Who are you using for tuning????

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
So who are you guys using for tuning the fist? I am running into dead ends everywhere. I already have a SCT tuner from my SHO so livernois and cobb are OUT, I refuse to purchase another device. So who is out there? I cant believe how hard it is to find stuff for this car. I looked through most the normal ecoboost tuners and it seems they don't support the Fiesta. Also anyone know of any turbo upgrades yet that are priced accordingly?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
So who are you guys using for tuning the fist? I am running into dead ends everywhere. I already have a SCT tuner from my SHO so livernois and cobb are OUT, I refuse to purchase another device. So who is out there? I cant believe how hard it is to find stuff for this car. I looked through most the normal ecoboost tuners and it seems they don't support the Fiesta. Also anyone know of any turbo upgrades yet that are priced accordingly?

ATP has a turbo upgrade along with another company(ill find the name out) that has a ported turbo housing.

As for tuning; Mountune, Cobb, Livernois are all fantastic companies. Why would you not want to use them? They show significant support for their handheld tuners and the tuners are extremely user friendly. Freektune and Panda Motorworks are two other companies that can tune using the Cobb Accessport v3.

SCT is behind the game on the FiST and doesnt seem to be eager to release the X4 yet for the FiST. You can either wait for it or not.

As for not finding stuff for this car, parts are everywhere. Mountune, Cobb, ModBargains, Steeda, Focuswerks, FRPP....the list goes on and on. If you would like links you can PM me and ill send you some. Drop in filter, FMIC, tune, turbo back exhaust is enough for almost 250whp/300wtq. After that a big turbo upgrade from ATP is the next logical step.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
You can't use the same handheld for multiple vehicles anyway, they are married to the device. As of right now if you want to continue to modify and have custom tunes made Cobb AP seems to be the best option.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nightmare is correct, handheld tuning devices lock to VIN's once a tune is uploaded. If you are in the market to tune your Fiesta ST we do have a tuning solution for you that proved considerable gains from a 93 octane performance tune. Our proprietary tuning software has allowed us to adjust more parameters which result in higher performance gains, especially with the EcoBoost platforms. Also for the duration you own our MyCal device we offer tuning support at no extra cost to you.

Below is a link to the Fiest ST we dyno tuned in our shop..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlUR-9gPZQ

Below is a link to the product page for the MyCal device..

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/LME%252dAIW-2013%252b-FIESTA-ST-1.6L-ECOBOOST-TUNER.html

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Nightmare is correct, handheld tuning devices lock to VIN's once a tune is uploaded. If you are in the market to tune your Fiesta ST we do have a tuning solution for you that proved considerable gains from a 93 octane performance tune. Our proprietary tuning software has allowed us to adjust more parameters which result in higher performance gains, especially with the EcoBoost platforms. Also for the duration you own our MyCal device we offer tuning support at no extra cost to you.

Below is a link to the Fiest ST we dyno tuned in our shop..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlUR-9gPZQ

Below is a link to the product page for the MyCal device..

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/LME%252dAIW-2013%252b-FIESTA-ST-1.6L-ECOBOOST-TUNER.html
Wow I was unaware that you provided continued tuning. If someone was to upgrade to the ATP turbo kit's that use the Garret turbo's is that something you would support in tuning as well?

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
You can't use the same handheld for multiple vehicles anyway, they are married to the device. As of right now if you want to continue to modify and have custom tunes made Cobb AP seems to be the best option.

The tuner is unlocked, I divorced it when I traded the sho in, that's why I want to use my X4.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
ATP has a turbo upgrade along with another company(ill find the name out) that has a ported turbo housing.

As for tuning; Mountune, Cobb, Livernois are all fantastic companies. Why would you not want to use them? They show significant support for their handheld tuners and the tuners are extremely user friendly. Freektune and Panda Motorworks are two other companies that can tune using the Cobb Accessport v3.

SCT is behind the game on the FiST and doesnt seem to be eager to release the X4 yet for the FiST. You can either wait for it or not.

As for not finding stuff for this car, parts are everywhere. Mountune, Cobb, ModBargains, Steeda, Focuswerks, FRPP....the list goes on and on. If you would like links you can PM me and ill send you some. Drop in filter, FMIC, tune, turbo back exhaust is enough for almost 250whp/300wtq. After that a big turbo upgrade from ATP is the next logical step.

thanks for the reply, I already have a X4 that's why I want to use sct. although it Sounds like a pretty shitty company, they should have supported the car by now. I have been following the ATP but was hoping there would be multiple choices out there. 2k for a tiny little turbo seems pretty high to me, should be priced around 800. I guess I am just weird, for 2k I can buy several T3 framed turbos, why is this pea shooter so damn expensive.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for the reply, I already have a X4 that's why I want to use sct. although it Sounds like a pretty shitty company, they should have supported the car by now. I have been following the ATP but was hoping there would be multiple choices out there. 2k for a tiny little turbo seems pretty high to me, should be priced around 800. I guess I am just weird, for 2k I can buy several T3 framed turbos, why is this pea shooter so damn expensive.

more than likely due to the production numbers of the ST. they arent selling in FoST numbers so im assuming r&d and stuff drives the price of the turbo upgrade.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're running Livernois tunes and they are great. We should be starting a series of article on our project FiST in the next couple weeks.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No not at all. Complex modifications such as turbo upgrades require our calibrator/tuner to spend time on the dyno along with test driving the vehicle before returning the vehicle back to the customer. It is our philosophy that a vehicle with this situation requires our attention that can only be done if the vehicle is in our shop. We do offer a vehicle transportation service where we can pick your vehicle up and bring it back to your location after the work has been completed.

TRBO VNM

No not at all. Complex modifications such as turbo upgrades require our calibrator/tuner to spend time on the dyno along with test driving the vehicle before returning the vehicle back to the customer. It is our philosophy that a vehicle with this situation requires our attention that can only be done if the vehicle is in our shop. We do offer a vehicle transportation service where we can pick your vehicle up and bring it back to your location after the work has been completed.

Are you able to remote tune with your software and equipment?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Are you able to remote tune with your software and equipment?
This, I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a license for this on my PRP software or just get a Cobb but if you guys do lifetime tune updates and can do it remotely that would be even better.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
At this point we are not licensing or distributing our tuning software or hardware. Using our proprietary software we are able to remote tune our clients vehicles for almost any typical bolt-on modifications.

Users who are viewing this thread