Who else is upset that ford is getting rid of most of it's cars for North America

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
WTF is Ford thinking? Gas prices are going up and they are going to concentrate on trucks and SUVS? I have an SHO and love it. I love the Fusion. They are supposedly ditching all but the Mustang and a version of the FOCUS! So we will have to get either a Lincoln $$$$$$ or change brands!
I hate to believe this is true. I don't agree for it being a good move, but whatever.
Either I'll have to buy used or go to the Dark Side for a family sedan.

Roush9703

Established Member
If it means that their “concentration” will result in them making the Bronco anything other than a namesake on a watered down crossover then I’m all for them killing off a few dinosaur models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I guess with me being a large human bean my view is that the last "family sedan" Ford made (besides the Taurus) was the Crown Vic.

I have an Escape for the wife, Terminator, and F150 S.Crew for me.
I'm good with their line up.

The truth is, ya'll should be scared, because if I like something, whoever makes it will just stop making it.

Regarding "family sedans". I've owned three Olds 98's, two Buick Park Aves, one Ford Crown Vic. See where I'm going with this?

Recon

Established Member
Meh, I only like a handful of modern fords and only 2 are still in production. So... more power to them.

Pick your poison.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I am not happy about it all. They are giving up a big market share when they finally stop making the cars. Gas is going up and fast.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
People simply aren't buying cars at a profitable rate. Ford is not the only company facing that issue.

The big3 are all feeling the squeeze, the volume and margins for cars just don’t keep the lights on, it’s the trucks and SUVs that make the real money. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dodge and GM follow suit.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
As I said in another thread, it would not surprise me in the least if ford doesn’t continue development of one or two small cars that they can ramp up quickly and quietly should the market take a wrong (for them) turn. The talking financial heads have all made positive comments about the change, hopefully ford stock will rise as a result of this

noco5.0

Established Member
I would never own a modern Ford Sedan. Ford makes decent trucks and the Mustang that's pretty much it in my opinion. I personally think the Japanese and Korean manufacturers are going to corner the market on crossovers. Someone in another thread made the point that Ford will eventually end up being similar to GMC.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
Lincoln division will have little to offer as now the continental and mkx and z will not exist. not surprising that Ford is doing this based on sales. watch other US manufacturers will do the same.

byeofcr

Established Member
at the price point i got my 392 charger... there was nothing ford offered in that price range. performance wise im thrilled with it and i have no regrets jumping ship. as long as the mustang lives on im good w what theyre doing.
the suv killed the sedan once the mpg became on par with them.

RSbeast

Established Member
I don’t really see the point of a mid size, or many smaller cars.

The SUV/CUV is usually more compact, offers easier ingress/egress, yet more interior room - especially headroom and liftgate style storage. Visibility is better and people tend to ‘feel’ safer being up higher.

You can always make the ‘cars on stilts’ arguments, but they work. Mpg is competitive enough and they package AWD easier.

I guess unless you want a ‘sports sedan’, but it’s not like they aren’t generational either.

You have to remember: At one point, station wagons were huge in America. Where are they now? Minivans took over the world once. This is evolution.

I also expect others to follow suit - mostly. Cars will be built and sold by region.

Users who are viewing this thread