Whipple or Kenny Bell

CobraMystic

Established Member
Decide what you want out of your car first. Some of the advice in these forums assumes you'll spend a lot of time at the track. The advice is sound, just geared more towards 1/4 mile performance.
Looking back, I wish I'd just gone with the basics (pulley, exhaust, tune, K&N) instead of the Whipple, 4# lower, Focus pumps & MAFia. The car has unreal power but I rarely exploit its full potential.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
the whipple kit is 50 state legal (likely with 13lbs of boost)...that's what I plan to do with cali's tree huggin carb laws (meanwhile empty city buses and electric plants spew out the smog).

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Boy, it would be fun if someone with a 2.2 swapped a Whipple on their car with the exact same pulley config to see what the power differences would be!

stangfreak

Established Member
the 2.4 DOES use a larger pulley to equal the same boost level as the 2.2 would with a smaller pulley

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
sambandit said:
Boy, it would be fun if someone with a 2.2 swapped a Whipple on their car with the exact same pulley config to see what the power differences would be!

Sho nuff, take somebody with the benefit of the whole SVT world in mind to pull that off.

a true hero...........

Users who are viewing this thread