanist in the morning i will let you know. ive been checking price from vendors here on the site. i havent called no vendors yet for prices on parts and sorry for my weak post.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i totally understand jimmysidecar who would you recommend then. price is one thing but customer service is also a plus. redfr03svtsnake im intrested in the set up if i dont have to bore my block i will be bring my short block to the mechanist in the morning i will let you know. ive been checking price from vendors here on the site. i havent called no vendors yet for prices on parts and sorry for my weak post.

Is your engine torn down yet? Cylinders inspected? Damage evaluated?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Florida's Pro-Power ModMax, their a vendor here, great place to do business with and discount codes for SVTP members!

quikcobra

Established Member
Florida's Pro-Power ModMax, their a vendor here, great place to do business with and discount codes for SVTP members!

+1 I went to them for pistons then found a local shop with great prices and customer service so went there for everything else...

another tip would be find a company that will help you out if needed, or something comes up. I read a thread somewhere not to long ago of a shop selling parts that were wrong then just played the it wasnt me game for a year... No one needs that kinda drama.

silver93

Established Member
jimmysidecar i torn the motor down yesterday the scraper ring on #6 piston is stuck in the ring grove on the piston so that would explain the oil getting buy the compression ring. all eight pistons show signs of detanation i believe i caught this problem just in time. also on the inside of number 6 piston there is a hair line crack looks like the skirt was about to let go also. as far as the cylinders they dont look to bad there is a few scratches they may clean up with a good hone not sure. ima bring it to my machinest today the bearing look awesome there is no sign of any where on them also and the heads look to be ok to but ima have them check out also.

thanks guys for the input on find some one good to deal with on getting parts

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
jimmysidecar i torn the motor down yesterday the scraper ring on #6 piston is stuck in the ring grove on the piston so that would explain the oil getting buy the compression ring. all eight pistons show signs of detanation i believe i caught this problem just in time. also on the inside of number 6 piston there is a hair line crack looks like the skirt was about to let go also. as far as the cylinders they dont look to bad there is a few scratches they may clean up with a good hone not sure. ima bring it to my machinest today the bearing look awesome there is no sign of any where on them also and the heads look to be ok to but ima have them check out also.

thanks guys for the input on find some one good to deal with on getting parts

Please make sure you find and correct the cause of the detonation if at all possible before you light the next engine up.

Post it up if you can.

silver93

Established Member
will do... it defently was running lean. now i talked to a few people even my engine builder and he said being the car came from n.c and was tuned there and then bring it down here to louisiana being the air and humidty is much dencer here it could have leaned the car out. im going to have the car retuned after i get it back together.

just ordered a new clutch and flywheel disc for my car from lethal performance. that discount code save me a few bucks. waiting to hear from my mechanist on what bore looks like we are going to go 20 over. as soon as i hear from him to verify thats how much we need to go im going to order all my parts for my motor. think im gonna go with diamond pistons sound like thats what eveybody goes with on these motors

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread