Who are you guys financing your cars through?

dtd01svt

Established Member
I'll be hitting the market here soon to get back into a Cobra. I'll be Looking for a modded Terminator come July. Its been a very long time since I've purchased a used car from a private owner. Who are you guys getting your financing through? Especially when trying to get financed for 70-80% of the price of car. Any better to work with or have better rates? TIA!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't know if it helps any, but I financed my new Ram truck with Chase Auto Loans.
I got a 7 year loan at 2.49%. (Of course I will not finance the truck that long and pay it off before then. I just take out the longer term, so I give myself some headroom in case something terrible happens. Can't predict the future. 7 year loan on my '13 Roush Stage 3 paid off in almost 3 year.)
Good luck going forward!

Blackoyote

Established Member
Did my Cobra in late 2014 through Nationwide Bank (yes, as in Nationwide Insurance). I got $20k from them for 72 months at 3%...pretty sure their rates are pretty close right now.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
financing? Whats that? On SVTP its straight cash homie :coolman:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Image%u00252Bfor%u00252BIRA%u00252BLLC%u00252Bproduct.jpg

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
I've used my local credit union on my last 4 cars. Aside from being way nicer to deal with, credit unions are usually more flexible on terms (rates, amount financed, length of loan, age of vehicle, etc..) Left my bank years ago and never looked back.

dtd01svt

Established Member
Ya, were not all Treynor!! :beer:
Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like the credit union is the way to go. Are they easy to open an account with? Its not like I have one already through work or anything. If I remember correctly, you had to be a member through your employer or something.....

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Are they easy to open an account with? Its not like I have one already through work or anything. If I remember correctly, you had to be a member through your employer or something.....

I originally became a member of mine when buying through a dealership about 12 years ago. Sadly I can't offer much advice on joining. But I don't think it's quite the secret club it used to be when credit unions were a new thing. Would suggest finding some ratings online of some close to you and just go in and talk to them. I think the only time you need to be an employee is if the company name is shared with the credit union. For example in Colorado there are Coors and KingSoopers (grocery store) credit unions that are employee only. But I would guess those are few and far between.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Ya, were not all Treynor!! :beer:
Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like the credit union is the way to go. Are they easy to open an account with? Its not like I have one already through work or anything. If I remember correctly, you had to be a member through your employer or something.....

I'm a member of 2 different credit unions, one is strictly for auto loans. Just went in and opened an account, like $10 or something.

You may get a little better rate if you do a direct deposit and automatic payment also.

Users who are viewing this thread