whipple lightning vs. ported cobra on 110

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Nope. The new new owner has but I never hears results. I did once though before I sold it.

You never ran it on high boost though if I remember right? New new owner post on here? I never heard anything of that monster since?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You never ran it on high boost though if I remember right? New new owner post on here? I never heard anything of that monster since?

No the new owner doesn't post on any of the boards. I never turned the boost up at the track. With a lazy 60ft and a little spin about 100 ft out it went 10.63@137. I needed a looser converter and a 2 step.

SvtRacing

Established Member
Haha what a dumbass! Who would do something like that? :uh oh:

the DA sitting at that computer your on lol j/k

Good point.

OP what Stall and Valve Body are you running? Would I be correct in assuming a stock stall with a ported valve body? The truck sounds like it shifts pretty quickly for a stock valve body. Are you manually shifting the truck?

Also have you changed the rear gear? As far as I know the only gear options for the 9.75's are 3.55's,(like the 99/00 have factory) 3.73's,(like the 01-04's came factory with) or 4.10's.

Make no mistake about it though it will take quite a bit of HP for a L to run with a 500 WHP Cobra from a roll.

i wish we were closer i think me and you would be a very good race from a roll. ive ran a best on the street tune of 7.28 at 95 in the 1/8 spinning the rim in the tire on street pulleys. i ran this past weekend on race tune with c16 and street pulleys after it rained in the heat and ran 11.5 at 119 and was spinning to a 1.76 and 1.85 60ft. im not dising the cobra i love the car, but you act like the lightning is a waist of time and money and have no respect for them:shrug:

Jroc

Established Member
i wish we were closer i think me and you would be a very good race from a roll. ive ran a best on the street tune of 7.28 at 95 in the 1/8 spinning the rim in the tire on street pulleys. i ran this past weekend on race tune with c16 and street pulleys after it rained in the heat and ran 11.5 at 119 and was spinning to a 1.76 and 1.85 60ft. im not dising the cobra i love the car, but you act like the lightning is a waist of time and money and have no respect for them:shrug:

WTF are you talking about? Where are you getting that I have a bias towards the Terminator? First my Terminator is wrecked. Second I like my L more than I did my Terminator it just doesn't offer the same level of performance but I'm cool with that. Third I'm just being real HP for HP a Terminator will easily accelerate itself through the atmosphere much quicker than a L will. If you half step to a Terminator from a roll they will bite you in the ass.

Props to your good times, but DR'ing and roll racing are two different things. A 500 WHP Terminator will destroy a 500 WHP L from a roll, and probably even beat a 600 WHP L once you get to higher speeds. Unless the Terminator has a good pilot that may very well change in a DR. This is not me being bias to either one it's just a fact. It's kind of like comparing a Terminator to a Z06. Yeah you can mod a Terminator to beat a Z, but HP for HP the Z will run away from it. I don't like that fact because I don't like Chevrolet's or Corvettes, but it's the honest truth. For DR'ing I would rather have a L than a Terminator even if I was running slower times as a stock type setup Terminator is not very good at it. Ask me how I know that.

If I still lived in Valdosta and had a running Terminator than I would be happy to prove to you how strong they are from a roll. I've ridden in L's that have ran faster times in the 1/4 than my Cobra,(although I'm comparing them on DR's to me on street tires) that my Cobra would have easily beat up on from a roll.

BTW please visit this thread I made earlier today.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...uld-you-rather-have-terminator-lightning.html

Last edited:

SvtRacing

Established Member
WTF are you talking about? Where are you getting that I have a bias towards the Terminator? First my Terminator is wrecked. Second I like my L more than I did my Terminator it just doesn't offer the same level of performance but I'm cool with that. Third I'm just being real HP for HP a Terminator will easily accelerate itself through the atmosphere much quicker than a L will. If you half step to a Terminator from a roll they will bite you in the ass.

Props to your good times, but DR'ing and roll racing are two different things. A 500 WHP Terminator will destroy a 500 WHP L from a roll, and probably even beat a 600 WHP L once you get to higher speeds. Unless the Terminator has a good pilot that may very well change in a DR. This is not me being bias to either one it's just a fact. It's kind of like comparing a Terminator to a Z06. Yeah you can mod a Terminator to beat a Z, but HP for HP the Z will run away from it. I don't like that fact because I don't like Chevrolet's or Corvettes, but it's the honest truth. For DR'ing I would rather have a L than a Terminator even if I was running slower times as a stock type setup Terminator is not very good at it. Ask me how I know that.

If I still lived in Valdosta and had a running Terminator than I would be happy to prove to you how strong they are from a roll. I've ridden in L's that have ran faster times in the 1/4 than my Cobra,(although I'm comparing them on DR's to me on street tires) that my Cobra would have easily beat up on from a roll.

BTW please visit this thread I made earlier today.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...uld-you-rather-have-terminator-lightning.html

lol i quoted the wrong person i was talking about OEM sorry dude.

Users who are viewing this thread