whistle or whine

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
i know this has been brought up before but i couldn't find it except for one post about belts. I just installed a 2.93 pully with the predator flash tune. runs great but what is up with that constant whistle or whine? not to bad at idle, just gets lounder with higher rpm, its not even in boost. i saw someone saying that the gatorback produces this whistleing sound, which i just put on with the new pully. it is coming around the belts, so it may not be the blower. i'm just lost and want to make sure its not a problem.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He is complaining about it? LOL! I've had the Gatorback on for about 3 weeks now. I don't even turn on my radio anymore. I just want to take in the sweet whistle of the Gatorback, whine of the blower, and rumble of the exhaust. A true symphony! :)

TRBO VNM

I can't wait to join in a few weeks...it just isn't loud enough. I am use to centrifugal blowers.

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
not really complaining, just wanted to see if that was normal. also the gatorback is 74.5" and i've noticed people saying it should be 74" be rpm outlet said that the 74.5 is correct.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
I have a non slip pulley, gator back belt, BBK chrome inlet pipe, and a 17lb Kenne Bell and it sounds like a jet at idle now :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread