! Who Are The Predator Master Tuners ?!

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
the best thing to do is have it put on a dyno and test the a/f but if not go ahead and get a custom tune from your tuner that has tested many cars with many different mods and he should have a good tune for you. i did this because since i bought mine from james he gives you unlimited custom tunes for free so it was stupid not to.
later
brandon

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Originally posted by Shanezam203
has anyone tried the tune the predator comes with called pulleys with a 2.8 upper? is that a pretty aggressive tune? Can I load that and back the timing down a little myself, or is it not that easy? Do I need a custom tune with the 2.8?
At my location we find the pred factory tune to be alittle lean on the bottom and rich up top, all in all not to bad, but I would definatley get it on a dyno or at least a wideband to see aif/fuel. A safe way to drive it to the dyno is add fuel between 2-4k and retard the timing in the same spot, no worries that way.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
I just ordered a one from James at RWTD. Like everyone has said, he is a great guy and seems very knowledgeble. Everyone I have talked to in my area has bought their Predator from him as well and they all have been happy.

RedTerminator

Established Member
I got a predator from James also, next day aired even though it put him out because he was leaving for the weekend. Hell of a nice guy and the car runs great. RWTD rocks imo.

speedtigger

Established Member
Thanx for all the input guys:thumbsup:
I have e-mailed these tuners. I will let you know who helps.:beer:

Last edited:

speedtigger

Established Member
well so far these are my e-mail responses.

rick at amazon wants $125.00

jl @# jlp wants $50.00

paul r @ razors edge wants to discuss my car persoanlly(no price yet).

james@ RWTD did not respond.

I would really like to hear from james because i get the impression that he spends alot of time on dyno sessions.

i am drawn to JLP thought because i am a racer and racers are no BS guys

anymore input guys???

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
If it helps, I'm driving to Amazon on monday while Im on vacation for a custom tune in person. I feel it's worth the trip. Local tuners here dissapoint me.

Last edited:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Originally posted by speedtigger
let us know how it works out. what are your mods????

Steeda CAI
MRT H pipe w/cats
Borla Stingers
2.8 pulley
Predator Pulley tune
TR6 Plugs
Gords HE

420 hp/460 Tq as it sits right now. I don't like the A/F and I know I should be getting more hp/tq than I am with the 2.8. Thats why I'm going to Amazon, best on the east coast that I can drive too in a few hours.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I would really like to hear from james because i get the impression that he spends alot of time on dyno sessions.

anymore input guys???

Rick has been tuning 03 Cobras exclusively since they came out..all his programs have been developed on the dyno with extensive data logging to support them..

I raced our 03 Cobra last year NMRA, this year I moved into the truck class with a Lightning and Rick is racing the 03..

I would be happy to discuss tuning options with you if you want to call me @ 410 676 3433 we do both Diablosport and SCT

speedtigger

Established Member
Wow,
Thanx, Linn!!!!

I really want to get this resolved. The Predator performance tune was a total disappointment. I have seen 4 now on the dyno and they all have the same super rich problem up top. they have made 10 or so less hp than the stock tune on 3 of the cars that i have seen. the 4th car had a pulley so i have no HP baseline but it was crazy fat too.

Beyond all that i would love to discuss the details with you. are you avilable tommorow???

ALA G8R

Banned
well so far these are my e-mail responses.

rick at amazon wants $125.00

jl @# jlp wants $50.00

paul r @ razors edge wants to discuss my car persoanlly(no price yet).

james@ RWTD did not respond.

anymore input guys???

James will get back to you if you post on www.diablosporttuning.com. If you buy your Predator from James, custom tuning is included at no charge. If you bought your Predator elsewhere, then custom tuning support is $100.

James has a load of experience with 03 Cobras and Lightnings. He provides awesome tunes. I am making 463hp/473tq (mods in sig) with his custom tuning with 23 degrees max WOT timing and a flat upper 11's A/F.

I would definitely get in touch with James before you make a decision.

Last edited:

Shanezam203

Established Member
Does anyone know where I can get the usb cable at that goes from the predator to my laptop so I can load an emailed tune onto the predator? I have heard we can get them at radio shack, if not there Sal sells them from psp doesn't he? Anyone else know where we can get the usb cables for the predator?
Thanks, Shane

RevMatt

Established Member
Hypertech

:bash:
The "hypertech" tuner claims to add 54 rwhp without any other mods. "Horsepower TV" showed a bone stock 03 Cobra gain 43 rwhp! Go to Hypertech.com and watch the videos on your computer.
They do, however, warn AGAINST changing the exhaust ir intake. Pulley changes can also be tuned for with the "Hypertech." This will probably be my first mod to my 04 Mysticobra convertible.
:burn:

ALA G8R

Banned
Re: Hypertech

Originally posted by RevMatt
:bash:
.....They do, however, warn AGAINST changing the exhaust ir intake.....

That statement alone should be enough to stop you from buying that Hypercrap stuff.

speedtigger

Established Member
Originally posted by Shanezam203
Does anyone know where I can get the usb cable at that goes from the predator to my laptop so I can load an emailed tune onto the predator? I have heard we can get them at radio shack, if not there Sal sells them from psp doesn't he? Anyone else know where we can get the usb cables for the predator?
Thanks, Shane

It's not a usb it is a serial cable.
It also seems that it has to be acceptable quality for data.

go to www.diablosport.com they list the appropriate Radio Shack part number in the download section under instructions.

Also read this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115944
the belkin part #'s are listed there

:beer:

speedtigger

Established Member
C H E C K T H I S O U T ! ! ! !

08-10-2004, 10:32 PM #3
RWTD
Supporting Vendor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane,

The r12d update only has 20/21 degrees max in it, which is completely safe for a 2.93 to 2.76" Pullied '03/'04 Cobra running a good quality fuel. However, the a/f issue needs to be resolved, as it is still too lean in the lower rpms and too rich in the upper rpms (some Overtemp Tests aren't tuned off), both at WOT. This is easily overcame with a custom tune.

TC can be disabled in the end-user options before or after you load the tune. A good rev limiter point is 6800 rpms. If the shift light adjustment option worked properly then I would suggest 6300/6400 rpms, which you should actually shift the car at 6500/6600 rpms.

I would totally advise a custom tune over the defaulted included tunes. If you want true custom tuning done with great experience, and backed up excellent service and support, then look no further than my custom tuning support website, www.DiabloSportTuning.com . Once I do the custom tune the shift light adjustment end-user option works properly, plus the fueling issue will be completely resolved with a nice flat 11.8 to 12.0 a/f across the board.

I hope to possibly have you as a customer in the future.

Kind Regards...
Site: www.RunninWithTheDevil.com
Custom Tuning: www.DiabloSportTuning.com

B A M ! ! ! !........There you have it............ :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread