Who else is ditching their smartphone.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
It can still be a useful tool. I like having access to the web for things I need knowledge for. I dont have flakebook, instagroupie, snaptwat, or any of that stuff. SVTP is as close as I get to social media.

Equalbracket

Established Member
It's too useful of a tool. It's my alarm clock, my camera. I dont facebook and I ignore phone calls and texts as it stays on silent and in the truck while working. Only have 3 gigs but my bill is only $57 a month iphone 8, no contract.

Famine

Established Member
I would like to on one hand, but on the other, I use mine for everything and actually have another smart phone for work. Sometimes I have both up at the same time lol.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Same....gotta have facebook to answer work messages :(

But i use mine every day for work, i need a smartphone.
I deleted my Facebook 15 months ago but kept messenger. It has worked great. The only issue is dealing with businesses to cheap to run their own website and business phone, only to have a free Facebook page. Based on that they don’t get my business.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
It's too useful of a tool. It's my alarm clock, my camera. I dont facebook and I ignore phone calls and texts as it stays on silent and in the truck while working. Only have 3 gigs but my bill is only $57 a month iphone 8, no contract.
You know most flip phones have these features.....

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I got rid of FB 7 years ago and never looked back. Don’t have any SM actually unless you include being on car forums lol. Its funny, I actually got pressed pretty hard by a girl i was dating a few years back. She didn’t understand why I didn’t have FB or any SM. She actually thought i was “hiding” something.

As far as getting rid of a smart phone, I would consider it from a cost stand point however, its basically a requirement in my field and my bill is subsidized anyway. But i get what you mean OP, in public, it seems everyone is literally staring at their phones.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Machdup1

Established Member
I don't need to ditch my smartphone in order to not look at it in public. A smart phone is a useful resource, it just requires a little restraint.

Anyways, how can you stay connect 7/24 to SVTP without one. Without SVTP you will just be another Formula 1, jazz nut job.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I would do this if it wasn't for the fact I use the messaging platform to chat with friends. Bring back the days of AOL Instant Messenger!

You actually don't need your FB page to use the messenger app. I have a few friends that use messenger and no longer have a FB.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
if they would bring back the Motorola Startac I would buy in a second! Best little phone I ever owned. So small and compact perfect! Now its like I gotta lug around a freakn computer with me every day smh. All I do is text and talk. fullsizeoutput_14df.jpegand the holder for it was perfect!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
if they would bring back the Motorola Startac I would buy in a second! Best little phone I ever owned. So small and compact perfect! Now its like I gotta lug around a freakn computer with me every day smh. All I do is text and talk.View attachment 1478023and the holder for it was perfect!
Haha, having to push 3 or 4 times for a character breaks you of texting pretty fast, lol.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't need to ditch my smartphone in order to not look at it in public. A smart phone is a useful resource, it just requires a little restraint.

Anyways, how can you stay connect 7/24 to SVTP without one. Without SVTP you will just be another Formula 1, jazz nut job.
Very good point. Between this site, JLWranglers, and FiestaST forums I have most of my interests covered.

Dusten

Established Member
the only appeal to fakebook at this point in time is thats where I keep up with whats going on for car things I wanna do around town.

I cant see ditching the smartphone though, as mentioned above its my camera and I can take care of work crap remotely. Then theres things like our season tickets being all digital, its way easier to pull em up on the phone vs printing them all

I deleted mine a few years ago and definitely fell out of touch with the car scene. Oddly enough this caused me to fall away from my cars all together. I have a way more diverse hobby base now, and I spend less on car parts

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
This thread is the geriatric club of SVTp

The problem is that most build threads no longer exist, and the new way of having any sort of "build" thread is Instagram. Which I have.

Facebook pissed me off a while back and I gutted everything and anything on it. I'm just a floating picture with zero information. Lets me still talk to who I care about and look at car groups and such.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'll always keep a smart phone. But I have self control and don't have to stare into it all of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread