Whipple- Polished or NOT polished???

stvdman

Established Member
It looks like I will be ordering the 2nd Gen Whipple 2.3 fairly soon with a June/July install time. So I have some time to get plans in order.

My first "dilema" is which do I want, the polished or not.

My car is a Black 03 10th Anniversary. Everything is black or red, the JLT RAI under the hood is black.

I figure the black Whipple would look good, I know the polished ones look GREAT, just dont know if its worth the extra $500, or if it would "great" considering everything about the car already matched the "normal" colored Whipple.

I am not all about the "bling" thing, but I like it to look good anyway. I think the black whipple will look like it was made for the car where the polished version would look "tacked on". At least on this particular car.

Thoughts?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The deciding factor for me was the fact that the polished one would retain more heat due to it being polished so I went with the black.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I went w/ black, because I didnt want "Flitz" my blower every weekend...lol.

The black Whipple looks more at home in a stock engine bay.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Purely a personal preference. Don't be concerned about heat retention if you like the polished version. If that was a real factor we wouldn't see so many polished blowers. I've always loved polished blowers, which is why my Eaton got polished when I had it ported. Never regretted it. Got tons of compliments. Black? It looks equally nice. Some think it looks even nicer. And then there's that extra $500. you'll spend on the polished version. If your budget is fairly tight it would pay for other mods. Just a thought. Either way you can't lose I guess.

stvdman

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies.

I too like the polished look. I think it looks SICK in the right situation. I am just afraid if I go with the polished all of a sudden MORE polished items will need to find their way into the engine bay ;) .

I think I am leaning towards the black.

Bob- Again, you are partially to blame for my sickness, it ws your car that REALLY pushed me over the edge to go look at a Cobra. I saw your car (I believe it was yours anyway) at a show in Middletown, CT (I think it was there anyway, near the baseball fields). I asked you about it, saw the polished blower, the sick looking pulley, the DYNO graph and was hooked.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
i also think you should stick to the black version. Matches your car better, and $500 less!!

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Black FTW!!!
IMG_2526.jpg

Teal Terminator

Established Member
If you like bling go polished. If you like a nice clean, coordinated, looking engine bay go black. Either way it is your personal preference and either will look good!

Users who are viewing this thread