! Who Are The Predator Master Tuners ?!

speedtigger

Established Member
OK guys,
who are the best predator tune writers. obviously the factory tune needs help. let's hear from all the happy customers and masters.

Shanezam203

Established Member
I am curious to know some more info on the predator as well. I want to go the chip route but I dont wanna throw a chip in and void the warranty. I've heard very good things about the predator and even the new superchips sct. I think I am going to go with a predator. I have some expierance with diablo and I was happy with them in the past. Johnny from jlp, sal over at psp and Paul at Razor's Edge I know can tune for the predator. I know there are more, amazon here, mark at LFP... I dont know who has what yet I'm still getting my feet wet in here.
I do know the Predator comes with 3 tunes and 1 for the "pulley" set up but I think Im going to go with a custom tune. A little more conservative one with less timing. I do want to up the rev limiter a little so I can shift a little higher. And I want boost bypass turned off, and I want to have traction control turned off with a custom tune I can have all that.
I'm real new to the predator too, sorry if I'm high jacking your thread, I just wanted to get in on this conversation.
:coolman: Shane

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Johnny Lightning gives you a custom tune w/ his Predator and free retunes over the email when you change mods.

JLP and Amazon would be two top Predator tuners

ofourcobra

Established Member
so the predetor is the hand held programmer ?so if you dont like the tunes it comes with ,the can send you a tune with out seeing the car >or do i have this wrong ?i saw one on ebay for three hundred bucks,is that the going rate ?will it affect me with a cold air and cat back?is it really invisable to the dealer ?sorry for all the questions

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Rick at Amazon...my A/F is a nice flat line in the mid 11 range at WOT from about 3500 all the way to 6500 and my max total timing at WOT is 22-23 degrees...just what I ask for.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Originally posted by ofourcobra
so the predetor is the hand held programmer ?so if you dont like the tunes it comes with ,the can send you a tune with out seeing the car >or do i have this wrong ?i saw one on ebay for three hundred bucks,is that the going rate ?will it affect me with a cold air and cat back?is it really invisable to the dealer ?sorry for all the questions

Top tuners have a stack of tunes and experience w/ all types of mods to get you a custom tune. No need to see your car. You can also dyno tune w/a Predator on a later date.

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Originally posted by speedtigger
OK guys,
who are the best predator tune writers. obviously the factory tune needs help. let's hear from all the happy customers and masters.
Before you go to a mailorder tune, try to locate a reputable tuner that is local that can do a "live" tune on the rollers. I know that diablosport headquarters is located near you and I think Razor's edge motorsports also does revolution tuning in florida. Try local tuning first before you dive into mailorder tuning, it may save you a lot of time and aggrevation.............:thumbsup:

http://www.razorsedgemotorsports.com/

fubu795

Banned
Originally posted by Richo
Email James at www.runningwiththedevil.com or check out www.Diablosporttuning.com . He does free tunes and his first tune is pretty much on the money.

Agreed. James is one hell of a nice guy, explains everything in depth and he actually does what he says, no BSING. I have all the basic mods with his tune, car runs great 4k miles later, never had a problem. When I get more mods this winter I will definitly be calling james back, RWTD is A+ in my books!

ModsAway

Established Member
Originally posted by Shanezam203
I am curious to know some more info on the predator as well. I want to go the chip route but I dont wanna throw a chip in and void the warranty.

The predator can and most likely will void your warranty. Every time you flash your computer it is recorded and when those numbers don't match with Ford's numbers for your car they will laugh in your face. Of course they are only likely to check those types of things if you have serious engine failure but thats what your concerned with isn't it?

Just a heads up. You mod... you pay... pay to play as the saying goes.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
another vote for james with rwtd (www.runninwiththedevil.com)
best customer service hands down. great guy and super nice, asked for a change to my tune he gave me and got it within 15 minutes. now that is service people, he will even price match on the predator and has other parts (cai etc.) for real good prices. i know this from experience.

Last edited:

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by GO HOKIES!
Disconnect battery terminals for 5 min and have no worries with Ford! Memory gets deleted!
and that 100% makes it back to stock (after you reload stock tune) and it is undetectable by ford? any more info on that?
:coolman: Shane

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
My vote goes out to Shawn Ellis at SoCal Diablo since I'm located on the West Coast and unable to see the other good tuners in action. He ALWAYS meets my needs and he tunes both of my Stangs!!!

One more thing about the Predator...It is not like a CHIP and yes you can go back to the "Stock Tune" if there is ever a warrenty issue. A CHip will perminatly leave a trace in the Ford Computer where as the Predator won't!

~ Fresh :burnout:

Shanezam203

Established Member
has anyone tried the tune the predator comes with called pulleys with a 2.8 upper? is that a pretty aggressive tune? Can I load that and back the timing down a little myself, or is it not that easy? Do I need a custom tune with the 2.8?

Users who are viewing this thread