Who has maxed the Paxton 2200SL?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Well, its about that time to step up to the next level. Car currently has stock motor running at 13psi with stock headers on E85. Car should be about 750rwhp at the moment but I need to do a magnum swap and would like build the motor at the same time. I've read that I should expect 900+rwhp with the smallest pulley (2.85 I think). I'm considering the mmr build or aluminator if I can sell mine for around $3500.

How many of you guys are running around with a maxed out Paxton? How's driveability and reliability? Any other upgrades needed other than the 8 rib and fuel system?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I'd like to know this as well. I would think with a 2.85 you'd need a high traction pulley to keep it from slipping = go thru a lot of belts quickly.

What pulley are you on now? 3.4?

calgarybandit

Established Member
I have the ATI pulley with the 3.00 high traction pulley and the Vortech JT is maxed out. At 7000 RPM shift the impeller is spinning little over 63,000 RPM and the max impeller speed is 60,000 RPM. If you are going to use a 2.85 pulley you will need the carbonite version and that will not be a daily driver because they chew belts.

Stevem17500

Established Member
I used reg 2.85 high traction for 1 year non issues yeah it slipped but making 800-820 it happens still ran consistent no issues...

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Is doing the 15 or 20% OD balancer a good way to up boost w/o belt slip?
How much of a psi increase do you see with doing the OD balancer and keeping the same pulley?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yes, the od balancer will help for sure, as you have more belt wrap.

with the 2.75 on the stock balancer about 63k rpms, we went 9.03 at 3900lbs

a lighter combo the blower can go further, we went 8.81@ less weight, still working in the suspension

the blower should be good for about 8.6's the way the car sits now.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I'd like to know this as well. I would think with a 2.85 you'd need a high traction pulley to keep it from slipping = go thru a lot of belts quickly.

What pulley are you on now? 3.4?

3.33 6 rib
I have the ATI pulley with the 3.00 high traction pulley and the Vortech JT is maxed out. At 7000 RPM shift the impeller is spinning little over 63,000 RPM and the max impeller speed is 60,000 RPM. If you are going to use a 2.85 pulley you will need the carbonite version and that will not be a daily driver because they chew belts.

I didn't know the carbonate eats belts that bad, the car is mostly driven on weekends. Wish there was a cog setup for this thing.

I used reg 2.85 high traction for 1 year non issues yeah it slipped but making 800-820 it happens still ran consistent no issues...

Nice, must be very fun. I'm getting belt slip with the 3.33 6 rib.

yes, the od balancer will help for sure, as you have more belt wrap.

with the 2.75 on the stock balancer about 63k rpms, we went 9.03 at 3900lbs

a lighter combo the blower can go further, we went 8.81@ less weight, still working in the suspension

the blower should be good for about 8.6's the way the car sits now.

Nice, how long did those belts last? That's with a carbonite pulley I'm assuming

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I run the 3.00" carbonite pulley with the ati 15-20% lower...my belts last 3 passes and the car starts to slow down after the 2nd....right now there is no real solution to belt slip unless you wanna go complete custom...a regular pulley will be a waste of time...ive contemplated going to a 315 or 333 regular so i can get some belt life but power will suffer....my solution to all this is ive decided im pulling the paxton off my car and going Procharger F1A...comes standard with 8 rib but 12 rib and cog are available..also come with the billet impeller... found out the step up ratio is better aswell which means i can run a bigger pulley from day one and make the same power i am now....comes with a killer air to air intercooler aswell....I had considered a YSI but you pretty much end up with the same problem....last year i ran 9.68 at 146 with stock crank and 3.33 pulley on 11:1 alluminator and i dont ever recall having belt slip....i think your good to get into the 9's comfortably without slip, BUT when you want to go for the bottom 9's and are spinninng the blower harder you will get belt slip....my current setup has gone 9.16 @ 150.53 with the 9.5:1 alluminator, the ATI lower and the 3.00" carbonite pulley....my issue is its a pain the the azzz to change belts and they last less then one day at the track if you make 4-5 runs....your first 2 maybe 3 hits will be your best...then you can count on the slip setting in and watch your cars et and mph drop....i love my paxton, its done nothing but bring me joy and if i wasnt so close to a possible 8.99 i would keep it and enjoy it....im making the jump to procharger...it runs on its own belt and not through all the accessories like the paxton does...

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
At your power level seems like turbo would be the best choice?

8's can be done all day long, we are planning to be deep in the 8's here soon, and 7's before the end of the year

for the track, you just need to change belts more often.

we swap belts after 3 runs, and the car isn't slowing down yet, but we do it for heads up

the last belt I made 1 1/4 pass on and 8 1/8 mile hits before chaning it.

the carbinite is going to eat the belt, that's what it does.

you make it easy, slimmer fans, get some of the junk out of the way. and get after it.

the jpc guys should have a nice setup in the next few weeks, but I will still change belts after every few rounds during competition

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
8's can be done all day long, we are planning to be deep in the 8's here soon, and 7's before the end of the year

for the track, you just need to change belts more often.

we swap belts after 3 runs, and the car isn't slowing down yet, but we do it for heads up

the last belt I made 1 1/4 pass on and 8 1/8 mile hits before chaning it.

the carbinite is going to eat the belt, that's what it does.

you make it easy, slimmer fans, get some of the junk out of the way. and get after it.

the jpc guys should have a nice setup in the next few weeks, but I will still change belts after every few rounds during competition

What setup is that?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn I guess at what point is going turbo just a better all around solution. I mean shit if I had to change belts like that, that would just get expensive with each belt being around what $50/ piece?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
+1, Would be nice to come up with a cog setup. Around 3 passes per belt seems rough $$$$

SCalla1384

Established Member
I've heard nothing but complaints about those carbonite pulleys. They tear belts up. Does reichard racing still make pulleys? Their pulleys were badass

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
part of my issue is im 9.5:1 compression so i need more boost to make the same jam as an 11:1 setup.....i think the perfect paxton combo would be stock 11:1 compression with a 20% lower and either a 3.33 or 3.48 pulley....i beleive the 20% would make the 3.33 or 3.48 seem like a 3.00 or 3.15 and stock lower....I was able to go 9.68 with my 333 pulley stock lower and 11:1 last season....i had zero slip...so you could possibly run a big lower with a big upper and make some great jam with little to no belt slip...the big bottom and top pulley combo give you the most wrap and i would say zero slip....

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I just read that a few minutes ago. I was sitting there thinking if he was the one one with a Paxton or not. I haven't been on the board for a while and I figured it was another "texasstang". A single turbo lot would be nice though lol. Might have to reconsider other options if that solution jpc has isn't that great. JPC should credit me on a Paxton for a single turbo lol.

Sell ur kit to me OP, im in the bay area... :D

Have you seen texasstang's 5.0? http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...t-another-run-of-the-mill-1000hp-turbo-coyote
He ditched the paxton, built the motor up and went with a CPR turbo kit. I think hes around 1000rwhp @19psi. Fricken bad ass man, id' be stoked with 600rwhp, damn i need to get on your guys' level!!!

Users who are viewing this thread